Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-12, 08:45 PM   #109
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Ok, but that's not what your previous posts implied one bit. I even said EXACTLY what you just said in a previous post and you disagreed with me and spewed some BS.
I'll agree to disagree. Maybe I'm not speaking my mind clearly enough when writing posts.

iOS and the iPhone work way better than Android has for me and that's my preference.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 08:49 PM   #110
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I'll agree to disagree. Maybe I'm not speaking my mind clearly enough when writing posts.

iOS and the iPhone work way better than Android has for me and that's my preference.
bravo, that wasn't so hard now was it.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 08:54 PM   #111
six_storm

Quote:
bravo, that wasn't so hard now was it.
Glad to please the Internet.
Old 04-15-12, 09:19 PM   #112
Rakeesh

Quote:
BTW, I'd challenge Zelda_fan, six_storm, and crainger to watch those videos and still claim iOS is better.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 09:30 PM   #113
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I will when you buy and ship me a HTC One X kthnx. ::

Which is what this thread is really about.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 09:35 PM   #114
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
BTW, I'd challenge Zelda_fan, six_storm, and crainger to watch those videos and still claim iOS is better.
I watched most of them. It all comes down to personal opinion and preference. I still prefer iOS and still think its the best mobile OS for me. Nuff said.
Old 04-16-12, 01:11 AM   #115
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Its past tense you fool because its talking about the fiscal quarter that ended before the article was written/posted you twit.

Let me explain what the article is saying. During the months of Oct, Nov and Dec, the iPhone accounted for 44.5% of all smartphones sold while at that time android accounted for 46.9%.

So in regards to your comment that "In the last quarter Apple sold more iPhones than all android phones combined" you are wrong. Your own article states at that time (past tense since last quarter is in the past) it was outsold by Android.
THEN WHY IS THE ARTICLE TITLED "Apple iPhone more popular than all Android smartphones in US combined in Q4"

Just admit you're wrong for once in your life....
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 01:48 AM   #116
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Just watched the video. ALL OF IT even thought about midway thought I was thinking to myself "what a crock of ****."

Back when I was a kid, I used to swap out my video card all the time, tweak my CPU, customize Windows out the wazoo, and install all kinds of custom apps, and snicker to myself about how great my rig was while all those other suckers were buying dells and macs and paying 2x as much.

Then I grew up, got a life, got a woman, got a career, and all of a sudden I didn't have all this free time on my hands. I needed things to work out of the box and not waste hours of my time setting it up. I don't want a customized OS. I don't want customized ring-tones. I don't want to use "dolphin" to browse the web. I want the browser that comes with the phone, and I want it to work out of the box. iPhone does that.

I use my phone for the following applications:

-Making phone calls
-Texting
-Checking eMail
-Managing my schedule
-Google searches for various words
-Getting directions via Google Maps
-Listening to Music
-Taking Pictures
-Checking the Weather

-Checking my financial information
-Buying and selling stocks
-Facebook
-Looking at restaurant reviews on Yelp
-Using "Shazam" to figure out a song that I like
-Ordering takeout food through SeamlessWeb
-Controlling my home stereo system with the "Remote" app
-Checking NBA scores

THAT'S IT. Period. End of story. End of sentence. I don't play games, I don't do anything else with it, and I don't want to do anything else with it. The iPhone will do that first list flawlessly out of the box. Never had any complaints whatsoever. The second list requires apps from the app store that take all of 10 minutes (cumulative not individually) to download and setup.

It just works. It fits my life. I don't give a rats butt crack about all the "customization" that android gives you. Maybe it's an age thing. Maybe it's a lifestyle thing. I just want the phone to work out of the box. Android doesn't do that. You have to tinker with it constantly and spend time maintaining it. It just isn't for me. I'm more concerned with getting actual work done than I am with goofing off on my phone.

Old 04-16-12, 02:10 AM   #117
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
THEN WHY IS THE ARTICLE TITLED "Apple iPhone more popular than all Android smartphones in US combined in Q4"
Probably because they screwed up.

Quote:
It just works. It fits my life. I don't give a rats butt crack about all the "customization" that android gives you.
You didn't watch the video (either that or you didn't pay attention.) More than half of what you described is done much more efficiently on android without making any customizations at all.

Take how you mention email for example. On android you can actually download and view attachments for virtually every file out there (even without being online.) Can't do that with iphone. Let's not even get into the email notification system or organization or far more comprehensive contacts system.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 05:30 AM   #118
six_storm

Zelda, don't even waste your time with this guy. In his world, he is right no matter what anyone says. Too bad we can't agree to disagree like adults.
Old 04-16-12, 08:03 AM   #119
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Probably because they screwed up.
So any article that disagrees with what you're saying "must be a screw up." lol. You kill me.

Quote:
You didn't watch the video (either that or you didn't pay attention.) More than half of what you described is done much more efficiently on android without making any customizations at all.

Take how you mention email for example. On android you can actually download and view attachments for virtually every file out there (even without being online.) Can't do that with iphone. Let's not even get into the email notification system or organization or far more comprehensive contacts system.
Rakeesh, I know you're an ass who will never admit he's wrong, but since I enjoy shooting your arguments down flat, I'll go ahead and play your little game.

The only attachments I ever open (or receive for that matter) are doc, pdf, images, and once in a while an excel file. iPhone can view all of these just fine. (And I just view them. I'm not interested in editing a pdf on my mobile device. The notion of doing that on a 3.5in screen is retarded) Once again, it just works. Right out of the box. Another example of "added functionality" on the Android that is completely useless overhead that I don't need, nor want. WTF are you trying to do edit an autocad file on your mobile phone?

Push email notification works just fine for me. I get an email and BAM I know about it. I really don't need anything more complex than that.

Not sure what your grip about "contacts" is either. It works just fine for me.
Old 04-16-12, 08:21 AM   #120
ViN86

Quote:
Rakeesh, I know you're an ass who will never admit he's wrong, but since I enjoy shooting your arguments down flat
I'm still waiting. The only things I heard from you I also heard in the keynote addresses.

And you guys keep falling back to the "it just works" argument. The fact that you continue to push this demonstrates how you both know nothing about Android phones.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote