Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-16-12, 10:07 PM   #37
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Link?
I'm away from my PC but.

Google windows store. On the left will be a list of products, pick windows phone. The trophy is on the right.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 11:26 AM   #38
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Not sure why I am so hesistant to get a free device......

zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 11:49 AM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: So I bought a windows phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
Not sure why I am so hesistant to get a free device......

It's because you are a sissy. Just do it you woman! Get off crappy Android!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 05:25 PM   #40
Bman212121

So I ran into the first major snafu with my phone. Trying to upload / download office documents. Can't do it with zune, don't want to do it with skydrive.... Sent myself the document as an attachment in an email and was able to download it. The I made a couple of changes, but couldn't figure out how to save it. Finally figured out that you have to use the back button to get back to the menu to find the save as, or it will prompt you to save the changes if you hit back enough times.

Now at this point the document is saved. It's even more annoying now to try to get it back off the phone and onto my pc. Can't email it to myself cause I can't browse the filesystem, and you can't click the share and choose e-mail. This has to do with me turning off automatic syncing of my email accounts. If you do not have an active email account on the phone, these options will not show up. Once I turned on email sync I was able to open up the document and share it. You still cannot go into your email account, compose a new email, and attach the file from there.

This part is just so incredibly backwards that there is no way I would ever get a tablet based upon windows phone. I could have moved that file in seconds on Windows Mobile, but there is no easy way to get files back and forth unless you want to use skydrive. The data in my file is somewhat sensitive that I don't really want to be emailing it back and forth, so obviously using the phone for documents isn't going to work well unless some changes are made.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 05:49 PM   #41
BrianG
aka HalcYoN - Hook Em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
So I ran into the first major snafu with my phone. Trying to upload / download office documents. Can't do it with zune, don't want to do it with skydrive.... Sent myself the document as an attachment in an email and was able to download it. The I made a couple of changes, but couldn't figure out how to save it. Finally figured out that you have to use the back button to get back to the menu to find the save as, or it will prompt you to save the changes if you hit back enough times.

Now at this point the document is saved. It's even more annoying now to try to get it back off the phone and onto my pc. Can't email it to myself cause I can't browse the filesystem, and you can't click the share and choose e-mail. This has to do with me turning off automatic syncing of my email accounts. If you do not have an active email account on the phone, these options will not show up. Once I turned on email sync I was able to open up the document and share it. You still cannot go into your email account, compose a new email, and attach the file from there.

This part is just so incredibly backwards that there is no way I would ever get a tablet based upon windows phone. I could have moved that file in seconds on Windows Mobile, but there is no easy way to get files back and forth unless you want to use skydrive. The data in my file is somewhat sensitive that I don't really want to be emailing it back and forth, so obviously using the phone for documents isn't going to work well unless some changes are made.
So why not use skydrive? How complicated is the password on your phone that you can't trust encrypted file transfer via intarwebs or email?

photobriangray
Nikon D700 and D300s | SB-600 | Tamron 28-75/2.8 | Tamron 17-50/2.8 | Nikon 70-200VR I
10.5/2.8 Fisheye | 28/1.8 AF-S | 35/1.8 AF-S | 50/1.8 | 105/F2 AF-D | Sigma 150/2.8 Macro
Nikon J1 | 10-30VR |30-100VR | 10/2.8 | 18/1.8
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 06:10 PM   #42
Bman212121

By default email is not encrypted...

One of the big reasons not sending documents through hotmail or another service doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Quote:
5. Your content

Except for material that we license to you, we don't claim ownership of the content you provide on the service. Your content remains your content. We also don't control, verify, or endorse the content that you and others make available on the service.
Maybe this was just one of those old rumor things but I seem to recall this not being the case. Where Microsoft used to claim in their EULA that they owned the content you put up on their service.

I don't care for anything "cloud" based as there is always a chance of accidents happening. (Or ICE will decide they want to raid your data)
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 01:55 AM   #43
massgamer

how about the performance?

______
Mass Effect Infiltrator is my new pruchase
massgamer is offline   Reply With Quote