Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-12, 03:08 PM   #37
Hogrider

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I am a strong believer of being able to do what you want with a device if you paid for it. This doesn't mean being able to do whatever you want with the OS. That's a license you get for use. But the hardware is yours and you should be able to load whatever software you want on it.

When manufacturers lock devices they dictate what you can do with your hardware. That's not right imo.
Yea I don't like them disabling hardware features either, that's why I hated Verizon disabling usb connections on my wife's Motorola Razr phone so you couldn't put mp3s on it and have to use their service to buy MP3s through. I hacked it and enabled that feature.
That's another reason why I like our iphones they work just how we want them out of the box and they didn't have any bloatware on them, unlike the Android phones we had.
Old 04-19-12, 03:10 PM   #38
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Is there a logical reason for saying "we don't want you to have wireless sync, although the software to have it exists, we just don't want you to have it."?
Not sure what you are talking about, we can sync our iphones wirelessly.
Since you like to read the internets you can educate yourself here http://www.pcworld.com/article/24224..._in_ios_5.html
Old 04-19-12, 03:20 PM   #39
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Yea I don't like them disabling hardware features either, that's why I hated Verizon disabling usb connections on my wife's Motorola Razr phone so you couldn't put mp3s on it and have to use their service to buy MP3s through. I hacked it and enabled that feature.
That's another reason why I like our iphones they work just how we want them out of the box and they didn't have any bloatware on them, unlike the Android phones we had.
I assume you mean the original Razr? That phone ran a proprietray OS, not Android. Android allows you to put any file on the storage via Windows Explorer, unlike iOS. iOS severely restricts your hardware capabilities in terms of file transfer and sharing. Also, Nexus phones have no bloatware and get updates directly from Google.

Do you realize yet that OEM's are typically the ones that screw up Android phones? I can't tell if you've deduced that yet from what I've said lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 04:08 PM   #40
Rakeesh

Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about, we can sync our iphones wirelessly.
I know you can. However when somebody first created an app to allow that a year before apple finally added it, apple said no. Why would they do that?

But that's just one example. Apple does this all the time. Whenever they do this, you iphone users say "well, I don't need that" then when apple adds it, suddenly you find you need it.

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/0...sync-developer

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 04:31 PM   #41
Hogrider

Yes I meant the old Motorola Razr. Yes I know the phone makers screw up phones, trust me, I'll probably never buy another Samsung phone after the experience I had with their Android phone.
I haven't found a restriction on my iphone that would be a showstopper for me. Sure it would be nice to plug it in and use it like a usb drive instead of using itunes but not that big a deal to me.

Rakeesh, I don't even sync my phone anyways so syncing is no big deal to me.

Not sure why you can't understand that some features that you like, others don't care about. It's almost like you get upset that others say they don't need, use or care about features that you rave about. Relax.
Old 04-19-12, 04:38 PM   #42
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
That bloatware boggles the mind.

it's like buying an HP from best buy. wtf
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 06:08 PM   #43
Rakeesh

Quote:
Rakeesh, I don't even sync my phone anyways so syncing is no big deal to me.

Not sure why you can't understand that some features that you like, others don't care about. It's almost like you get upset that others say they don't need, use or care about features that you rave about. Relax.
You remind me of Mac users who said they didn't care about alt-tab. The thing is, you don't even know what you're missing if you've never had it.

Anyways, simpletons don't upset me.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk 2

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 06:34 PM   #44
Hogrider

Except, I'm not a Mac user so that doesn't fit into your stereotype.... I think that's why I get under your skin

The problem with your statement is I did have an Android phone so yes I know what I'm missing and umm good riddance!

Old 04-19-12, 06:36 PM   #45
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
That bloatware boggles the mind.

it's like buying an HP from best buy. wtf
But at least you can uninstall almost every bit of crap off those computers, unlike the Android phones we had, you were stuck with the junk they put on it.
Old 04-19-12, 06:46 PM   #46
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
But at least you can uninstall almost every bit of crap off those computers, unlike the Android phones we had, you were stuck with the junk they put on it.
Or you could just flash a vanilla android rom and never have to worry about it again.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 06:59 PM   #47
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Or you could just flash a vanilla android rom and never have to worry about it again.
I like chocolate though.

No need to flash any flavored roms with our iphones, there was no bloatware on them.
Old 04-19-12, 08:07 PM   #48
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Nah man, that requires "reading the Internets". **** that.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote