Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-04-02, 11:32 PM   #1
HunterA3

Question UT 2003 single player setup error

I tried as both a standard user and as root to create a player profile for a single player match and when I click on the create profile button on the screen, the game crashes back to desktop and I get the following error in the console:
----------------------------------------------------------

Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display "0:0".

Backtrace:
[ 1] /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x40d64e55]
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting

----------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is a graphics card issue or no, but does anybody have any ideas on how to correct this?
HunterA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-02, 11:45 PM   #2
volt

wait...did they full linux version of ut2k3 already ?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-02, 12:25 AM   #3
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
wait...did they full linux version of ut2k3 already ?
it's on the BonusCD...

do you have the right monitor installed, maybe recompile your drivers again...any other 3D games work?
Old 10-05-02, 04:22 AM   #4
HunterA3

As best I can tell, UT GOTY (first version) and Return to Castle Wolfenstein GOTY work fine. It's just when I try to create a single player profile in UT 2K3 that the game crashes. As for the monitor, X had originally set my monitor up as a plugn and play monitor. I manually set it to a Viewsonic A90. Think that may have something to do with it?
Old 10-05-02, 06:47 AM   #5
Thunderbird

Hunter tell a bit more about your system. (what distro, versions of packages ..)

The real crash is in libpthread.so perhaps you use an outdated version of it?

That missing extension error is not bad. Only people that use a commercial Xserver from Xig have that extension.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-02, 04:17 PM   #6
HunterA3

I'm using the download version of Mandrake 9.0 and the latest drivers from nvidia for my geforce 3 ti 500 video card. I did have a difficult time installing the drivers because the source rpm would not rebuild and the tar file had a boat load of errors until I did a make clean before the make install
Old 10-07-02, 12:14 AM   #7
HunterA3

apparently it's not a graphics issue as much as it is a missing package in, most notibly, mandrake 9.0

A bug has been reported to icculus.org. The initial reporter of the bug was able to get everything working again by choosing the same packages, during installation, that another linux machine had installed that had a working copy of UT 2k3 installed and now his works fine also.

SO, it's just a matter of time before the file or files that it's looking for to create a single player profile without crashing are identified.

Thanks for all those of you who have helped me out with this one.

Last edited by HunterA3; 10-07-02 at 05:14 PM.