Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-01-12, 03:01 PM   #85
|MaguS|

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
The sprint one should already have 4.0.4 on it.

Well the GSM one only has 16GB.
As of recently, it launched with a 32GB model.
Old 05-02-12, 01:35 AM   #86
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
As of recently, it launched with a 32GB model.
They were going to but they cancelled it:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/15/3...ally-like-str/

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 05:06 PM   #87
Rakeesh

Just got it, putting it on the charger now. I like how light it is.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 05-02-12, 05:39 PM   #88
ViN86

Quote:
Just got it, putting it on the charger now. I like how light it is.
Yea, it's light but it also feels solid. Did you get the extended battery? I got it on Amazon for $30. It's on sale for $27 now.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-I5...5994785&sr=8-1
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 06:50 PM   #89
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, it's light but it also feels solid. Did you get the extended battery? I got it on Amazon for $30. It's on sale for $27 now.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ETC-I5...5994785&sr=8-1
I've heard that one won't work on the sprint one, supposedly the clips are in different locations.

Old 05-02-12, 08:25 PM   #90
Rakeesh

The screen on this phone is awesome, it can display true blacks with true whites at the same time, with very vibrant colors, and the resolution is very good. The iphone screen looks like sh*t compared to this.

Face unlock is very nifty btw, very speedy and seems accurate, not to mention adding a layer of security.

How long you wager til apple copies it?

BTW, the sprint version indeed does ship with 4.0.4

Old 05-03-12, 11:01 PM   #91
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 01:39 PM   #92
Rakeesh

Quote:
The screen on this phone is awesome, it can display true blacks with true whites at the same time, with very vibrant colors, and the resolution is very good. The iphone screen looks like sh*t compared to this.
Somebody pointed out to me this morning:

iphone 4s contrast ratio: 800:1
Gnex contrast ratio: 100,000:1

That's not dynamic contrast btw, that's fixed.

Old 05-04-12, 01:46 PM   #93
|MaguS|

The Galaxy Nexus is a ****ty Pentile Matrix Screen while the iPhone 4S and One X are true RGB Matrix displays... Nexus loses no matter what.

Samsung needs to get off their asses and improve their displays, Super AMOLED is total ****. Use Plus or GTO.

BTW I use a Galaxy S2 and am a huge supporter of Android but the Nexus was such a piece.
Old 05-04-12, 01:50 PM   #94
Rakeesh

Quote:
The Galaxy Nexus is a ****ty Pentile Matrix Screen while the iPhone 4S and One X are true RGB Matrix displays... Nexus loses no matter what.

Samsung needs to get off their asses and improve their displays, Super AMOLED is total ****. Use Plus or GTO.

BTW I use a Galaxy S2 and am a huge supporter of Android but the Nexus was such a piece.
I don't know what you're talking about there, I've compared the two side by side, the nexus wins hands down. The iphone looks like if you took a water color painting and washed it out a few times.

Old 05-04-12, 02:04 PM   #95
|MaguS|

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about there, I've compared the two side by side, the nexus wins hands down. The iphone looks like if you took a water color painting and washed it out a few times.
HAHAHA

Man you are so blinded by apple hate that you can't even admit it when its a known around the industry that the iPhone 4/S has one of the most superior screens.

The AMOLED Screens have a poor white reproduction, often are too warm and when are not AMOLED Plus suffer horrible aliasing on text due to the Pentile Matrix. They have a lot of pros but their negatives are usually pretty big (my biggest complaint is the Pentile display).

The HTC One X is one of the few phones to come out and beat the iPhone 4/S on almost every screen comparison tests.
Old 05-04-12, 02:35 PM   #96
Rakeesh

Quote:
HAHAHA

Man you are so blinded by apple hate that you can't even admit it when its a known around the industry that the iPhone 4/S has one of the most superior screens.

The AMOLED Screens have a poor white reproduction, often are too warm and when are not AMOLED Plus suffer horrible aliasing on text due to the Pentile Matrix. They have a lot of pros but their negatives are usually pretty big (my biggest complaint is the Pentile display).

The HTC One X is one of the few phones to come out and beat the iPhone 4/S on almost every screen comparison tests.
Don't take my word for it.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...re.asp?c=34535
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Displ...y-S-II_id28910

The only area the galaxy nexus falls short on is visibility outdoors. As far as color reproduction, the only negative remark was oversaturation, however it's not really that bad. As noted, blacks display almost perfectly. Whites are a tad bit on the cool side, but it's not really bad at all.

Again, I've seen the two side by side. You're telling me I shouldn't be able to tell the difference?

The only respectable advantage iphone 4s display has over the nexus is the slightly higher pixel density, however it's not really that much higher. Besides, once you reach over 300dpi most people can't tell the difference anyways without looking really close to the display. This is why most magazines and newspapers are printed in 300dpi. The galaxy nexus sits at 306dpi.

Also as noted by the article, once you've reached a certain pixel density, the "jagginess" caused by Pentile displays is unobservable once you reach a certain pixel density. The galaxy nexus has well exceeded that point.