Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-12, 05:23 PM   #61
Rakeesh

Default Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign up...48 hours only!!!

How is the PVP in this game so far?

I don't like MMO's unless the PVP is good, especially if there are good opportunities to grief other players. The reason I quit wow is because they made griefing harder

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 05:36 PM   #62
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I don't like MMO's unless the PVP is good, especially if there are good opportunities to grief other players. The reason I quit wow is because they made griefing harder
This is why we can't have nice things.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 05:44 PM   #63
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inraged Twitch View Post
Its the same as GW1 PVP with RVR from Warhammer.... decide. its NOTHING like shadowbane pvp.
I never played GW1, nor Warhammer.

What are the main differences I should expect from shadowbane? (or even wow.)

I remember having some good times in shadowbane. I remember getting banned from basically every public trainer city on my coix thief for stealing craploads of money from their owners. And my neph doomsayer was just godly.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 05-11-12, 07:27 PM   #64
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
This is why we can't have nice things.
Actually in WoW, even though I was horde, I was really good friends with the alliance players. We would have this clique where the best of alliance PvPer's knew and were friends were with the best horde PvPer's.

Once you made the "who's who" list, you wouldn't gank the other good PvPer's, you'd just watch them gank players of your faction and they'd watch you gank theirs, and then you'd all have a good laugh

I was notorious on my server for entering Stormwind solo and just killing every pvp flagged player I could find without ever dying. The alliance players who knew me would come on vent and ask me to gank other alliance players that were on their sh*tlist.

I would do really mean things to people (e.g. killing hunters pets while they're fighting a group of mobs and watching them struggle to stay alive, or using typhoon to knock people off of their flying mounts so they'd fall and die, or tricking people to follow me to where your spirit can't reach your corps to resurrect, and then killing them) but it was all in good fun

And then there were the holiday events, which on PvP servers were always littered with the bones of dead players...it was beautiful...always cracked me up too. Sadly blizzard killed that, which is why I left.

-

Anyways I'm having a look at GW, the PvP system looks interesting (have my eye on a Charr Thief)...only thing is, how "grindy" is this game? Same ol' "kill and fetch" quests as all other RPG's, or have they changed that?

Old 05-13-12, 03:07 PM   #65
Rakeesh

After watching a bunch of videos on this, I really like the way the combat system works.

It isn't like wow in that it is hugely dependent upon healers and preventing your enemy from being able to do anything at all (vis a vis, crowd control) which is ultimately a really stupid model. Instead it is about actively blocking, dodging, knowing the right time to attack, and properly timing your self heals. Very good.

However it seems apparent that there's no world pvp. The WvWvW system they have is more or less the equivalent of just a really big WoW style battleground. If they'd fix that I'd be interested. I just like it so that when you're in the world doing whatever it is you need to do, you could encounter a real combat scenario (e.g. where the threat of death is real, whereas vs NPC's its almost guaranteed victory) at any time, or you could initiate one at any time.

If they'd fix that I'd be interested, e.g. having PvP servers.

Old 05-15-12, 10:58 AM   #66
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Oh 7 hrs ran pretty fast.. Needed more time!!

Kept playing my Guardian. New Fav weapons for solo scepter and focus. shield and mace for groups so I can heal them. and also took armor and weapon crafting.

I like crafting in this game. Everything you need for the current items are listed, easy to find.

found a good spot for copper mining but soon others found it too then it gets harder to get your mats for crafting.

Can't wait for the next beta gotta lvl up my crafting

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 03:33 PM   #67
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
TBH I'm getting pretty bored with BWE events I'm already lvl 29
Shouldn't lvl too fast.. try to soak in everything.. like farm for some high demanding items like vile of bloods and sell them or mine for copper (all lvl 5-10) for crafting

Old 05-17-12, 09:03 AM   #68
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
I know but I wanted to see some high end items.
Did you run any instances at high lvls?

Old 05-17-12, 09:42 AM   #69
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Thinking of canceling my preorder. Just not getting hooked at all. Having 1000x more fun in D3
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 10:11 AM   #70
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Thinking of canceling my preorder. Just not getting hooked at all. Having 1000x more fun in D3
they are two different games. If you got money won't hurt o try both. I will get D3 once i get my new machine.

Old 05-17-12, 10:34 AM   #71
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I am completely hooked on D3. I will keep this game though because I can't cancel it and I do LOVE the pvp With no subscription i see no reason to cancel.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 02:28 PM   #72
ElL33t
Brobama

I didn't realize this game was pushed back AGAIN until December of this year. WTF!? This game has already been pushed back 2 years.

Sure glad they started pre-orders almost a year in advance so they get people to buy into a beta to fix their broken game. Pretty ****ty if you ask me. Now I know no one forced us to buy this game, yet we thought it would be out in about a month in a half and then they pull this.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote