Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-14-11, 04:33 PM   #13
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE - Official Release Windows Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Same, and exactly for that reason. I much preferred Painkiller.
true but I think that the SS games have always had a sort of elementary brainless fun factor to them that made them a fun game to jump on and play.. especially back in the day at LAN parties and what not 4 player co-op was absolute insanity and generally regarded as more fun than any of the quake 3 or unreal tournament or battlefield stuff.

I can't wait for this new one. Croteam is always on top of the graphics too. I remember being floored by the very first one. Extremely detailed surfaces and tons of effects that really pushed the visual envelope.

I was a bit let down by the HD re-makes as they were basically just re-textured with the SS2 lighting engine but it was fun to re-play with buddies from back in the early SS1 days over steam.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 04:42 PM   #14
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

I hate to say this (because I am a hardcore KB/M fan), but on a controller with vibration, the weapons feel awesome :-P
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 10:53 AM   #15
Cylphid

Gotta bump this.

So far, every single thing that was wrong in SS2 is fixed in SS3. This game is a hoot, better than SE imo.

Good visual, great weapons, nice job on the environments, good balance wrt combat, and no hand holding except for signs pointing the way through certain maps - easy to get turned around and lost in a few.

More than worth the $13 I just paid for it.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 11:04 AM   #16
|MaguS|

My fiance, Friend and I played and beat it when it launched. Its a great game but it was kinda short. We wish it was longer because it was so much fun.
Old 02-27-12, 12:46 PM   #17
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
My fiance, Friend and I played and beat it when it launched. Its a great game but it was kinda short. We wish it was longer because it was so much fun.
I haven't beat it yet, but I think I'm close. Just got the sniper rifle, so that just leaves the 'nade launcher and lazer cannon - if all the weapons are the same, that is. Love the devastator

Some of the new comments crack me up too.....
Old 02-27-12, 01:09 PM   #18
|MaguS|

You can actually complete the game without getting all the weapons. I know our first play-through we missed the laser cannon.
Old 02-27-12, 01:15 PM   #19
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
You can actually complete the game without getting all the weapons. I know our first play-through we missed the laser cannon.
Thanks for the tip - yeah, I may be right at the ending then. A couple of the secrets threw me though, as in "How the heck do I get up there?"
Old 03-06-12, 05:47 PM   #20
G@merX

I loved this game. I thought it was very short, even for games today, but for the price I guess itmakes sense. A game is damn good when you're sad it ends. Croteam did an amazing job with this one. I hope they make an expansion pack for it.

Old 03-07-12, 08:58 AM   #21
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G@merX View Post
I loved this game. I thought it was very short, even for games today, but for the price I guess itmakes sense. A game is damn good when you're sad it ends. Croteam did an amazing job with this one. I hope they make an expansion pack for it.
Yes - although it took me a bit to figure out that last boss. I must have died 30 times at least

On my second playthough now, still a blast, can't wait for the next one.
Old 03-07-12, 11:06 AM   #22
G@merX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
Yes - although it took me a bit to figure out that last boss. I must have died 30 times at least

On my second playthough now, still a blast, can't wait for the next one.
At least you beat him alone LOL. I had to jump into a co-op mp to take that big bastard down.
Old 03-07-12, 11:24 AM   #23
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G@merX View Post
At least you beat him alone LOL. I had to jump into a co-op mp to take that big bastard down.
Believe me, it was totally by accident...while I was running for my life like a little baby.