Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-12, 04:22 PM   #229
Cylphid

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Thanks for the tips guys. Got some upgrading going on now.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-12, 11:58 PM   #230
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I always found this game very fair and balanced. Knowing and understanding the game world, build your guys up smart. Balance is key, not focusing in any one area for upgrades.

Also, doing this and playing smart makes the game a bit easier. Know when to rush, know when to sneak and crawl around. I found I used stealth far more than I rushed but every once in a while rushing two or three guards was the only option and using everything you have really helps. Keeping a gun great for indoors, and another that's better at distant shots. I used my pistol *a lot*. And that guy at the busted up gas station- bought a bunch of upgrades from him. That pistol, when upgraded, is *very* freakin' lethal.
I made it through the whole game with 2 pistols, light one for most work, the revolver with explosive ammo for big fights and mechs. I mostly stuck to stealth. Taking out guys so I could explore freely. If I did rush I'd use a 2 person take down + cloaking to really cause confusion.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-12, 10:21 AM   #231
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I made it through the whole game with 2 pistols, light one for most work, the revolver with explosive ammo for big fights and mechs. I mostly stuck to stealth. Taking out guys so I could explore freely. If I did rush I'd use a 2 person take down + cloaking to really cause confusion.
I'm finding myself collecting the bigger weapons and selling them, taking guys out one at a time is a blast.

The only thing that's frustrating me is the hacking, but I'm still getting what I need to complete side quests.

Great game so far.
Old 03-28-12, 12:23 PM   #232
Cylphid

I have to add one other thing. I thought from screen shots that this game was ugly as sin, but the color template and art direction actually work very well in game.

Replayability with this title for sure.
Old 03-28-12, 02:17 PM   #233
Redeemed

Yeah it most certainly does fit the environment and setting. A lot of people complained about how "clean" everything looked- well considering the game universe I'd say that fits. It'd take away if it weren't so "clean" looking imo.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 09:25 PM   #234
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Yeah it most certainly does fit the environment and setting. A lot of people complained about how "clean" everything looked- well considering the game universe I'd say that fits. It'd take away if it weren't so "clean" looking imo.
For sure, so much of the interior work is so sterile looking, but then as soon as you step out of the "privileged" areas into the real world, then you see the trash and squalor. Good Job.
Old 03-28-12, 09:26 PM   #235
mojoman0

yea I absolutely hate the color grading in bf3 but it works great for this game. The sound track is sweet too. I guess the green worked for the matrix, and this game reminded me a lot of that.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 09:46 PM   #236
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
yea I absolutely hate the color grading in bf3 but it works great for this game. The sound track is sweet too. I guess the green worked for the matrix, and this game reminded me a lot of that.
I didn't even think of that - you're right.

Old 05-23-12, 05:52 PM   #237
i SPY

New patch is out,

Quote:
Deus Ex Human Revolution Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Eidos Montreal, Square Enix, and Nixxes are happy to provide an additional patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution that addresses various issues players have reported since release. We hope this patch will allow them to further enjoy playing the game.

The patch includes:

- Some players accounted a problem where the Tai Young Medical shuttle in Hengsha would not arrive. This has been resolved.
Existing save-games can be loaded and continued from normally, the shuttle will now arrive.
- We have provided a workaround for stability and performance issues on AMD FX CPUs with specific firmware versions.
- We have made further changes to reduce stuttering in the game.
Improvements to background streaming of resources. (on DX11 only)
Workarounds have been added for issues that can happen with Windows asynchronous file IO.
We have improved parallelism with the graphics driver on dual-core machines. (should also benefit machines with more cores)
- SSAO has been improved to look less noisy.
- Various minor issues with 3DVision have been resolved.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=28050

I guess its time to finish it, this streaming issue was crap lol
intel Q9450 @ 3.656Ghz [1.3875v, LLC off]| GA-X48-DS5 [Memory Enhance: Turbo]|MSi N570GTX TwinFrozrIII OC/PowerEdition|Kingston HyperX 4x2GB PC 8500 @ 1097Mhz [5-5-5-18, 2.25v]| Creative X-FI Pro [SB046A]| Tagan PipeRock 600w [48A]

i SPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 08:48 PM   #238
Destroy

Was there ever a way found to force proper AA in this game?

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote