Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-20-12, 09:06 PM   #61
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I don't care much for Apple's auto-complete function. It's a burden to cancel imo. I prefer the predicted word above the keyboard with the option to pick a predicted word if you want to.

Whenever I type up quick email messages on my iPod Touch I have issues. It predicts about 95% of the words I use correctly, but those other 5% drive me crazy lol. Maybe there's a shortcut I'm missing...
I guess I'm pretty good at typing lol. With Apple's auto-complete, I'm about 97-98% accurate and can type pretty fast. Not sure of any shortcuts. When I had my Droid, I typed so fast that I rarely used the word prediction feature.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 07:08 AM   #62
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Don't you mean to say that iphone users have no use for swype? Nuance made a swype app for iphone but apple said no.

Also apple explicitly forbids open source apps from being ported to iphone.
No, I meant what I said. I liked Swype, my wife didn't and I don't know all iPhone users. Pretty simple statement I made if you don't try to insert things I never said.
Old 04-22-12, 12:54 AM   #63
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
Two things my Android can do that Apple won't allow.

Silent Time Lite - I set a time where only people on a whitelist make my phone ring. No more 3AM wrong numbers!

Shush! - When I set my phone to vibrate I get a popup that allows me to keep it quiet for an amount of time that I choose.

Two very useful Apps that aren't even allowed to exist in the iOS universe since they directly tie in to the core functions of the device.
Timed profiles is the one thing I really miss on an unjailbroken iPhone. Used it constantly on my Nokia and my jailbroken 3G.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 01:06 AM   #64
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I guess I'm pretty good at typing lol. With Apple's auto-complete, I'm about 97-98% accurate and can type pretty fast. Not sure of any shortcuts. When I had my Droid, I typed so fast that I rarely used the word prediction feature.
I'm usually pretty accurate but sometimes my ipod touch predicts the wrong words and inserts them automatically, which makes it difficult to correct.

I just wish they would give you the option to hit a button to accept the auto correct instead of just inserting it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 07:52 AM   #65
Hogrider

Yea I admit sometimes the auto correct on the iphone or ipod is a little annoying.
Old 04-22-12, 05:00 PM   #66
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's awful on wiki websites. When the auto correct thing pops up and you want to cancel it, it triggers a search on the 'corrected' word. :: Game wikis are the worst.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 05:08 PM   #67
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

I just got a 708kb update on my nexus ...

Here's some in on the update/fix.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 02:55 PM   #68
ViN86

For some reason Google hasn't fully pushed out 4.04 for CDMA/LTE users yet. I updated mine manually and it improved some random things in the OS (e.g. black text in status now appears white so you can read it). It also updated the CDMA/LTE radio firmware and improved my signal. Jackpot.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-12, 07:27 AM   #69
Rakeesh

Thinking I'm going to ditch sprint and go for this deal:

http://slickdeals.net/f/4265234-Unlo...msung-Warranty

I'm getting tired of sprints bullsh*t, and getting tired of being on a contract. I'm considering t-mobile but want to get an idea of how their signal is in my area.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 07:55 AM   #70
Hogrider

The signal around here sucked for T Mobile so we got Sprint which has a much better signal... but the Sprint 3g is a hell of a lot slower than T Mobile was when you could get a 3g signal.
Old 04-25-12, 08:18 AM   #71
Rakeesh

Sprint doesn't even offer 4g where I'm at, and they probably won't even offer it for another four years.

Really stupid too because I live in the 6th largest city in the states, you'd figure they'd want that market share. What's really dumb though is they offer 4g in a few cities outside of the metro area which have tiny populations.

And then sprints 3g service is bottom last in terms of speed. Even cricket has better 3g.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 08:28 AM   #72
Hogrider

I'd venture to say even earthworm has better 3g...