Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-06-12, 12:37 PM   #13
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: EVERY DAY I'M THUMPERING

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I see you're very exited about it

How does the free to play approach work with this game? Ads, in-game purchases or how is it done?
microtransactions. They said none of the things you can buy will affect gameplay or give you an advantage.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 12:40 PM   #14
ViN86

Let me be clear in what I think is similar to Borderlands. It's mainly the art direction and some of the game mechanics (1st person ADS). Some of the enemies are reminiscent of Borderlands-type enemies too.

But the MMO aspect is completely different from Borderlands, and many of the additions are nothing like it. For example, there are classes now with different abilities, each with a different role that better supports other players (e.g. healing and other various things). (yes there were classes in Borderlands, too, but these are very different)
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 12:42 PM   #15
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
So more like costumes or stuff to decorate your virtual home?

What kinda things can you buy ingame, if that's already enabled in the beta?
You can't do any of that yet.
Old 04-06-12, 12:54 PM   #16
Redeemed

I'm actually getting a bit excited for this- I miss the days where there were so many new titles coming out each year, and those new titles pushed you to purchase newer and more powerful hardware to run said titles at the best possible frame rate with the best possible in-game settings. The excitement around HL2 and D3's launch, articles stating you'd need a super beefy video card with 256MB framebuffer for those games (this was around the time I bought my FX5950U), and then we were wowed with FarCry which seemed to have come out of no where but had stunning visuals at the time (easily brought my 5950U to it's knees). Then there was Quake4, Prey, and F.E.A.R., and can't forget Oblivion- each pushing us to purchase crazy hardware to run the games with exception frame rates and max settings. CoD 4 was among those in its time to push our hardware.

Those feelings just aren't there for me anymore. My computer is nothing special compared to most PC gaming enthusiasts, yet I feel no compelling reason to upgrade. No game or games on the horizon that will drive me to upgrade. Hence where the boredom is coming from. Mostly a re-hash same-old same-old. That's one reason I enjoyed the Crysis games so much- because they're a revolutionary leap in visuals for gaming, yet what other games can claim that?

Don't know why but this game kinda' has me feeling excited like that again. It seems as though it's taken out of James Cameron's Avatar world, kinda'. I dunno- just really seems like I could like this game. Even more so since it doesn't have a monthly fee. If it's as awesome as it seems, I'd love to pay them $50 but it sounds like the game is absolutely free. If so I do hope they have paypal for donations, as it sounds I'd likely shoot them $50.

This may just revive my interest in gaming, specifically PC gaming.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 01:06 PM   #17
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Good gameplay video.

Old 04-06-12, 01:17 PM   #18
Redeemed

I'm still watching the videos so I haven't checked- but by chance do you know any technical specs about this game? Like does it use DX11? The lighting, texturing, smoke and such look too advanced to be DX9, it looks DX10-ish at least.

Wow... this looks like what I've been wanting in a game.

I may become very poor in the not so distant future. Gonna' have to give this game a go, but I could see my self dumping down some cash to get the absolute most out of my experience with this game. Been a long time since a game had me this interested.
Old 04-06-12, 01:23 PM   #19
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'm still watching the videos so I haven't checked- but by chance do you know any technical specs about this game? Like does it use DX11? The lighting, texturing, smoke and such look too advanced to be DX9, it looks DX10-ish at least.

Wow... this looks like what I've been wanting in a game.

I may become very poor in the not so distant future. Gonna' have to give this game a go, but I could see my self dumping down some cash to get the absolute most out of my experience with this game. Been a long time since a game had me this interested.
It uses the Offset Engine so I assume it is DX9. Doesn't really matter though, the lighting in the game is jaw dropping.
Old 04-06-12, 01:29 PM   #20
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Epic new Firefall Intro. O_O

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...irefall/728811

Old 04-06-12, 01:32 PM   #21
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Old 04-06-12, 01:35 PM   #22
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Good gameplay video.

That looks like a lot of hours of my life can disappear in that world
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 02:19 PM   #23
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Looks great.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 02:28 PM   #24
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It uses the Offset Engine so I assume it is DX9. Doesn't really matter though, the lighting in the game is jaw dropping.
Offset Engine? Haven't heard of it. Gonna' have to read up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
That looks like a lot of hours of my life can disappear in that world
I know right?