Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-10-12, 03:44 PM   #61
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: iPad 3/HD Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
If we used that logic then the people who have an iphone and get random reboots/kernel panics it will happen to everyone who buys the phone. Though, I assume you don't have that problem on yours, which means no one else does too.
You have this same way of thinking when it comes to Xfire/AMD drivers... so....... pot meet kettle?
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 03:49 PM   #62
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

I've been trying to decide on what tablet I was going to buy this spring and I also wanted to hold off for the iPad3 announcement. I'm glad I decided to wait as it's going to blow the doors off of any android tablet on the market.

I actually prefer android on a phone, but no android tablet can hold a candle to the iPad. It's still a 1 horse race coming up on 2 years since the first one came out. I've played around with my mother's first gen iPad many times when I've visited her and it's still faster than even the Asus transformer prime at just about anything (granted it was still on honeycomb).
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 04:35 PM   #63
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Well, I think if you tried a Galaxy Nexus you'd be saying something different, but this isn't the place for the discussion.

On the bright side, you and the local soccer moms can compare iPhone cases next time you pick the kids up from practice.

Funny you said that. We took the kids to their first soccer games today and I also bought my wife a new pink iphone case yesterday. It was fun at the soccer game but cold.

Battery is at 78% with 25 hours off the charger now. It's been operating smoother than Bob's belly after applying Skin So Soft lotion. Love this phone.

I gave Android a shot and I prefer ios, as much as that seems to bother others they will have to learn to live with it.
Old 03-10-12, 05:06 PM   #64
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Funny you said that. We took the kids to their first soccer games today and I also bought my wife a new pink iphone case yesterday. It was fun at the soccer game but cold.

Battery is at 78% with 25 hours off the charger now. It's been operating smoother than Bob's belly after applying Skin So Soft lotion. Love this phone.

I gave Android a shot and I prefer ios, as much as that seems to bother others they will have to learn to live with it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 05:24 PM   #65
Hogrider

Just now we thought we had found the first bug/problem with one of our iphones.
My wife's iphone was missing Safari and the camera. She also hasn't done a backup.
We were wondering how the kids could have uninstalled those apps then I remembered the restrictions settings in the control panel. I checked it and my wife had turned it on and she had somehow disabled those 2 apps.
I reenabled them and life is good again in the Hogrider household. She was so happy I may even get lucky tonight. See how the iphone enhances your day to day life?
Get an iphone, learn it's settings and get lucky.
Old 03-11-12, 04:42 AM   #66
Hogrider

Yes I know, that is why we were scratching our heads on how the kids could have done it. Kids can do amazing things that adults have never even been able to do.

I thought I'd throw this in here too to keep Vin updated on the battery situation. It's been exactly 36 hours now off the charger and my phone has 70% charge left. 36 hours was the longest my old Android phone could last. Good riddance to it.
I'll update again when it hits 48 hours if you would like (and if I can remember to do it)
Old 03-11-12, 04:47 AM   #67
Hogrider

I'll try sir.

I'm curious how 5.1 affected my wife's ipad2. She said it never had any battery problems but I'm not sure exactly how long it lasts since I don't use it much. I'll try and check into that if Vin is interested.
Old 03-11-12, 04:59 AM   #68
Hogrider

I decided to start a new thread so ViN wouldn't have to waste his phone battery trying to search the thread for the info he needs http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...86#post2535486

Old 03-11-12, 05:47 AM   #69
Hogrider

Hmm, didn't someone recently say this?
Quote:
Get an iphone, learn it's settings and get lucky.

Maybe that's why some of the Android users are so upset and uptight on here. Hang up and get laid guys... seriously.
Old 03-11-12, 11:33 AM   #70
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
I'll try sir.

I'm curious how 5.1 affected my wife's ipad2. She said it never had any battery problems but I'm not sure exactly how long it lasts since I don't use it much. I'll try and check into that if Vin is interested.
You need to fix your other thread. I'm ashamed to have my name in the title. It's a disgrace to science.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 01:49 PM   #71
Hogrider

You didn't get laid last night did you?
Old 03-11-12, 08:58 PM   #72
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

My iPad 3 is due tomorrow. The smart covers arrived today.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote