Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-17-12, 09:52 PM   #13
Hogrider

Default Re: Finally dropped our Android phones for iphone 4s

It would be worth it to me to pay $25 to upgrade all the music I have on my computer. None of my stuff is at 256Kbps. Most of it was from Napster and Audio Galaxy downloads back before they started shutting them down. My connection wasn't that great so I went for the 128Kbps downloads so it wouldn't take forever.
I don't care about cloud storage at all, it would be an added benefit. I just want upgraded and properly tagged music.
Old 04-17-12, 09:56 PM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
It would be worth it to me to pay $25 to upgrade all the music I have on my computer. None of my stuff is at 256Kbps. Most of it was from Napster and Audio Galaxy downloads back before they started shutting them down. My connection wasn't that great so I went for the 128Kbps downloads so it wouldn't take forever.
I don't care about cloud storage at all, it would be an added benefit. I just want upgraded and properly tagged music.
Gotcha.

For proper tagging too, nothing beats MP3Tag: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

With that you can grab the album covers and tracks from Amazon, too.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 10:13 PM   #15
Q

That tool is awesome and I've used that with BulkRenameUtility for years.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 04:41 AM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I was thinking about trying match for a year. The nice thing is it lets you keep the iTunes version of the songs that you downloaded prior to the subscription expiring. I guess they couldn't stop you anyway as it's all DRM free now.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 05:52 AM   #17
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I bought the "Gmusic" app a few days ago for streaming Google Play via 3G. It sucks. I have no idea why it can't stream one song all the way through, yet I can stream 192k radio streams from the Netherlands solid for an hour commute. Oh well my library of music sucks anyway lol. Internet radio ftw.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 06:17 AM   #18
Logical

Title of this thread is so humerous as i did the exact opposite...Saw the light and got rid of iphone for Android....Will never look back now my world of smartphones has been fully opened.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 07:03 AM   #19
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
**** sake another thread ruined by clueless fanboys....WTF are Android kids doin in a iphone thread anyway....Right .... Trolling twats **** off!!!

Pardon my french, but it really iritates me to see such doubt in there own kiddy devices that they have to thread hijack anything to do with iphone. You want a ios v Android battle go and create a thread for it if any of you are childish enough...

Old 04-18-12, 08:26 AM   #20
Logical

Did you actually think you could get away with trolling a thread and not expect you own to get trolled....Silly boy. You have took the bait hook line and sinker....

Old 04-18-12, 09:53 AM   #21
Hogrider

The difference is I'm not whining about it like you and others did. You can post about Android all day in here if you like. I'm secure in my decisions and likes to not start raising hell about someone with different views posting in the same thread like you did.
Old 04-18-12, 11:47 AM   #22
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
The difference is I'm not whining about it like you and others did. You can post about Android all day in here if you like. I'm secure in my decisions and likes to not start raising hell about someone with different views posting in the same thread like you did.
If your so secure about your purchase of the iphone then why do you persist on trolling android threads and creating threads with titles to get up the noses of android users in mind ?

I have seen your trolling in the other thread, you must have a lot of time on your hands ?!? Anyway, i on the other hand dont have time to participate in your silly trolling games...

Good luck with your downgrade...
Old 04-18-12, 06:02 PM   #23
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Hi there.

iTunes match did a stellar job of recognizing songs. It even saw duplicates from greatest hits albums if I had the original album. 100% worth $25 a year... and ask sixstorm how reluctantly I spend money.

I like that if i'm on my mac at work i can make a playlist of songs and bam, its on my phone when i leave. no cords, no hassle. same thing for music. i work at a library and i f there is a CD here I like, rip it to itunes, and bam, its on my phone.

I'll gladly pay $25 a year for convenience. And yes, it upgrades the quality of your music if it's a low quality track.

and you're right, i like my phone alot. it's a great tool that does what i want everytime i power it up. and Siri kicks ass.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 06:44 PM   #24
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
And yes, it upgrades the quality of your music if it's a low quality track.
How does it do that? Does it download a higher quality track?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote