Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-12, 04:52 PM   #97
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

I loved Dead Space, and your guys' feelings are making me want to get this one.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 05:28 PM   #98
Cylphid
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I loved Dead Space, and your guys' feelings are making me want to get this one.
I's not quite the same experience - Dead Space is more action oriented imo, but this does not disappoint. Atmosphere is nothing shy of fantastic.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:38 PM   #99
i SPY
007
 
i SPY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: You were sayin'
Posts: 290
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT.Schaffer View Post
I'm at 6 hrs and have only barely started episode 3

Also i was having trees flickering like the old 8mm camera effect,but i found turning off Ambient Occlusion in the Nvidia CP stopped it

This Game is going on my favorite games of all time list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
While not ideal for some people, you can get rid of the tree flickering by limiting the framerate to 30fps through nVidia Inspector, and that way you can keep AO on. I prefer framerate limiting because (1) I prefer lower framerates as I find them more cinematic, and (2) I'm using a controller so I don't notice any movement/look lag.

There is no need to lower gfx or use fps cap, that tree flicker stops with triple buffer D3Doverrider.
__________________
intel Q9450 @ 3.656Ghz [1.3875v, LLC off]| GA-X48-DS5 [Memory Enhance: Turbo]|MSi N570GTX TwinFrozrIII OC/PowerEdition|Kingston HyperX 4x2GB PC 8500 @ 1097Mhz [5-5-5-18, 2.25v]| Creative X-FI Pro [SB046A]| Tagan PipeRock 600w [48A]

i SPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 11:15 PM   #100
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?
 
RoachMojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 291
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post


It gets better.
Seriously...I had to stop playing just now, as it is too bloody scary for me. I guess I'm losing my taste for the scary stuff. And yes, I do scare easily. Over active imagination.

When that inky, swirly **** starts coming, along with that eerie sound...I just can't stand it!!
__________________
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 07:25 AM   #101
Cylphid
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachMojo View Post
Seriously...I had to stop playing just now, as it is too bloody scary for me. I guess I'm losing my taste for the scary stuff. And yes, I do scare easily. Over active imagination.

When that inky, swirly **** starts coming, along with that eerie sound...I just can't stand it!!
My kid was watching over my shoulder last night, lights off and sound turned up.

I could barely hear the game over the "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGLOOKOUT!BEHINDYOU!OHNOOOSSS"

LOL! I couldn't stop laughing.

But this does get intense - like someone else said you never know when the next axe in the back is going to come and you have no ammo - sometimes no flashlight....I love it.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 10:31 AM   #102
PowerK
Registered User
 
PowerK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 57
Default

Patch released.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2561120
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 11:25 AM   #103
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?
 
RoachMojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 291
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
My kid was watching over my shoulder last night, lights off and sound turned up.

I could barely hear the game over the "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGLOOKOUT!BEHINDYOU!OHNOOOSSS"

LOL! I couldn't stop laughing.

But this does get intense - like someone else said you never know when the next axe in the back is going to come and you have no ammo - sometimes no flashlight....I love it.
Hahahaha! I finally got up the nerve to play again last night, and found that I can trigger an event and lead those ****ers back towards the light so I can pick them off one by one. Much less chance of a coronary for me. :P
__________________
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 04:41 PM   #104
Cylphid
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachMojo View Post
Hahahaha! I finally got up the nerve to play again last night, and found that I can trigger an event and lead those ****ers back towards the light so I can pick them off one by one. Much less chance of a coronary for me. :P
Yep, that's one of my tactics too. I do wish we could use melee weapons too though. The way the events are set up that would be perfect for some of them.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-12, 05:17 PM   #105
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?
 
RoachMojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 291
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
Yep, that's one of my tactics too. I do wish we could use melee weapons too though. The way the events are set up that would be perfect for some of them.
Yeah, me too. That one part:



but I'll figure it out, If I don't soil my drawers.
__________________
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 06:04 PM   #106
Cylphid
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachMojo View Post
Yeah, me too. That one part:



but I'll figure it out, If I don't soil my drawers.


Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 06:06 PM   #107
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?
 
RoachMojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 291
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post


No! This is just near the beginning of the second episode! I'm doomed...
__________________
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-12, 06:15 PM   #108
Cylphid
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Default Re: Alan Wake coming to Steam in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachMojo View Post
No! This is just near the beginning of the second episode! I'm doomed...
oh my....

yeah, you in for a ride
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.