Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-12, 12:21 AM   #37
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Diablo 3 PVP dropped.

I can't believe how much you girls cry. Just STFU and buy the game or don't buy the game.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 11:59 AM   #38
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I never got into the first two games do I doubt I will buy this one.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 03:19 PM   #39
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Because at that time I found a sword that did far more dmg then my fists and their wraps did so I thought it would increase my DPS. If they never intended for a monk to use a sword why allow them to equip them and show how poor the animation system is in the game? Diablo 2 didn't allow classes to equip items that were not intended for them.

I think this is a horrible successor to Diablo 2 which was amazing. They went backwards on a lot of aspects. The only complaint I can't make is regarding the graphics which I do enjoy actually.
I can understand your complain about the animations not being unique for each weapon type, that's fair. But I just don't see it being a huge deal for the game as a whole. There were plently of builds in D2 which focused on only one weapon type, even though you could equip other weapons.

In what other ways do you think Diablo 3 is a horrible successor? I have to admit, aside from the cleaner presentation, I enjoy the feel of playing Diablo 3 much more than Diablo 2. Which aspects did they backslide on? Just to clarify, I like that they removed a lot of the level-up aspects of D2, I always felt they were unnecessary, like stat allocation and passive talents. Not that customization is bad, but I felt like once you really learned the game, the cookie cutter builds outperformed anything else, much like in WoW, but you couldn't respec or anything (though I guess you can now since 1.13?).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-12, 04:41 PM   #40
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I can understand your complain about the animations not being unique for each weapon type, that's fair. But I just don't see it being a huge deal for the game as a whole. There were plently of builds in D2 which focused on only one weapon type, even though you could equip other weapons.

In what other ways do you think Diablo 3 is a horrible successor? I have to admit, aside from the cleaner presentation, I enjoy the feel of playing Diablo 3 much more than Diablo 2. Which aspects did they backslide on? Just to clarify, I like that they removed a lot of the level-up aspects of D2, I always felt they were unnecessary, like stat allocation and passive talents. Not that customization is bad, but I felt like once you really learned the game, the cookie cutter builds outperformed anything else, much like in WoW, but you couldn't respec or anything (though I guess you can now since 1.13?).
Why not offer the stats and skills but offer a balance that doesn't make one build stronger then the other? Its possible to make a balanced game, especially how long they are taking with it. It seems to me that they didn't play focus the game enough or atleast didn't want to spend that much time balancing the game and just limit customization to ease the development. I mean they could have streamlined it but offered some customization, much like how Skyrim does it or Amalur does.

I feel the game is too streamlined, the fact that enemies drop globes to restore your mana and health screams "we did this for people who found Diablo 2 too difficult!"
Old 03-18-12, 05:10 PM   #41
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Why not offer the stats and skills but offer a balance that doesn't make one build stronger then the other? Its possible to make a balanced game, especially how long they are taking with it. It seems to me that they didn't play focus the game enough or atleast didn't want to spend that much time balancing the game and just limit customization to ease the development. I mean they could have streamlined it but offered some customization, much like how Skyrim does it or Amalur does.

I feel the game is too streamlined, the fact that enemies drop globes to restore your mana and health screams "we did this for people who found Diablo 2 too difficult!"
I dunno, I think it beats the potion-mashing and belt slot management from Diablo 2. The dropped health globes won't save you if you get in too deep anyway, and the usable pots are on a long cooldown. The UI is designed to keep you more focused on the gameplay. It's clear they want each character to be played long-term and not have a virtually unlimited number of builds for each class. Whether or not this was a wise decision is debatable since many people enjoyed rerolling and experimenting in Diablo 2. Ultimately though the game turned into mass cookie-cutter builds with an incredibly convoluted trading system (created by the community, true, but still convoluted) which trivialized the game content and ended up being a stat grind.

Most people who played Diablo 2 didn't get into the crazy trading community and didn't spend a lot of time researching optimal builds or XP running characters. They simply played the game at their own pace and maybe finished Normal before stopping or starting a new character. The Diablo 3 design philosophy lines right up with World of Warcraft, where they want players to be able to get the most out of their class without necessarily having to be real hardcore about it. The question that will determine Diablo 3's longevity is whether or not it's the kind of game which can support an endgame (personally I would say no). Still, it'll be fun.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote