Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-17-12, 11:11 PM   #181
Hogrider

Default Re: HTC One XL

Uh yes you do.

Now with T Mobile you were supposed to pay extra for that service but the idiots still let you turn it on and I don't believe they had any way to tell if you did or not at the time I used it. I only used it once on vacation so my wife could get internet access on her ipad while we were on the road. I didn't get charged but they may have solved that now. Anyways you were supposed to pay.

With Sprint it won't allow you to turn it on until you set it up by calling them or going to their website first. It's $30 a month so needless to say I won't pay that. We would use it maybe once a year on vacation. Someone said you could use it for $1 a day which I might if it's true.

You must be reading the same internets as Rakeesh.
Old 04-17-12, 11:15 PM   #182
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Uh yes you do.

Now with T Mobile you were supposed to pay extra for that service but the idiots still let you turn it on and I don't believe they had any way to tell if you did ort not at the time I used it. I only used it once on vacation so my wife could get internet access on her ipad while we were on the road.

With Sprint it won't allow you to turn it on until you set it up by calling them or going to their website first.

You must be reading the same internets as Rakeesh.
You don't have to pay for tethering with an android phone running ICS. No wonder you need a basic phone, you can't figure out the simplest tasks.

Not my fault your ****ty carrier probably had a custom rom on your phone that disabled the feature.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 11:20 PM   #183
Hogrider

You're an idiot. T Mobile and Sprint charge you. Go to their website and read it for yourself instead of reading the dumb internets like you have been

Like I said I did have it turned on and T Mobile didn't charge me because they didn't have a way to enforce their charges at the time. So yea moron I did figure out how to turn it on. The fact remains you are supposed to pay for it so you were proven wrong. Stop giving out bogus information.
Old 04-17-12, 11:25 PM   #184
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
You're an idiot. T Mobile and Sprint charge you. Go to their website and read it for yourself instead of reading the dumb internets like you have been

Like I said I did have it turned on and T Mobile didn't charge me because they didn't have a way to enforce their charges at the time. So yea moron I did figure out how to turn it on. The fact remains you are suppossed to pay for it sdo you were proven wrong and you were giving out bogus information.
Did you read the last part of my post? The ****ty carrier that disables the feature part... Guess not. Should get a less crap carrier that allows you to use your phone.
Old 04-17-12, 11:29 PM   #185
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Did you read the last part of my post? The ****ty carrier that disables the feature part... Guess not. Should get a less crap carrier that allows you to use your phone.
Did you read your own posts?
Quote:
lol wut... You go to settings and turn on wifi hotspot. You don't have to pay for anything.
Quote:
You don't have to pay for tethering with an android phone running ICS.
You are supposed to pay for it on Sprint and T Mobile so you were giving out bogus information. Stop it, it makes you look like a moron. They are not disabling tethering, they are charging you for using it, just like I stated in the beginning where you tried to say I was wrong. Idiot.
Old 04-17-12, 11:39 PM   #186
Hogrider

Just looked on AT&T site and you have to pay more for another plan to use tethering through them too. Verizon is probably the same way but I'm done looking and proving your ignorance.
Old 04-17-12, 11:57 PM   #187
Roadhog
Resident Alien

If that's true then all carriers suck for blocking a feature the phone ships with. I bet you feel good for proving something. Now you can say you accomplished something today.
Old 04-18-12, 12:02 AM   #188
Hogrider

Yep it cracks me the hell up actually.

Old 04-18-12, 12:04 AM   #189
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Yep it cracks me the hell up actually.
I'm glad you get off on trolling an internet forum.
Old 04-18-12, 12:06 AM   #190
Hogrider

If trolling is setting a moron straight about something they are giving out bogus information on then I'm guilty as charged.

By the way what carrier do you use and are you using tethering? I wonder if you are paying for it and you don't even realize it. I guess I would be upset too if that was me.
Old 04-18-12, 12:16 AM   #191
Hogrider

Oh yea just checked and Verizon charges for tethering too.
Old 04-18-12, 12:21 AM   #192
Rakeesh

Quote:
You don't have to pay for it, just download a wifi tether app from the market. It's against sprint's TOS but they can't tell anyways, I've been doing it for years.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote