Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-13-12, 08:37 PM   #25
Hogrider

Default Re: HTC One XL

I don't use Macs so I won't comment about them, plus I don't care about them.

Sometimes actually using something is a better judge of something than merely reading about it. I have used the devices I am talking about, not just read about them, and the Android devices crash a lot more.

It's like reading this forum and seeing all the comments about how Bob is great as a sex toy then you take him to dinner and get him home and he is no better than the blow up doll of Darth Beavis. You just have to experience it to get the full truth...

Disclaimer: No actual Bobs or Darth Beavis blow up dolls were used or hurt in this post. Any gay comments were coincidental and not intended. All rights reserved.
Old 04-13-12, 08:57 PM   #26
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Anyone else excited about this beast of a device? Fasted CPU on a smartphone with an amazing camera and screen. I so can't wait to get one!
So do you swap out phones a lot? Just curious cause you just stated you got a Lumia like 2 weeks ago.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 09:28 PM   #27
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
So do you swap out phones a lot? Just curious cause you just stated you got a Lumia like 2 weeks ago.
Pretty much. I get a new phone like every month... My personal phone changes far less often though, about every 3 months.
Old 04-13-12, 09:29 PM   #28
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

*Editted out because |ManDinGo| posted before I could*. If I ever choose a new phone I'd probably ask |MaGGy|.

As for Hog and Android crashing. At work we are rolling out a selection of Samsung and Apple tablets and the Android tablets crash way more and these are pretty stock devices taken out the box and the only really used is the browser and email, but they are cheap and that's important when these are being used for field work in simple cases and no screen protectors.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 09:32 PM   #29
Hogrider

How dare you question statistics and internet talk Crainger. You are dancing around the issue by actually having experience with the devices, please stop using them and read more internets so you will know better about them that way. Down with user experience!

Old 04-13-12, 09:47 PM   #30
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
The Dual Core model has outpaced the Quad Core model on almost every benchmark. The X also lacks LTE connectivity due to Tegra 3 being incompatible.
Hmm seems the One XL is only available in USA, didn't realise it had the more advanced processor...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 11:14 PM   #31
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
How dare you question statistics and internet talk Crainger. You are dancing around the issue by actually having experience with the devices, please stop using them and read more internets so you will know better about them that way. Down with user experience!

Well I can do the anecdotal evidence game too

http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.p...3&cid=38934439
http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.p...3&cid=38936125
http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.p...3&cid=38934705

I like this one: http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.p...3&cid=38939161

Quote:
I have an iPhone, and occasionally the f*cking Phone app crashes. You know, the one that makes and receives phone calls? Crashing? One would think that should be the most reliable part of the phone, yet there you have it.
I've never had that one happen on android

http://apple.slashdot.org/comments.p...3&cid=38936477

There are a ton more but I think you get the point.

In any case, you probably have iOS apps crash all the time, however apple tends to hide when they crash. On android you get the prompt asking you to force close or to wait. On iOS the app just quits. One second you were using it, next second it's just gone. Sometimes apps in the background just crash and you don't even realize anything went wrong. When they crash on android though, you always know about it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 03:18 AM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:

You're right. Forget the fact you can dig up almost anything on the internet to support your crusade, and the fact the squeaky wheels always make the most noise. After reading more internets I've decided to get rid of my iphone. When I typed in http://worstphoneever.com/ it told me the iPhone was the worst phone ever. All those numbers and percentages clearly mean business.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-12, 03:55 AM   #33
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post

In any case, you probably have iOS apps crash all the time, however apple tends to hide when they crash. On android you get the prompt asking you to force close or to wait. On iOS the app just quits. One second you were using it, next second it's just gone. Sometimes apps in the background just crash and you don't even realize anything went wrong. When they crash on android though, you always know about it.
Uhhh. I think I would know if the app just quit. Apple is trying to hide it? You're really stretching it now.

You can dig up all the internets you want but the fact is I have actually used the devices and still do use an Android device and 3 i devices. The one Android device I do still use crashes way more than the 3 i devices we have now.
Old 04-14-12, 11:20 AM   #34
ViN86

Quote:
Sometimes actually using something is a better judge of something than merely reading about it. I have used the devices I am talking about, not just read about them, and the Android devices crash a lot more.
What's the last version of Android you used? Froyo?

That's like telling us Windows 7 sucks because you had issues in Windows XP.

This isn't really the thread for it but I'm curious which apps were most prone to crash. On my Droid X, I never really had crashing issues, but I did have issues with slowdowns, which were due to aggressive RAM settings by Motorola. I was able to correct those though with a minor tweak.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 11:45 AM   #35
Zelda_fan

lol I've never had a problem with iPhone apps crashing.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 11:47 AM   #36
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Your points basically come down to "yeah that phone is better, but who cares because I don't want those better things."
Not really. I don't want a bigger bulkier screen.

And the app store destroys android marketplace - arguably the biggest reason to own an iphone.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote