Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-03-12, 02:43 AM   #37
Rakeesh

Default Re: Samsung phones outselling Apple

Holy f*ck apple is ripping all kinds of sh*t off of android in their next iteration:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/20098...c_for_iphone_5
http://www.qylexit.com/apple-patent-...phone-and-ipad

Lawl apple users and their android clone wannabe phones

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 09:07 AM   #38
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

It takes how many phones from Samsung to beat 2 models from Apples (3 if AT&T is still selling the 3gs)?

Not to mention there are many Samsung smart phones you can find for significantly less than what the iPhone sells for.

They cater to a different audience and if you really want to throw numbers around check to see which company is more profitable.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 09:39 AM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

A big "BFD" on the NFC stuff.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 09:52 AM   #40
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
It takes how many phones from Samsung to beat 2 models from Apples (3 if AT&T is still selling the 3gs)?

Not to mention there are many Samsung smart phones you can find for significantly less than what the iPhone sells for.

They cater to a different audience and if you really want to throw numbers around check to see which company is more profitable.
Re-read your second paragraph, then your third, then tell me what's better for consumers...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 10:17 AM   #41
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Re-read your second paragraph, then your third, then tell me what's better for consumers...
Are we arguing what's better for consumers?
Old 05-03-12, 10:44 AM   #42
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Are we arguing what's better for consumers?
I didn't know we were arguing at all. I checked out of this thread days ago. I just got a chuckle out of your statement.

One could argue, however, that ultimately every debate on these forums is about what's best for the consumer.
Old 05-03-12, 10:48 AM   #43
Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I didn't know we were arguing at all. I checked out of this thread days ago. I just got a chuckle out of your statement.

One could argue, however, that ultimately every debate on these forums is about what's best for the consumer.
Well the consumer votes with their wallet, an they pick the iPhone over any single competing device.

I had an iPhone and iOS just didn't do it for me on a phone personally, but overall comparing the sales of all of Samsung's smart phones to the iPhone and calling it a victory is kinda absurd imo.
Old 05-03-12, 12:09 PM   #44
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
A big "BFD" on the NFC stuff.
NFC is actually pretty neat in that it's way more secure than a credit card:

- You don't need to hand it to anybody, so there is no chance of copying numbers
- Every time the transaction is performed, the exchange is done with one time credentials, so there is no chance of a replay attack (which both credit and debit are susceptible to because they always use the same numbers)
- If somebody steals your phone, they still need to know your pin (which must be entered upon every transaction) or else they can't spend your money.
- You don't enter your pin at any kind of point of sale terminal, so there's no chance of somebody recording your pin.

I've used it once, it's pretty convenient. With the sprint nexus google gives you $50 in free spending money.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 05-03-12, 12:14 PM   #45
Rakeesh

Speak of iphone 5, I wonder what apple intends to do with a quad core processor. iOS can't actually multitask, it just pretends to.

Old 05-03-12, 12:17 PM   #46
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
NFC is actually pretty neat in that it's way more secure than a credit card:

- You don't need to hand it to anybody, so there is no chance of copying numbers
- Every time the transaction is performed, the exchange is done with one time credentials, so there is no chance of a replay attack (which both credit and debit are susceptible to because they always use the same numbers)
- If somebody steals your phone, they still need to know your pin (which must be entered upon every transaction) or else they can't spend your money.
- You don't enter your pin at any kind of point of sale terminal, so there's no chance of somebody recording your pin.

I've used it once, it's pretty convenient. With the sprint nexus google gives you $50 in free spending money.
Meh, not real exciting TBH. It sounds like something I would turn off if I had the feature.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 12:35 PM   #47
Rakeesh

Quote:
Meh, not real exciting TBH. It sounds like something I would turn off if I had the feature.
Why would you turn down extra security? Besides, it actually takes less time to do than fishing your wallet out of your pocket and then your credit card out of your wallet. I typically have my phone sitting in arms reach. Don't need to open an app or anything, just stick your phone up to it tells you what you're paying and it asks for your pin.

It's also accepted wherever you see the mastercard wave scanner, which is pretty much everywhere now, they even have them on my campus vending machines.

Old 05-03-12, 01:26 PM   #48
ViN86

Quote:
I can't wait for your thread about how awesome it is right after the Apple keynote.