Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-20-08, 06:42 AM   #13
Loreman
Shred Master

Default Re: Syndicate sequel in the works!?!

I played syndicate wars on the original playstation, I really loved it. I finished it, no cheats.

It was a great strategy game.
2 x Leadtek 8800GTX SLI
Loreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 07:11 AM   #14
DJMONDY

Would like to see another dungeon keeper or theme park! loved those game so much.

I played the original syndicate (think it was on the super nintendo) and s-wars on my pc. was really addicitve. this is good news indeed as long as they dont screw it up!
DJMONDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 12:14 PM   #15
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
I hate to say I never had a chance to play the original, but I did play Syndicate Wars a bit in the 90s. I bought it again a few years ago too.

What an incredibly hard game though. I think you actually have to use cheats to beat it.

I remember seeing the box for Syndicate on 3DO back in the early 90s too. My brother's friend had it and loved it then.
The original is light years better than Wars, and definitely worth tracking down if you haven't played it.
Old 10-20-08, 01:15 PM   #16
AdamK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
The original is light years better than Wars, and definitely worth tracking down if you haven't played it.
I actually liked Syndicate Wars slightly more than the first.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 10:38 AM   #17
Destroy

Really? This game is...but..really?! wtf? Gah.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-12, 05:35 PM   #18
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

bloom is pretty atrocious, when you get close to really bright objects they put more bloom on the sides of your screen. FOV is not horrible but haven't played much, I killed a hobo in the alley - probably why it's banned here. Thank goodness for global digital distribution
Old 02-26-12, 02:55 AM   #19
Darth Rancid
DeltaChromeF1

After one or two hours of playing the New Syndicate, my opinion is as follows:
They have dumbed it down to levels that should be illegal. It has become an FPS on Rails. "Shoot at this --> open this door --> Do this --> Fight stupid Boss-Fight. --> Run about on top of a train shooting at people flying by on hoverbikes, and fight a gunship with your 30mm gatling gun, (that you can carry around)"... The train is however completely impervious to any weapons, (including bombs), the gunship carries.. so why not just climb down into it and close the hatch and wait for the gunship to go Bingo Fuel?

It is a Console FPS in Syndicate Clothing. Not a bad Console FPS, but, so far, it has none of the freedom that we so loved in the original Syndicate..
Old 02-26-12, 03:16 AM   #20
AdamK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Rancid View Post
After one or two hours of playing the New Syndicate, my opinion is as follows:
They have dumbed it down to levels that should be illegal. It has become an FPS on Rails. "Shoot at this --> open this door --> Do this --> Fight stupid Boss-Fight. --> Run about on top of a train shooting at people flying by on hoverbikes, and fight a gunship with your 30mm gatling gun, (that you can carry around)"... The train is however completely impervious to any weapons, (including bombs), the gunship carries.. so why not just climb down into it and close the hatch and wait for the gunship to go Bingo Fuel?

It is a Console FPS in Syndicate Clothing. Not a bad Console FPS, but, so far, it has none of the freedom that we so loved in the original Syndicate..
It's said that it's turned out like this. Another PC classic regurgitated into console trash.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-12, 03:53 PM   #21
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
bloom is pretty atrocious, when you get close to really bright objects they put more bloom on the sides of your screen. FOV is not horrible but haven't played much, I killed a hobo in the alley - probably why it's banned here. Thank goodness for global digital distribution
Yeah, the fact no one is safe, wounded enemies, hobos, innocent bystanders is the main reason it was banned here.

I liked it. Finished it in an afternoon, but it was fun. I'm glad they didn't try to remake the original, rather make a different game, set in the same universe. If you loved the original, play it, if you want a FPS, play this.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote