Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-16-12, 08:38 PM   #145
Rakeesh

Default Re: HTC One XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Look, it's ok to like Android or ios better but some of the excuses you are coming up with rakeesh are pretty lame. iphone users are dumb because they don't care about some Android features? Really? Come on...
I didn't say that, I just said they remind me of dumphone users who are afraid of smartphones.

Quote:
I simply like our iphones because they arent buggy like our Android phones were. So could newer Android phones be less buggy? Sure but I happen to like the ios operating system better after trying both. It's as simple as that. We haven't had an issue with any of our ios devices so I'm very happy with that. Sure some others might just like I had issues with our Android phones.
But again I'm not posting in an android thread trying to convince everybody else that ios is better. I mean I've yet to see an android thread that hasn't had some ios users crapping on it. ios users are really insecure about their phones.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 08:38 PM   #146
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Was I ranting about ios?

Though I guess it could be interpreted as that, because ios devices are nearly bricks without itunes, unlike android where everything can be done without any software at all.

Even better is you don't even have to have your phone to make changes to it either, you can just use a web browser to do anything from downloading music to your phone, installing apps to your phone, sending bookmarks to your phone, sending texts, checking your voicemail...I could go on and on.
Yea itunes is kind of lame having to use it but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

I don't even have any music on my phone. Why would I want to use a web browser to install apps to the phone? Just do it on the phone. I bought a phone to text but yea I can go on Sprint's site and text my wife if I forgot to bring the phone to work or I can just email her and she can email me back. I don't want to send bookmarks to my phone. Why would I want to check my voicemail via a web browser instead of the phone? I'm not that important, nobody ever calls me, we text.
Old 04-16-12, 08:45 PM   #147
Hogrider

Quote:
I didn't say that, I just said they remind me of dumphone users who are afraid of smartphones.

But again I'm not posting in an android thread trying to convince everybody else that ios is better. I mean I've yet to see an android thread that hasn't had some ios users crapping on it. ios users are really insecure about their phones.
I'm not trying to convince everyone ios is better. It is better to me and unless Mike says I can't post my opinion in here then you're just going to have to live with it.
Don't forget you crapped in an iphone thread... even though you said you never have and were proven wrong. You must really be insecure about your phone.

Stop whining, you troll all the time, so it should be right up your alley.
Old 04-16-12, 08:47 PM   #148
Rakeesh

Quote:
Why would I want to use a web browser to install apps to the phone? Just do it on the phone.
Well using a web browser on a PC is a lot easier than using a web browser on a phone. The same applies to using an app browser. Often times when I'm looking for a particular app, I'll read more in depth reviews on other websites, and switch back to the tab with the app on google's website. No need to then go look it up on the phone. Makes it easier that way.

Quote:
I bought a phone to text but yea I can go on Sprint's site and text my wife if I forgot to bring the phone to work. I don't want to send bookmarks to my phone.
Why? If you have websites that you frequent, it's easier to just send them from your desktop to your phone rather than keying in the URL by touch.

Quote:
Why would I want to check my voicemail via a web browser instead of the phone? I'm not that important, nobody ever calls me, we text.
Well when you get a lot of voicemails, it's easier to manage them using a mouse and keyboard rather than touch.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-16-12, 08:49 PM   #149
Rakeesh

Quote:
I'm not trying to convince everyone ios is better.
Bullsh*t I could dig up posts, but meh...

Quote:
It is better to me and unless Mike says I can't post my opinion in here then you're just going to have to live with it.
I'm not saying you can't post your opinion, it's just that when you try to convince everybody else that yours is better, all of your points (other than "it has polish") are shot down, then you counter with "well it's better to me..." .... you get the picture

Quote:
Don't forget you crapped in an iphone thread... even though you said you never have and were proven wrong.
Well, sort of.

Quote:
Stop whining, you troll all the time, so it should be right up your alley.
Well of course I'm a troll, the difference is I'm good at it

Old 04-16-12, 08:51 PM   #150
Hogrider

Quote:
Well using a web browser on a PC is a lot easier than using a web browser on a phone. The same applies to using an app browser. Often times when I'm looking for a particular app, I'll read more in depth reviews on other websites, and switch back to the tab with the app on google's website. No need to then go look it up on the phone. Makes it easier that way.
But I thought you had such a huge screen compared to us lowly iphone users, yet you can't use the app store on it? Damn, when I had an Android phone even I was able to do that. You need to practice.

Quote:
Why? If you have websites that you frequent, it's easier to just send them from your desktop to your phone rather than keying in the URL by touch.
Not interested in that at all. I rarely surf the web on my phone, like you said in your first post, a computer is easier to use for that so I use my computer.

Quote:
Well when you get a lot of voicemails, it's easier to manage them using a mouse and keyboard rather than touch.
I don't get a lot of voicemails, in fact I haven't got one yet.
Old 04-16-12, 08:53 PM   #151
Rakeesh

Quote:
But I thought you had such a huge screen compared to us lowly iphone users, yet you can't use the app store on it? Damn, when I had an Android phone even I was able to do that. You need to practice.
I never said you can't, just that when you're hunting for apps and you want more opinions than what you just find in the mini reviews it's easier to poke around on a PC.

Quote:
Not interested in that at all. I arrely surf the web on my phone, like you sdaid in your first post, a computer is easier to use for that so I use my computer.
But when you do surf on the phone it's easier to do so with your bookmarks ready.

Quote:
I don't get a lot of voicemails, in fact I haven't got one yet.
I like how when android does something iphone doesn't, iphone users are always like "I don't use that feature"

How about quickly turning wifi or 4g on/off from your homescreen without having to go deeply into menus? Apple intentionally killed an app that provided that functionality. Guess you iphone users wouldn't care since you don't get 4g

Old 04-16-12, 08:54 PM   #152
Hogrider

Quote:

Well of course I'm a troll, the difference is I'm good at it
If I'm no good at it then why are you getting all spun up and whining about me posting here?

Old 04-16-12, 08:57 PM   #153
Rakeesh

Quote:
If I'm no good at it then why are you getting all spun up and whining about me posting here?
Since when was I whining? One trait of being a good troll is being able to shut down other trolls. My comments did a pretty good job of that

Old 04-16-12, 09:01 PM   #154
Hogrider

Actually I'm still posting so you didn't shut me down.
You started whining about me and others posting in this thread, yet when you tried to troll that iphone thread (which you lied about earlier and said you never have) no one got all butt hurt with you. Troll fail.
Old 04-16-12, 09:03 PM   #155
Rakeesh

Quote:
Actually I'm still posting so you didn't shut me down.
Didn't I? How come you and the other ios guys haven't done anything to show how your ios is superior in the last few pages? All I've seen from you guys is "I don't need that feature, but mine has polish"

In case you didn't notice, those videos debunked the polish as well, mainly by showing how ios apps are so inconsistent in operation compared to android.

Old 04-16-12, 09:08 PM   #156
Hogrider

I already have showed why I think ios is better in my opinion, you just don't want to listen. Your problem not mine.

Like I said before (and you didn't listen again) you can read internets to me all day but in my experience our iphones are much better than the Android phones we had. No buggy behavior with our iphones, and smooth operating.

All I've heard from you is ios users are basically dumb because they don't want features that you want, and you read on the internets that Android was better.
Neither one is exactly right or wrong. It is up to the individual. I as an individual think ios is better, you think Android is and that's fine. Just don't come up with lame excuses like you have been and you may be taken seriously... oh yea and how about actually using both to get an opinion instead of just reading the internets.