Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-16-12, 04:16 PM   #133
Logical

Default Re: HTC One XL

Lol My friend who has just today got his HTC one X came round earlier....whilst my other friendwith his iphone 4s was already here, imagine my excitement when i had both devices in each of my hands....

HTC one X destroys iphone 4s and its as simple as that. The one X screen is even better than the iphone 4s colours are more vibrant and everything looks as though it is twice the resolution of that of the iphone....My friend with the iphone left here feeling albeit a little depressed....Oh and the camera....holy poo i never seen a camera as good on a phone anywhere....

HTC One X > IPHONE 4s easily
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 04:17 PM   #134
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
You can download and view attachments offline with the iPhone. It keeps a cache of all recently downloaded attachments.
So how about keeping a permanent copy? Especially one that you can modify and copy to your laptop at will, even over wifi no less, and sync with box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
There's also an app (that I use to have but deleted it because I never use it) that will connect to Google's email server and download attachments for use offline.
Weren't you just arguing that iphone is better because it needs less modification?

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 07:19 PM   #135
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
The main fallacy in their argument is that android has X additional feature, but they don't care because they won't use it.

The thing with these features, is most of the time you don't even use them until you have them. Once you do, using your device becomes that much more efficient.

These iphone users just sound like somebody who has a dumbphone and says "I just need a phone that makes calls and has web" not even realizing the benefits they gain from having a smartphone because they haven't even used one yet, but it's ok because their dumbphone "just works".
The dumb thing is you forget that some people have actually used both ios and Android and some prefer ios because they like it better. Yes Android did some things the iphone can't, but I'll be honest, I sure don't miss it, I'd rather have a stable phone.
Why on Earth would you get something with features that aren't important to you? You should always get something that does what you want it to do. That's why me and my wife are finally happy with our iphones, they do just what we want.
Old 04-16-12, 08:00 PM   #136
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
The dumb thing is you forget that some people have actually used both ios and Android and some prefer ios because they like it better. Yes Android did some things the iphone can't, but I'll be honest, I sure don't miss it, I'd rather have a stable phone.
So why iOS? You see, I have facts showing android is more stable, whereas you have opinions.

Quote:
Why on Earth would you get something with features that aren't important to you? You should always get something that does what you want it to do. That's why me and my wife are finally happy with our iphones, they do just what we want.
Well I'm not the iphone fan going into an android thread trying to convince everyone that iOS is better.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-16-12, 08:06 PM   #137
Hogrider

ios is better in my opinion and of course my opinion means the most to me, especially since I've used both.

Ok I get what you are saying. People should buy things even if the features are not interesting to them because maybe some day in the not too distant future they may actually want to use the features they have no interest in. Makes sense... but I have no interest in that.

Old 04-16-12, 08:16 PM   #138
Rakeesh

Quote:
ios is better in my opinion and of course my opinion means the most to me, especially since I've used both.

Ok I get what you are saying. People should buy things even if the features are not interesting to them because maybe some day in the not too distant future they may actually want to use the features they have no interest in. Makes sense... but I have no interest in that.

Well you guys come into an android thread trying to tell us that android sucks, we show you how android destroys ios, then you guys counter by saying ios at least just does what you want it to and looks how you want it to.

I already know android is a better operating system, which is why you don't see me posting in iphone threads or ipad threads.

Old 04-16-12, 08:20 PM   #139
Hogrider

You can read internets to me all day but in my experience our iphones are much better than the Android phones we had.
Old 04-16-12, 08:23 PM   #140
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I already know android is a better operating system, which is why you don't see me posting in iphone threads or ipad threads.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=175483

Old 04-16-12, 08:30 PM   #141
Rakeesh

Quote:
Well yeah I guess, though that was mainly a rant about itunes as I just had to remove that POS from my dads laptop, and it was annoying because it stole all of the file associations which I had to fix.

Old 04-16-12, 08:31 PM   #142
Hogrider

It was an iphone thread
Old 04-16-12, 08:35 PM   #143
Rakeesh

Quote:
It was an iphone thread
Was I ranting about ios?

Though I guess it could be interpreted as that, because ios devices are nearly bricks without itunes, unlike android where everything can be done without any software at all.

Even better is you don't even have to have your phone to make changes to it either, you can just use a web browser to do anything from downloading music to your phone, installing apps to your phone, sending bookmarks to your phone, sending texts, checking your voicemail...I could go on and on.

Old 04-16-12, 08:36 PM   #144
Hogrider

Look, it's ok to like Android or ios better but some of the excuses you are coming up with rakeesh are pretty lame. iphone users are dumb because they don't care about some Android features? Really? Come on...

I simply like our iphones because they arent buggy like our Android phones were. So could newer Android phones be less buggy? Sure but I happen to like the ios operating system better after trying both. It's as simple as that. We haven't had an issue with any of our ios devices so I'm very happy with that. Sure some others might just like I had issues with our Android phones.