Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-14-12, 07:36 PM   #49
ViN86

Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Everyone who derailed this thread.

Sorry, just felt like putting that here . . . .
Haha yea.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 09:40 PM   #50
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Not really. I don't want a bigger bulkier screen.
I'd rather have phone with a big screen rather than a big bezel.

Quote:
And the app store destroys android marketplace
According to what metric?

Quote:
Right... Apple's market share just keeps growing and growing because they release **** products that crash all the time.
LOL I don't know where you get your figures from, but Apple's market share has stopped increasing. Androids is still increasing rapidly though, not to mention that Android already has a MUCH larger market share than Apple, whereas Apple used to have a larger market share.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/14/s...os-was-static/

Quote:
People's who own the competition's device always get butt hurt when their company loses market share. It's ok. You'll come around eventually.
Dude you're pretty naive.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 11:03 PM   #51
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I'd rather have phone with a big screen rather than a big bezel.

According to what metric?

LOL I don't know where you get your figures from, but Apple's market share has stopped increasing. Androids is still increasing rapidly though, not to mention that Android already has a MUCH larger market share than Apple, whereas Apple used to have a larger market share.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/14/s...os-was-static/

Dude you're pretty naive.
Ahhh... whoever wrote that chart was smoking crack:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...g-Android.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-i...ne-flat-2012-3

In the last three months the iPhone was responsible for 43% of sales (up from 32%). Android sales were dead in the water.

Also, considering that iOS represents ONE mobile devices (aka iPhone) and Android OS represents over 100 mobile devices, the recent surge is all the more impressive.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 12:34 AM   #52
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'd take all that stuff with a grain of salt. Most of the time iOS vs. Android articles are pure click bait. They take the article template, drum up their numbers, probably influenced by their personal preference at the time, click publish and tweet it. Before you know it fanboys world wide are foaming at the mouth driving up traffic.

Fanboys like this. Assuming he can use Twitter for more than telling us all how Steve Jobs invented the personal computer and how surprised he was that the Titanic was a real ship that sank.

crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 12:50 AM   #53
Roadhog
Resident Alien

ITT: Hipster fanboys.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:09 AM   #54
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Fanboys like this. Assuming he can use Twitter for more than telling us all how Steve Jobs invented the personal computer and how surprised he was that the Titanic was a real ship that sank.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:29 AM   #55
Rakeesh

Quote:
Ahhh... whoever wrote that chart was smoking crack
That's engadget, they have a record of being much more knowledgeable about anything tech than general news sites.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-15-12, 01:12 PM   #56
Logical

**** sake another thread ruined by clueless fanboys....WTF are apple kids doin in a HTC one XL thread anyway....Right .... Trolling twats **** off!!!

Pardon my french, but it really iritates me to see such doubt in there own kiddy devices that they have to thread hijack anything to do with Android. You want a ios v Android battle go and create a thread for it if any of you are childish enough...

Rant over.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-12, 01:18 PM   #57
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
**** sake another thread ruined by clueless fanboys....WTF are apple kids doin in a HTC one XL thread anyway....Right .... Trolling twats **** off!!!

Pardon my french, but it really iritates me to see such doubt in there own kiddy devices that they have to thread hijack anything to do with Android. You want a ios v Android battle go and create a thread for it if any of you are childish enough...

Rant over.
They were trolling this thread before it was cool.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:20 PM   #58
Rakeesh

I don't know, apple fans are so insecure over their love of apple iphones and macs that they have to come into every android and windows thread and bash it.

Android will do to iphone what windows did to macintosh. It's inevitable. Apple fans forget that microsoft won that war because windows was more open to whatever implementation you wanted to run it on. Iphone has that same limitation. The only reason people use macs today is for novelty.

Old 04-15-12, 01:48 PM   #59
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post

Rant over.
If you get this upset over a derailed thread you should re evaluate your life.
Old 04-15-12, 01:54 PM   #60
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I don't know, apple fans are so insecure over their love of apple iphones and macs that they have to come into every android and windows thread and bash it.

Android will do to iphone what windows did to macintosh. It's inevitable. Apple fans forget that microsoft won that war because windows was more open to whatever implementation you wanted to run it on. Iphone has that same limitation. The only reason people use macs today is for novelty.
Keep dreaming. In the last quarter Apple sold more iPhones than all android phones combined:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...-in-q4-report/

oh and that chart you posted is about six months old. That's why the numbers disagree with every article out there on the internet.

"Open source" and "open implementation" isn't something most people give a crap about. They just want it to work. People use macs because they work. Particularly the phone and the tablet.