Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-12-12, 07:09 PM   #13
Zelda_fan

Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um, It has the Android Marketplace which is as large as the IOS App Store.
lol
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 06:20 AM   #14
Logical

Hmmm the HTC one XL is only a dual core....My next upgrade will be the HTC one X which is the quad core with Nvidia tegra 3 Grpahics...This is the HTC flaship phone.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-4320.php
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 09:16 AM   #15
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Hmmm the HTC one XL is only a dual core....My next upgrade will be the HTC one X which is the quad core with Nvidia tegra 3 Grpahics...This is the HTC flaship phone.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-4320.php
The Dual Core model has outpaced the Quad Core model on almost every benchmark. The X also lacks LTE connectivity due to Tegra 3 being incompatible.
Old 04-13-12, 02:33 PM   #16
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um, It has the Android Marketplace which is as large as the IOS App Store.
Larger, actually (as in, larger selection of apps.) Let's not even get into android apps being on average cheaper, more of them are free, google doesn't restrict what the app is allowed to do (for example apple doesn't allow alternative browsers or e.g. SMB file sharing, alternative keyboards, among many other things.)

Also let's not get into the proven fact that android apps crash less than iphone apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
See above
Your points basically come down to "yeah that phone is better, but who cares because I don't want those better things."

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 05:00 PM   #17
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post

Also let's not get into the proven fact that android apps crash less than iphone apps.
That's complete bs in my house. We have had 2 Android phones and currently Google TV. We have an ipad2 and 2 iphones and the Android devices have crashed in apps more than I can count. The i devices have had 1 app crash on the ipad, one time, that's it.
Old 04-13-12, 06:17 PM   #18
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
That's complete bs in my house. We have had 2 Android phones and currently Google TV. We have an ipad2 and 2 iphones and the Android devices have crashed in apps more than I can count. The i devices have had 1 app crash on the ipad, one time, that's it.
Huge sample there. lmfao.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 06:37 PM   #19
Rakeesh

Quote:
Well let's look at a proper sample size:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomioger...d-a-data-dive/
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...Report-358312/
http://technorati.com/technology/art...ne-apps-crash/
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2012/02...-than-android/

My personal guess for this is that the android API is far more fault tolerant to programmer error than iOS (think about it, on the iOS platform you're using Objective C whereas android is Dalvik.) So even though google doesn't scrutinize each app that goes into the android market, you're pretty much guaranteed to see fewer bugs, whereas apple has to personally weed them out (as well as weeding out apps that you may find useful yet apple simply disagrees with.)

Verdict? Regardless of opinions, it is statistically proven that Android is superior.

Oh and did I also mention I can put songs on my phone using a standard usb cable and without having to install gay itunes?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-13-12, 07:05 PM   #20
Hogrider

No
As soon as you come to my house like I said and use 3 Android devices and 3 i devices I'll value your opinion. In my house, like I said, it's bs, the i devices function much better.
I have actually used these devices instead of just reading about them on the internet.

Old 04-13-12, 07:53 PM   #21
Rakeesh

Quote:
No
As soon as you come to my house like I said and use 3 Android devices and 3 i devices I'll value your opinion. In my house, like I said, it's bs, the i devices function much better.
I have actually used these devices instead of just reading about them on the internet.
Look, I'm sure if most android users let meths mom and rogozhin use their smartphones as sex toys as you do, then they would probably crash a little more.

But for now, the fact remains that the android API is a superior design when it comes to fault tolerance, there's no dancing around that fact.

Old 04-13-12, 08:17 PM   #22
Hogrider

In my home Android crashes way more. That's the facts after using the products instead of just reading about them.
I was not an Apple fan at all before but the i devices have impressed me over the much less polished and unstable Android devices. I do like my Google TV but the apps on it crash quite a bit and like I said, the i devices have had 1 app crash... once.

Android is like dancing with rogo (large foreheaded partner who every once in a while can break dance with the best of them but more often that not looks unpolished and falls a lot)and i devices are like dancing with the stars (way more polished and practiced and rarely fall but when they do the detractors makes a lot of noise about it)... there is no dancing around that fact.
Old 04-13-12, 08:29 PM   #23
Rummy

So HTC One or bash fest thread?
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 08:32 PM   #24
Rakeesh

Quote:
In my home Android crashes way more. That's the facts after using the products instead of just reading about them.
I was not an Apple fan at all before but the i devices have impressed me over the much less polished and unstable Android devices. I do like my Google TV but the apps on it crash quite a bit and like I said, the i devices have had 1 app crash... once.

Android is like dancing with rogo (large foreheaded partner who every once in a while can break dance with the best of them but more often that not looks unpolished and falls a lot)and i devices are like dancing with the stars (way more polished and practiced and rarely fall but when they do the detractors makes a lot of noise about it)... there is no dancing around that fact.
Mac users also claim that OSX never crashes and is the most secure OS. In reality though windows is superior to OSX in both departments (in fact there isn't any one area where OSX does a better job than windows.) They also claim that macs have the best quality hardware, when Asus and Lenovo both beat Apple in terms of hardware design and quality control.

Apple users just have special goggles