Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-10-12, 07:37 PM   #13
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Just got my extended battery. I don't know why they include another back door, it's essentially the same. It seems like the phone should have shipped with this extended life battery. It's slightly thicker than the original, but not enough to notice.

I'll see how it does after a full charge and full day of use.
Ive had a aftermarket battery in for some time now, Paid 10 for a 3800mAh one from eBay, Ive noticed a massive, Massive improvement in battery life(far exceeds my expectations for 10). I'm able to turn the screen brightness up too something that really shows of the beautiful screen in all its glory, I have WiFi, 3G & all 3 Location Services(GPS)running 24/7, I have the screen sleep time now set too 1 min instead of 15 secs ... I can really give this phone some stick, I can brown the net, Use app and play some games at work on my breaks and still get 2 days from it!

Before on the stock battery with WiFi off, screen brightness all the way down, All 3 Location Services(GPS) off & Screen sleep time to 15 secs with light usage i was lucky to last the day.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 03:07 PM   #14
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

I've played around with this phone on several occasions and I'm just not impressed. Don't think the gpu is strong enough to keep the entire experience fluid.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 03:16 PM   #15
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I've played around with this phone on several occasions and I'm just not impressed. Don't think the gpu is strong enough to keep the entire experience fluid.
I've owned it for two weeks and I haven't had one complaint, besides Verizon's ****ty LTE coverage in my area.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 03:18 PM   #16
Maverick123w

Quote:
I've owned it for two weeks and I haven't had one complaint, besides Verizon's ****ty LTE coverage in my area.
Glad you like it. I was really excited for this phone, but I think I've been spoiled by having a smooth OS.
Old 04-18-12, 03:21 PM   #17
Rakeesh

I'm thinking about ditching my Evo 3D in favor of this phone on the 20th when it becomes available for sprint. I'm just tired of HTC Sense.

I've heard samsung phones tend to have weak GPS though. Any problems to report? (Not just with GPS, but anything at all.)

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 08:23 PM   #18
Hogrider

Well I don't know about any other Samsung phones but the Galaxy S Vibrant I had sucked hard in regards to GPS. I am guessing they had to have fixed it in newer models though or they wouldn't have sold many with as craptastic as it was.
Old 04-18-12, 08:54 PM   #19
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I'm thinking about ditching my Evo 3D in favor of this phone on the 20th when it becomes available for sprint. I'm just tired of HTC Sense.

I've heard samsung phones tend to have weak GPS though. Any problems to report? (Not just with GPS, but anything at all.)
I think the gps problems was more or less a Galaxy S 1 issue.
Old 04-18-12, 10:03 PM   #20
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I think the gps problems was more or less a Galaxy S 1 issue.
The samsung epic, moment, and vibrant all had GPS issues. I'm guessing others may have as well.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 04-18-12, 10:13 PM   #21
Hogrider

The Epic (Sprint) and Vibrant (T Mobile) were both Galaxy S (1st edition) and were pretty much the same phone, just a few differences.
I believe the Samsung Moment came before both of those.

Hopefully Samsung got their crap together. Just read the internets and see.
Old 04-18-12, 10:22 PM   #22
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post

I'll test out the GPS on my trip from Boston to Albany this weekend and get back to you. As for hardware and speed, the thing hums along. It's very capable of handling every task you throw at it.

There have been some complaints about weak 4G (other phones get 1-2 bars while the Nexus in the same spot may get 0-1 bar), although only some people are reporting this issue, others say it's fine, so I think it has something to do with the network.

For me, in my room I get crap 4G and the 3G/4G switching kills the battery (on all phones). I was across the river in the city on Monday and I had full 4G signal and the battery life was good (since it wasn't switching).

Words of advice if you get one are to buy the extended battery ($30 on Amazon) and before you load any of your apps, unlock and root the device using this tool: http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...t-toolkit.html The unlock is required to root, and unlocking does a factory reset, so do it before you set up your device.

It's an awesome phone. It's a Google phone so you don't get the **** loaded on there and you don't have to deal with crap from manufacturers. Just Android good-ness.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 10:24 PM   #23
Rakeesh

Well then again the Nexus line of phones all have google's hand in their design, and thus get the "pure google" builds:

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

So far I'm not aware of any design flaws in the nexus line.

Old 04-18-12, 10:25 PM   #24
Rakeesh

Quote:
Words of advice if you get one are to buy the extended battery ($30 on Amazon) and before you load any of your apps, unlock and root the device using this tool: http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...t-toolkit.html It's required to unlock to root, and unlocking does a factory reset so do it before you set up your device.
From what I understand, on all nexus phones you simply issue a "fastboot oem unlock" command through ADB.