Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-11-12, 10:55 PM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Thread

Ash 4 Ever!

I love how the game stays in line if you kept the same romance from the previous games. ^_^
Old 03-12-12, 09:44 AM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Finished the game last night.

Loved it up until the last 15 minutes. The ending is horrendous (ANY of the endings suck, they're all virtually the same anyway). No matter what it's a phyrric victory. If your Readiness is high enough, that is, if you played enough multiplayer (which is pretty fun actually), Shepard might live at the end. I didn't get my readiness high enough apparently. Still, it didn't bother me that Shepard dies, but that no matter what the entire mass relay system is destroyed and every alien species' military is essentially stranded on Earth indefinitely. And for some reason the Normandy is zooming through space and crash lands on some random "garden world". Wasn't the Normandy just fighting Reapers above Earth moments before?

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 01:26 PM   #39
LurkerLito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Finished the game last night.

Loved it up until the last 15 minutes. The ending is horrendous (ANY of the endings suck, they're all virtually the same anyway). No matter what it's a phyrric victory. If your Readiness is high enough, that is, if you played enough multiplayer (which is pretty fun actually), Shepard might live at the end. I didn't get my readiness high enough apparently. Still, it didn't bother me that Shepard dies, but that no matter what the entire mass relay system is destroyed and every alien species' military is essentially stranded on Earth indefinitely. And for some reason the Normandy is zooming through space and crash lands on some random "garden world". Wasn't the Normandy just fighting Reapers above Earth moments before?

Same here. I finished it last night and ...

I didn't like the ending. I mean I think the worst part about it is, your paragon/renegade rating didn't really contribute at all to your ending. I always thought that if you were to either go out of your way to be paragon or renegade, the ending wouldn't allow you to go opposite way just for the end after you crossed some threshold.

Also IIRC, only synthesis destroys the ME Relays or did I miss something? I chose the blue ending because after all that exposition explaining the choices, the only ending my Shepard would chose is controlling the Reapers and removing them. The ME Relays would remain in tact so as to not ruin the lives of everyone in the Galaxy and leave all these races fighting near earth stranded there. Synthesis was too costly a choice because it was forcing your ideals onto people by rewriting their DNA, then disabling the entire galaxy by destroying the ME Relays was an unacceptable option. Killing the Reapers wasn't an option for my Shepard since doing so would mean genocide for all synthetic beings like the Geth and Edi.

What else can you do to raise your Military readiness? I am pretty sure I did almost every quest, and explored most systems to 100% or close to it (missed getting some fuel tank wreckage here and there) and I was only at about 3200

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 02:24 PM   #40
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
Same here. I finished it last night and ...

I didn't like the ending. I mean I think the worst part about it is, your paragon/renegade rating didn't really contribute at all to your ending. I always thought that if you were to either go out of your way to be paragon or renegade, the ending wouldn't allow you to go opposite way just for the end after you crossed some threshold.

Also IIRC, only synthesis destroys the ME Relays or did I miss something? I chose the blue ending because after all that exposition explaining the choices, the only ending my Shepard would chose is controlling the Reapers and removing them. The ME Relays would remain in tact so as to not ruin the lives of everyone in the Galaxy and leave all these races fighting near earth stranded there. Synthesis was too costly a choice because it was forcing your ideals onto people by rewriting their DNA, then disabling the entire galaxy by destroying the ME Relays was an unacceptable option. Killing the Reapers wasn't an option for my Shepard since doing so would mean genocide for all synthetic beings like the Geth and Edi.

What else can you do to raise your Military readiness? I am pretty sure I did almost every quest, and explored most systems to 100% or close to it (missed getting some fuel tank wreckage here and there) and I was only at about 3200

Great point about paragon/renegade. The ending is basically exactly the same as the Deus Ex: HR "push button, get ending". Pretty lazy and disappointing. My mistake on relays - destroying the Reapers OR Synthesis destroys the relays, control does not. Personally I found all three choices awful, but I'd agree control is the best overall for the galaxy.

As for increasing your readiness, aside from collecting war assets, you have to improve your Galactic Readiness % by playing multiplayer. Seriously. The amount of time you spend in multiplayer affects the ending. Supposedly if your readiness is high enough (>5000) you'll see a 2 second clip showing Shepard surviving the ending. Other than that, all endings are nearly identical, with the main difference being that they're palette-swapped (seriously). Destroy = red explosion, control = blue explosion, synthesis = green explosion. The reapers are shown collapsing instead of flying away in the Destroy ending. Other than that there is no difference. The fate of Earth, the galaxy's inhabitants and their homeworlds is left up in the air. You have no idea what happens to your crew members.

