Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-08-12, 09:20 AM   #37
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Can we all be honest about STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I'll be honest about it. It sucks. I bought it and had fun for about 2 hours, and then it started to get really stupid. No idea why people like it, but I'll allow it.
Just wanted to support this comment. I never understood the appeal of STALKER.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 09:33 AM   #38
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Just wanted to support this comment. I never understood the appeal of STALKER.
Thats great for you.
Old 05-08-12, 06:42 PM   #39
Cylphid

Reinstalling SHOC with complete mod

Last time I played through was about 2 years ago. I'm due and this thread made me do it.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 07:11 PM   #40
iron99
GPL Is Still King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
Reinstalling SHOC with complete mod

Last time I played through was about 2 years ago. I'm due and this thread made me do it.
Enjoy I did!
AMD Phenom 1090T @ 3.8 On H2O\ Asus M4A89TD Pro/USB3.0\CORSAIR XMS3 8GB\RealSSD C300 128GB SataIII (OS)2xWD 600 GB(1 Apps. and Games/1 My Docs)WD 1.5TB for backup\ 480 GTX @825/2000/1.113V on H2O\Dell 2405\350Watt 5.1 Sound\1000watt single rail PSU\Logitech MX518 and G15 / ECCI Trackstar 6000 / Frex H-Shifter+\Windows 7 Professional 64-bit\My Favorite games - FallOut 3 with PFEE Mod
iron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-12, 07:57 PM   #41
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I want to replay the first with LURK. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 11:23 AM   #42
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Yeah I'll be honest about the Stalker series. To me all the Stalker's sucked balls. I hated them. The stupid screen bouncing got on my nerves and most of all the makers made the computer decide kills instead of the user. The theory was to compensate for human error but it essentially had the effect of taking control out of the users hands. I thought this was a terrible idea implemented poorly and it just ruined the game for me. I don't need the game making decisions on how good a shot I am on probability and making me miss shots I didn't miss. Good riddance to the end of Stalker.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 05:31 PM   #43
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Yeah I'll be honest about the Stalker series. To me all the Stalker's sucked balls. I hated them. The stupid screen bouncing got on my nerves and most of all the makers made the computer decide kills instead of the user. The theory was to compensate for human error but it essentially had the effect of taking control out of the users hands. I thought this was a terrible idea implemented poorly and it just ruined the game for me. I don't need the game making decisions on how good a shot I am on probability and making me miss shots I didn't miss. Good riddance to the end of Stalker.
Have to say i agree with most of that...

I played around 4 hours of the first stalker...Now i know thats barely enough to scratch the surface, however it was enough for me to realise that i would never play it again. Graphics were nice-ish but damn that gameplay...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:02 PM   #44
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

So they all sucked balls but you still spent the money on them? Ok....

What are you thoughts on death of the single player fps and truly ambitious new single player games for the PC?

Old 05-09-12, 07:19 PM   #45
crainger

He's entitled to his opinion. Especially if he did buy them, rather than pirate and declare the game sucked.

I don't agree where he says the game decides hit probability (thinking of Bloodlines maybe). I've never had that issue. A headshot is a headshot when I play... Stalker has always been twitch based. The enemies in the first game were bullet sponges from the neck down though.
Old 05-09-12, 07:56 PM   #46
jkmetal

He is entitled to his poorly formed opinion.

I hate it when someone immediately declares that they hate something they barely tried. Not just in regards to games but IRL as well.
Old 05-09-12, 08:22 PM   #47
Cylphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
He's entitled to his opinion. Especially if he did buy them, rather than pirate and declare the game sucked.

I don't agree where he says the game decides hit probability (thinking of Bloodlines maybe). I've never had that issue. A headshot is a headshot when I play... Stalker has always been twitch based. The enemies in the first game were bullet sponges from the neck down though.
Spot on in my experience as well.

I'm about 2 hours back into the zone and I think I've only died 4 or 5 times so far, not bad

I did mod the weight limit this time though. I've beaten the game before and have no desire to travel back and forth to sell scavenged goods.

Lost to the zone again....and the "Get out of here stalker" guy....got a bullet that wants to meet you, again
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 09:43 PM   #48
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmetal View Post
He is entitled to his poorly formed opinion.

I hate it when someone immediately declares that they hate something they barely tried. Not just in regards to games but IRL as well.
Sounds like mike and logical both gave it a go. As I said I gave 4 hours and didn't really like it, but I gave it another shot and actually ended up loving it and the entire series. It's a love or hate kinda game. Kinda like the first Witcher.

After Ranger Hardcore on Metro and Alan Wake I plan to replay SoC, maybe Clear Sky. To me it has been the weakest game so far.