Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-01-04, 11:53 AM   #37
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
So if I mention that Painkiller has an alpha loose now too would that be warez or news talk?
Defently news talk As I have said, Im not going to go looking for it, but will be happy to read others feedback, until an offical demo is out
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-04, 12:00 PM   #38
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
Defently news talk As I have said, Im not going to go looking for it, but will be happy to read others feedback, until an offical demo is out
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...threadid=22966
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-04, 01:52 PM   #39
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaitan
"You have no right to play a game before it is released."

From what I hear, there is no gameplay in the leak, so no foul play. Absolutely no gameplay at all. Infact, less than a demo. Basically a bugridden version of a few screens everyone has seen is all. LOL The most telling thing I have heard, is that, GSC indeed knows how to code, and you won`t need any monster systems to run it as many have been fearing.

IMHO the worst thing a dev can do is hype a game over 2 years or more. Valve did the gaming community an honor by waiting to announce HL 2. Thus allowing everyone to not get so antsy bout its release. If devs or those the hire for PR were more judicious bout hype, and announce 6 to 9 months at the most before release, and allow a timely demo, alot of the problems would go away. If not, reap whatyas sow I say.
You are viewing stolen intelletual property. It is the same as buying a fenced DVD player.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-04, 02:56 PM   #40
The Baron

I have to disagree about Amigas to a degree, considering a ton of their stuff was European-only and there was simly no way to get it in the US short of paying an exorbitant price (and by exorbitant, I mean UNSANE) or using warez. A lot of people preferred the second--can't say I'm shocked.