Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-12, 01:33 AM   #205
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
did you get the water in your loop from a muddy puddle?
Gosh, you're so condescending! At least his tubes are the same color.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 02:54 AM   #206
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Gosh, you're so condescending! At least his tubes are the same color.
Lol, touche. Not remotely close to as bad as my ghetto multi colored tubes and clamps. . It does look like dirty water though.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 04:09 AM   #207
Muppet
Registered User
 
Muppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,130
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Final build shot:

Looks bloody awesome. Well done on an extremely tidy build.
__________________
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:15 AM   #208
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Muppet - thanks.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:21 AM   #209
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Lol, touche. Not remotely close to as bad as my ghetto multi colored tubes and clamps. . It does look like dirty water though.
You're kidding, right? I'm guessing that you haven't been watercooling for very long...

Tubing discoloration is quite common. The reason you don't see it most of the time is because guys use additives to color the water. I'm not using any additives this time because 1) it can raise temps by a few degrees and 2) the dye can separate from the coolant and clog your blocks under certain metal/chemical mixtures.

So no, the water is not "muddy"; it's just the tubing changing color from the variable temps of the water. Happens with most tubing. You just don't see it because of the colored coolants that guys use. You can look in the bay reservoir and the water is quite clear.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:28 AM   #210
tjohn
Paleo Pennsylvania
 
tjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 721
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Looks great to me!
__________________
Main Rig == ASRock Z68 Pro Gen3 | I7 2600K @ 4.6 | G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB | CMV8 Cooler | Crucial C300 RealSSD 128GB | EVGA 570GTX | CM HAFX | Win7 x64

HTPC == Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT | AMD X2 240 Regor | A-DATA 2X4 PC3 10600 | WD 1TB | LG Blue-Ray | Corsair 400W PSU | Lian Li PC-C37B | Win7 x64

Home Server == Gigabyte GA-MA785GM | AMD Sempron 2.7GHz 45W | G.SKILL 2X1 DDR2 667 | WD GRN 1 TB x3 | Seasonic 380W 80+ Bronze | Antec 300 case | Windows Home Server

Toshiba U405-S2830 Laptop | 13.3" - 1200x800 | C2D T8100 2.1 Penryn | 4 GB DDR2 677 | Wireless N | Intel X3100 Vid | 250GB HDD | Win7 x64

HP dm3 Laptop | 13.3" - 1366x768 | AMD Athlon Neo X2 | ATI Radeon HD 3200 | 4GB DDR2 | 320GB HDD | Wireless N | Bluetooth | Windows 8 Developer Preview
tjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:38 AM   #211
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Thanks, tjohn.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:58 AM   #212
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
You're kidding, right? I'm guessing that you haven't been watercooling for very long...

Tubing discoloration is quite common. The reason you don't see it most of the time is because guys use additives to color the water. I'm not using any additives this time because 1) it can raise temps by a few degrees and 2) the dye can separate from the coolant and clog your blocks under certain metal/chemical mixtures.

So no, the water is not "muddy"; it's just the tubing changing color from the variable temps of the water. Happens with most tubing. You just don't see it because of the colored coolants that guys use. You can look in the bay reservoir and the water is quite clear.
I think Roadhog was joking lol... He seems to be the most misunderstood here at nv news.

Looks good Xion.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-12, 10:01 AM   #213
lee63
Classified
 
lee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murrieta, U.S./Taunton, U.K.
Posts: 4,263
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Looks great, did you say were going to sleeve the PSU ? I was thinking on getting the new Corsair cables, but I just cant justify spending $100 on them...I'd like to learn how to do it myself.

Not sure if I have the patience though...seems like a lot of tedious work.

http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-...cessories.html
__________________
lee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 10:24 AM   #214
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Thank you Vin and Lee.

Lee - That's a great upgrade option from Corsair. Wish I had a modular PSU and I would try them. I'd advise you to get them because sleeving a PSU will probably be the most tedious, boring, aggravating mod you will ever do to your PC.

By the time you pay for the sleeving and heatshrink and the tools to free the molex connectors you're going to be spending a good 50-60$, anyway. And then you'll still have to do all the sleeving yourself.

I don't plan to sleeve mine at this point. I think the conduit looks fine, and I don't have many cables that are showing, anyway. Plus my PSU's not modular and so I can't use those.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 10:41 AM   #215
lee63
Classified
 
lee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murrieta, U.S./Taunton, U.K.
Posts: 4,263
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Thank you Vin and Lee.

Lee - That's a great upgrade option from Corsair. Wish I had a modular PSU and I would try them. I'd advise you to get them because sleeving a PSU will probably be the most tedious, boring, aggravating mod you will ever do to your PC.

I don't plan to sleeve mine at this point. I think the conduit looks fine, and I don't have many cables that are showing, anyway.
Well with Corsair AX PSU's all the wires are black already..its really doesn't look to bad at all, but your right though...just need to convince the wife now Oh btw, what drivers are you using for Xfire ?

Thats the thing with AMD, too many drivers..its hard to keep up sometimes.

7950s will be here today
__________________
lee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 10:52 AM   #216
Xion X2
Registered User
 
Xion X2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: Post Your Rig 2012 Edition

Grats on the 7950s.

I'm using the 12.2 Pre-certified driver on AMD's site. It's also linked in the drivers forum on Rage3D.

Just to give you a heads up.. there's a bug I'm getting right now where my framerate will drop in a few games and I get some pausing and stuttering (Skyrim is one of them). ALT-TAB out to the desktop and back into the game fixes it every time. I've reported it to the driver team.

Haven't seen this happen but in Skyrim and Rift so far. Crysis I had some issues with. BF3 plays great. I'm playing Skyrim with the 4k HD texture mod, tree shadows, shadow maps at 8192 and ugridstoload at 9 (distance terrain mapping) with 4x transparency/supersampling AA and getting a constant 60fps.

Just keep in mind that it's a new architecture and there will be a few growing pains with the drivers. The 12.2 pre-cert is the first official driver for the 7900 series.
__________________

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.