Actually the more I think about it the more I hate the ending. Really kind of ruins the entire series for me.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 05:26 PM   #41
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Earth gets destroyed if you have a low readiness. Which actually doesn't make much sense since the Red Glow is meant to destroy Synthetic life, why would it destroy the planet earth because you have fewer ships in orbit. The crucible has to provide more power because there are more alive reapers in orbit? Sorry don't buy it.

Also agreed about normandy, why would they have flown off? Taken a mass relay to get out of there? Granted they might not be sure what the wave does but it doesn't seem like a choice joker or edi would make

Deus Ex may have had a few push button endings but it had some different movies at the end to reflect the different outcomes. ME3 just has a different color and a few small changes. There are certain aspects before the end movies I enjoyed, but I think the real lack of options, the lack of your previous choices having any real effect on things makes it a poor ending

Old 03-12-12, 05:31 PM   #42
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I haven't finished yet (didn't read the above spoilers), but I'm hearing it's hard to get the better ending unless you play multi and/or ME: Infiltrator...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 09:21 PM   #43
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Pretty sure it's impossible to get the "best" ending or the ending with the "choices" without playing multiplayer. Got my galactic readiness to 92% and only just got enough effective assets to be able to choose the endings / best ending. I didn't necessarily hate the end I got but I think they could have done it a lot better and at the very least, made the different endings....different.
Old 03-13-12, 03:36 AM   #44
tungji

Anybody here bought the copy of Mass effect 3? I just bought a mobile version of infiltrator.
tungji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-12, 11:20 AM   #45
LurkerLito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Actually the more I think about it the more I hate the ending. Really kind of ruins the entire series for me.
Agreed. While I was playing ME3, I was thinking after I finish this I need to finish off my female Shepard play through of ME2 and go through ME3 again, but now I kind of just don't want to anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Earth gets destroyed if you have a low readiness. Which actually doesn't make much sense since the Red Glow is meant to destroy Synthetic life, why would it destroy the planet earth because you have fewer ships in orbit. The crucible has to provide more power because there are more alive reapers in orbit? Sorry don't buy it.

Also agreed about normandy, why would they have flown off? Taken a mass relay to get out of there? Granted they might not be sure what the wave does but it doesn't seem like a choice joker or edi would make

Deus Ex may have had a few push button endings but it had some different movies at the end to reflect the different outcomes. ME3 just has a different color and a few small changes. There are certain aspects before the end movies I enjoyed, but I think the real lack of options, the lack of your previous choices having any real effect on things makes it a poor ending

I have to agree the destruction of the planet at a low readiness doesn't seem right. I didn't get this ending where the earth was destroyed but I can't see how readiness could affect the destruction of the planet. Honestly wouldn't having a higher readiness mean an increase chance of the planet being destroyed cause it took you so long to get back with help?

The Normandy was running away is what it looked like to me and honestly if they were in the fight I can't see them having had the time to get to the ME Relay to be caught up by the energy wave. This made me feel worse about the ending, it made the Normandy crew seem like cowards. I didn't take Ashley, my love interest, on my team, but she was on Earth before the battle so was pretty much every other person who could be on my team including Edi's body. And yet both Ashley and Edi are on the Normandy at the end when it crashes, and it makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
Pretty sure it's impossible to get the "best" ending or the ending with the "choices" without playing multiplayer. Got my galactic readiness to 92% and only just got enough effective assets to be able to choose the endings / best ending. I didn't necessarily hate the end I got but I think they could have done it a lot better and at the very least, made the different endings....different.
I think I read that one of the developers said it was possible to get all the endings without playing multiplayer, but it is just easier to do with multiplayer than without it.

I didn't play multiplayer at all but I got enough assets to be able to choose between the 3 different endings and the earth was not destroyed in any of them.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 05:49 PM   #46
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

What a spoiler thread this is.. better not come here until beat game haha.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 05:50 PM   #47
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm close to getting the required 5000 (10000 * 0.5) (4000 actually coz I'm full Paragon) for the best ending and I'm nowhere near done.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 07:00 PM   #48
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

spoilers are all hidden alteast.

I hate to say it but I am getting frustrated with the game abit. Only a couple hours in and they allready send waves of mechs and auto turrets that takes gobs of ammo to blow out. My big beef is the cover system. With all these rapid hitters, if you arn't behind cover you quickly get mowed down... but there is no god damn crouch button! the only way to cover is to press the all encompassing space bar which could pretty much do ANYTHING random while up against something. It pisses me off and makes me wish I was playing MW3.