Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-07-12, 07:13 PM   #37
Hogrider

Default Re: iPad 3/HD Event

Well at least you won't be standing outside of Best Buy in one of their blue snuggies with the Best Buy logo on it like I did for my wife when the ipad2 went on sale. Luckily we were 3rd in line if I remember right so we got one.
Old 03-08-12, 05:31 AM   #38
Hogrider

It does look like they increased battery life with ios5.1 and my iphone. 9.5 hours off the charger with an hour of useage from some text messaging and a wrong number call from someone in jail and my phone is still at 89%

If I left my Samsung Vibrant phone at home and didn't use it then it would last maybe a day and a half in standby it never lasted 2 days.
Old 03-08-12, 08:33 AM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
It does look like they increased battery life with ios5.1 and my iphone. 9.5 hours off the charger with an hour of useage from some text messaging and a wrong number call from someone in jail and my phone is still at 89%

If I left my Samsung Vibrant phone at home and didn't use it then it would last maybe a day and a half in standby it never lasted 2 days.
The new update has helped my iPhone as well. I streamed Internet radio for 45 minutes and I'm only down to 99%. More tests will prove true/false but if true, wow.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12, 10:53 AM   #40
Hogrider

Coming up on 12 hours now with 82% left.
Old 03-08-12, 11:38 AM   #41
six_storm

6 Hours at 93% here. Usually I'm down to 80% after commute Internet radio, a few phones calls and texts. Seems like when it gets to 80%, it doesn't go down as fast for me.
Old 03-08-12, 08:06 PM   #42
Hogrider

I had my phone at work and a signal is almost non existant where I had it. I think this contributed to the faster battery drain while there. 21 hours now with 41% left.
At home now with a wifi connection so I'll see if the drainage percent slows down. It's averaging 2.81% an hour as of now.
Old 03-08-12, 08:43 PM   #43
|MaguS|

Thinking about selling my Touchpad and iPad 1 for the new iPad. Really want to play Infinity Blade but the original iPad just can't handle it. =\
Old 03-08-12, 08:52 PM   #44
Zelda_fan

Have to say this new iPad looks incredible. Can't wait to get one. I was skeptical about the previous iPads but with the new screen and all this one kind of knocks it out of the park.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-12, 09:49 PM   #45
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Thinking about selling my Touchpad and iPad 1 for the new iPad. Really want to play Infinity Blade but the original iPad just can't handle it. =\
Infinity Blade 1? The iPad plays just fine, not sure about IB2 though as I don't own it. But I've seen IB1 on an iPad 2 and it's a nice difference in framerate.

I'll be getting a new iPad probably in another year unless the wifey gets one later this year.
Old 03-09-12, 04:56 AM   #46
Hogrider

33.5 hours and 17% left...

I went ahead and plugged it in because I need it today.
I am satisfied with that battery performance.
Old 03-09-12, 11:45 AM   #47
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

sold my ipad 2 so just paying 150 +tax for the new one, cant wait to draw on that screen.
Old 03-09-12, 08:57 PM   #48
Hogrider

Actually it's not a larger iphone 4s. The iphone 4s has full Siri while the ipad 3 doesn't. The iphone 4s also has an 8mp camera comapred to ipad3 5mp camera.

Just saying