Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-27-12, 10:36 AM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: What to do with a Diablo 3 preorder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
There is no "remains to be seen". World of Warcraft makes Blizzard more money in a year than Diablo 3 will ever make them. Now multiply that times the number of years it's been making that money and there is NO contest, it's not even remotely close.

I dunno about easily. SC2 has sold like 5 million copies, that's not exactly an easy number to reach for a PC game. Diablo 2 didn't even sell that many copies.

I think it might hit 5 million, if for no other reason than the WoW annual pass will inflate the numbers by a good bit. There are already a million people who will be getting D3 for free because of the promotion, and if they count those as sales it will be a lot easier to reach.
Are you high? Diablo 2 sold far more then 5 million copies worldwide.
Old 04-27-12, 01:15 PM   #38
Vardant

The latest info I could find says over 7 millions and that was a couple years back.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 01:29 PM   #39
Logical

Whats all this WoW sales comparison for ? Who gives a f**k about WoW these days except for jobless pot smoking mongs that have nothing better to do!!

If both were in front of me, i would choose Diablo 3 every single day of the week....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 02:37 PM   #40
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
The latest info I could find says over 7 millions and that was a couple years back.
And that's probably only counting the BattleChess version and only in the US.

I mean WoWs peak was just over 10 million and after that it sharply decreased.
Old 05-05-12, 09:13 AM   #41
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Holy Sh*t
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 09:15 AM   #42
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

btw guys... I'm playing Diablo 3 now. I'm going to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt that their game will get better in later levels. I enjoyed Diablo 2 too much to just turn my back on a franchise I haven't played the full game of...
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 12:02 PM   #43
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

The open beta was fun, but nothing to write home about. It's a good $40 game, and that's about it. I just don't see why people are flipping out over it.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 01:28 PM   #44
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
The open beta was fun, but nothing to write home about. It's a good $40 game, and that's about it. I just don't see why people are flipping out over it.
It's addictive and VERY fun to play. I for one cannot wait to get this game and i havent even been a fan of the series...im not even a fan of the genre but Diablo 3 has certainly got my attention.

Old 05-05-12, 10:41 PM   #45
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

tygerwoody was converted
Old 05-06-12, 03:16 PM   #46
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
btw guys... I'm playing Diablo 3 now. I'm going to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt that their game will get better in later levels. I enjoyed Diablo 2 too much to just turn my back on a franchise I haven't played the full game of...
Haha, did someone have their time of the month a few weeks back??? lol

Dude it's gonna be a good game, just cause it's a bit different doesn't mean it won't rock!

Edit: I was also watching the Diff. Levels & Builds vid posted earlier, and if you look at their skill set design and vision, they want you to EXPERIMENT going AWAY from the cookie cutter design paths that are common and essential in WOW. So they say, for ex., going Melee WIZARD, or going pet-less WD, are all viable builds and able to go through the game.

There was a phrase that was posted on one of their slides during the show; Customization = Self-Expression!!!!

I couldn't sum up what gaming's vision in ANY produced game SHOULD be!!!

This goes to the highly successful vision of social media/apps/websites which put you solely at the helm.

You are unique and have a view/vantage point on life, and that view is expressed BY you!
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 12:28 PM   #47
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Are you high? Diablo 2 sold far more then 5 million copies worldwide.
Link? I've searched extensively and never seen any numbers higher than 4 million for an actual source. Everything else is people guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I mean WoWs peak was just over 10 million and after that it sharply decreased.
Those are peak subscriber numbers! You think the same ten million people have been playing the game for the last 8 years? With that many subscribers it's actual sales would be 3-4x that number at a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Whats all this WoW sales comparison for ? Who gives a f**k about WoW these days except for jobless pot smoking mongs that have nothing better to do!!
Obviously D3 fans care or they wouldn't be making ridiculous comparisons to a game that D3 will never touch in sales or revenue.

I get that people are excited to finally play another Diablo game, but lets not get crazy and make it out to be the biggest game ever, because it's not.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 12:55 PM   #48
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Obviously D3 fans care or they wouldn't be making ridiculous comparisons to a game that D3 will never touch in sales or revenue.

I get that people are excited to finally play another Diablo game, but lets not get crazy and make it out to be the biggest game ever, because it's not.
Noone has said it is the best game ever, what people are saying is its a blast in its beta form and so the final game will be awesome to play. So what...WoW has massive revenue and a population of a medium sized country...Doesn't make it best game ever....Look how many songs beiber has sold but he isnt the best singer ever....