Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-12, 08:12 AM   #25
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Anyone else bored with gaming?

Bored with gaming? No, Skyrim, BF3, Deus Ex HR and the first 99% of Mass Effect 3 keep me playing, and I've still got Batman Arkham sitting on my HD begging to be played. The new Sins of Solar Empire and Diablo 3 are also probable "buys" for me too.

My problem is finding time to play; between work, getting a master's and life in general, I'm lucky to have a few hours a week for gaming.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 08:26 AM   #26
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Undoubtedly it is the slow period of the year, few months of very little. I am still playing BF3, Tribes Ascend and Kingdoms of Amalur. They should hold me out until the steady stream of releases starts up again. I still have some back catalogue games I could go to anyway.

So no, not bored. Like ArrowMk84, I would like more time.
Old 04-04-12, 12:04 PM   #27
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I can understand how Six_storm can feel like consoles have a limited variety of games, because they do.

With PC's you have a huge selection of RPGS, MMO's RTS's, and tons of indie games.
I knew someone would make this into a PC vs. console kind of thread lol. Consoles are just fine, it's the game quality/content I'm talking about. Where is the next awesome original idea? I don't care about graphics, guns sounds or stupid crap like everyone else around here. I want a fresh storyline, new gameplay mechanics, etc. Quality > quantity.

I haven't tried DOTA but I'm not very "excited" about Diablo 3, never was into that game. Skyrim and Mass Effect are lame, played both for 30 minutes and got bored fast. Forgot about the new Hitman game, I'll be buying that one for sure.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 12:21 PM   #28
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I knew someone would make this into a PC vs. console kind of thread lol. Consoles are just fine, it's the game quality/content I'm talking about. Where is the next awesome original idea? I don't care about graphics, guns sounds or stupid crap like everyone else around here. I want a fresh storyline, new gameplay mechanics, etc. Quality > quantity.

I haven't tried DOTA but I'm not very "excited" about Diablo 3, never was into that game. Skyrim and Mass Effect are lame, played both for 30 minutes and got bored fast. Forgot about the new Hitman game, I'll be buying that one for sure.
You did mention your Xbox in the OP... Soo... You were talking about your experience on your console. I am just saying that the PC has a much wider variety in game types, and more of them. You're pretty much stuck with cookie cutter FPS'. While I have a huge selection of indie games, rts' and rpg's to choose from. Also tons of games that don't fall into either category. Also, don't claim that consoles have rts games. Sure they do, but playing one with a controller is like playing a fps on the pc with your face.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 01:05 PM   #29
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post

???????????????????????????????????????????????
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 01:19 PM   #30
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
You did mention your Xbox in the OP... Soo... You were talking about your experience on your console. I am just saying that the PC has a much wider variety in game types, and more of them. You're pretty much stuck with cookie cutter FPS'. While I have a huge selection of indie games, rts' and rpg's to choose from. Also tons of games that don't fall into either category. Also, don't claim that consoles have rts games. Sure they do, but playing one with a controller is like playing a fps on the pc with your face.
Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth lol. Let me rephrase: PC, console, mobile and any other kind of gaming. Make sense?

I won't comment any further as this thread is enough of another cookie cutter "PC vs. console" thread. We don't need any more of that time waster.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 01:31 PM   #31
Yaboze

I know what you're talking about six_storm, I feel the same way.

I finished Skyrim and ME3. I will get D3 because it's just such a classic. Will I finish it? I dunno, but I've been waiting so long for it, I must get it, lol.

I'm not really excited about gaming in general though. Been playing some alts in SWTOR, but they are all around level 15 or so.

I think D3 (Diablo 3) might be my last big game for a while. I do enjoy mobile games though, I play a few things casually on the iPhone and iPad.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 02:13 PM   #32
Bman212121

@Six: I'd bet you're just getting burnt out on gaming. Like a lot of people said it definitely can happen as you get older. I was there a couple of years ago but now am starting to get back into playing a few things. For me I used to have more time to kill and even though I had the time to play games I didn't want to. Now I don't have the time and wish I could play more often.

The games that I would like to get more time in with right now are: Simcity 4, Empire Earth, Microsoft Flight, Minecraft, and Gran Turismo 5, or GT4 played on the emulator. I want to see if the visuals will take a big jump like what the original Gran Turismo does when it's run on the pc.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-12, 02:22 PM   #33
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Here we are. The infamous bored of gaming part of life.

You're bored not because of the lack of games, it's from your changing tastes. Shoot em up FPS'a and the like don't excite you like DD...err.. i mean like they used to. You have these fantastic memories of games of yore and when you fire them up they don't kindle that fire you remember.

THIS IS NORMAL.

You dont need to quit gaming, just find what your preference has morphed into.

Look at me for example. I was heavy into LFD2, COD (the world war ones) Swat4, Guild Wars.... a ton of others I can't remember. As my prioroties changed from that into my family/bball/family I stopped playing all of them. I havent played a PC game in a zillion years and I don't miss it.

That being said, I didn't give up gaming. I recognized that I still like it but have to find something new. Besides firing up my original NES, which will always be awesome, I've certainly found what I like.

Obviously mobile gaming is easier for me since I am away from home or at home but don't want to fire up the TV. On iOS, look for Swords and Sworcery or Waking Mars. First, the price is cheaper than a box game for a console/PC... but next.. these examples are barely games as it is...

They are musical gaming experiences. It tweaks a new feeling of gaming but getting more out of it than killing over and over again. Avoid stupid crap like Angry Birds and Super Fruit Ninja (whatever its called). Those are mindless and time wasters...

Dont fret - you aren't quitting - just changing.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 06:10 PM   #34
GitDat

Or "Nightmare House 2" Free Download. Better than F.E.A.R. in 3D Surround.
EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX Titan SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme - 8941 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
GitDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 07:46 PM   #35
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
FSX is only thing I'm playing lately and that's more so tweaking, frame rate testing, checking out addons, etc. than actual flying. Great game to push ones hardware and graphics.
Yeah, tweakers paradise. At one time when I was either working part time or unemployed I put in like six hours a night of tweaking, testing, downloading, and making screenshots. lol

Recently I've popped into ME3 a few times, but other than that I haven't touched a game since hitting level 25 in Skyrim after it came out. I was hoping it would be like the old Morrowind days where I'm glued for 400 hours, but those days are gone. Even when I try to get all excited for a game I lose interest fast, but I'm 32 now so thats how it goes....
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-05-12, 08:49 AM   #36
snowmanwithahat
Snowy

Quote:
Nope. There's BF3, Minecraft, Firefall, Skyrim, and just got Dota 2. There's also tons of awesome games set to release this year. Dunno how you can say you are bored of gaming. Maybe the console doesn't offer what you want after all.

I also have about 100 games on my steam list I haven't even played... my back log is massive, but no time.
I'm the same way. I have a ton of games that I've been wanting to play. I just haven't had the time.

I've been occupied a lot lately with Heroes of Newerth for my multiplayer fix and Skyrim for my single player fix... it's been plenty enough to keep me busy
8gb (4x2gb) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 (5-4-4-12)
MSI+ASUS GTX 470 SLI
Dell u3011 IPS Display
HP 22" Auxiliary Monitor
256gb Western Digital Silicon Edge Blue SSD
5x2tb RAID-5 Array
750W PC P&C PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit & Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

---Gaming Laptop---
ASUS G53JW
Core i7 740QM
16gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 460m