Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-12, 02:50 PM   #157
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I talked about this earlier:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=110

In addition to what I don't mention there, is the inclusion of wifi direct and support for wifi display.
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 02:53 PM   #158
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
That battery performance is just so much better as well!

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5310/43385.png
Here's a better comparison:

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Samsun...one-4S#battery

Quote:
[galaxy nexus vs iphone]

More than 20% higher capacity battery, 1,750 mAh vs 1,420 mAh
Around 30% more talk time per battery charge, 17.6 hours vs 14 hours
Around 50% more standby time, less frequent charging, 12.1 days vs 8.3 days
Quote:
The Galaxy Nexus has average standby time per battery charge, but the iPhone 4S's talk time is really poor
Quote:
The Galaxy Nexus has a reasonably high capacity battery, but the iPhone 4S is average
In addition to that you can buy a battery with a 30% larger capacity for around $30 which does not increase the size of the phone, which would trump the single area benchmark you listed any day. Or if you want to slightly increase the size of the phone, you can get a battery with almost three times as much capacity, and with that there is no comparison whatsoever.

Also I like how you just post that one graph rather than showing the whole page which paints a bigger picture:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5310/s...wich-review/14

PWNT
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 03:05 PM   #159
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Reality disorder... I guess that comes in the whole "open" Android package.

Like I said before, Android is such an open platform. It's just sad that its users aren't as open.
"Better comparison" - only because this time the Nexus is better on paper
I'd say Anand's benchmarks provide a much better comparison than just comparing specs on paper. No matter which device is in front.
Try looking at the anand page itself rather than just that one picture that he posted, it reaches the same conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
This is like saying that the FPS count in a GPU benchmark is the only thing that matters, completely ignoring the fact that other factors are much more important for the actual real world gaming experience.
Exactly, I'm glad you agree, because that's exactly what I said when he posted the GPU scores.

Talk about reality distortion Or perhaps the lack of ability to read...

I like how you guys all gang up on me, and still manage to lose
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 03:17 PM   #160
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Maybe you should read that Anandtech battery page again. The LTE version, and LTE is really important according to you, looses in every single test in which the iPhone 4S is included.
That's probably when you have LTE enabled, which burns battery all the time, even when you're not transferring any data. And I've never said LTE is important, in fact I don't even use LTE, mine's always off. If I really wanted LTE, I'd be on verizon, because sprint doesn't even yet offer LTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
You seem like a smart guy but you really behave like a little kid when it comes to your Apple hating.
Mainly because I like how you guys get so upset over it

Really if it didn't bother you guys, you wouldn't be posting about iphones in android threads so much.
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 03:38 PM   #161
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Coming from the guy who's always bringing up an iPhone comparison.

Like I said in an other thread, you don't seem to be able to give Apple credit for stuff they did right. That's what bothers me. I've used the Nexus myself and for me it's clear which product is better overall but I don't trash talk the Nexus. In fact it's the only Android phone I'd recommend and I've mentioned that in quite a few threads on this board.
There's nothing wrong with being reactionary.
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 05:28 PM   #162
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

The thing that you guys seem to forget is that a choice of mobile phone comes down to personal preference. At one time iphone ruled the mobile world...but now they dont. If people want to follow the tradition of 'oh my friend has one so i get one as i know nothing about phones'....then let them. It is clear that Android based smartphones are a huge threat to Apple and as time goes on the same tradition will be 'oh i will get a android phone because my friend has one'. I figure this could be why the apple fanboys seem to always jump to the defence of their devices....Arrogance, ignorance or just plain stupidity... It reminds me of high school when the megadrive v snes (Genesis v super famicom for the aliens) debate was high on the topic list.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 05:31 PM   #163
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best game ever.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:45 PM   #164
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best game ever.
I disagree. I think Donkey Kong was a much better game.

six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-12, 06:50 PM   #165
zoomy942
 
zoomy942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bellevue, ID
Posts: 5,338
Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis is the best game ever.
Wrong. Pirates! on Commodore64
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:26 PM   #166
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I disagree. I think Donkey Kong was a much better game.

Donkey Kong SUCKS!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:36 PM   #167
Hogrider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
The thing that you guys seem to forget is that a choice of mobile phone comes down to personal preference. At one time iphone ruled the mobile world...but now they dont. If people want to follow the tradition of 'oh my friend has one so i get one as i know nothing about phones'....then let them. It is clear that Android based smartphones are a huge threat to Apple and as time goes on the same tradition will be 'oh i will get a android phone because my friend has one'. I figure this could be why the apple fanboys seem to always jump to the defence of their devices....Arrogance, ignorance or just plain stupidity... It reminds me of high school when the megadrive v snes (Genesis v super famicom for the aliens) debate was high on the topic list.
So in other words, choice of mobile phone comes down to personal preference but if others don't like the phone you have then they are arogant, ignorant or just plain stupid?

Believe it or not not everyone wants an iphone because it is some trendy thing. I couldn't care less about "trendy". My wife got an ipad2 and I saw how great it worked and it lead me to get rid of an Android phone I couldn't stand. I guess I should have kept the Android phone so I could be trendy in not succumbing to trendy things. That way someone would think I was smart for keeping a phone that sucked and I hated.
That's foreigner logic for you...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:02 PM   #168
Rakeesh
 
Rakeesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 6,870
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Believe it or not not everyone wants an iphone because it is some trendy thing.
Lies.
__________________
Want to listen to audio without your computer going to sleep? Try this.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.