Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-12, 01:58 AM   #25
Vardant
 
Vardant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: EU
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
What spam ?
A bunch of people downloaded the game just to troll the chat...luckily in EU, there were a few stress tests before the beta, so it was fine.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 07:12 PM   #26
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

i tried this game this weekend, not impressed.

Just your typical asian mmorpg, nothing really new here
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 12:21 PM   #27
ElL33t
Brobama
 
ElL33t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 805
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter View Post
i tried this game this weekend, not impressed.

Just your typical asian mmorpg, nothing really new here
Same here. Was boring right off the bat. Some neat ideas on combat but that's about it.
__________________
OBAMA 2012
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 08:42 AM   #28
hirantha
SUC SUDO
 
hirantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, Staten Island
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

yeah i played it too but did not get passed lvl 6.. do not like the way healing works. thought pointing the mouse and killing and healing is fun but its not my thing. Have to hope GW2 is lot better than any of these asian MMOs
__________________
Intel i7 3770K
16 GB DDR3
Evga 670 SLI

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 03:16 AM   #29
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

The problem with this game is that the first 20 levels suck ass. After that, though, the game is awesome and I've had some of the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. Doing dungeon runs or killing BAMs is far more exciting and interesting than the stuff you see in your typical WoW clone.

As for it being a typical Asian MMO, it's only that way in looks. The leveling is much faster, there isn't any grind, and the combat is like nothing else on the market. I played The Secret World pretty much all day, I played GW2 the whole beta weekend and Tera is much better than either of these games.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 07:51 AM   #30
Ghosthunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 885
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I played The Secret World pretty much all day, I played GW2 the whole beta weekend and Tera is much better than either of these games.

I have not played GW2 but I have been playing The Secret World beta this weekend and Secret World has got me addicted where I have played 10 hours already. I could not get past 1 hour in Tera.

An mmorpg has to grab you right in the beginning for it to be successful and getting people hooked, I keep hearing how you have to get to level 20 or 30 before it gets good, well in this day in age with so many MMO that just will not fly.

To me TSW is much more unique in terms of the world is more immersive and I love how it has no levels
__________________
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i5-3570k @ 4.3
Thermalright True Spirit 120
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 09:22 PM   #31
ElL33t
Brobama
 
ElL33t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 805
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
The problem with this game is that the first 20 levels suck ass. After that, though, the game is awesome and I've had some of the most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. Doing dungeon runs or killing BAMs is far more exciting and interesting than the stuff you see in your typical WoW clone.

As for it being a typical Asian MMO, it's only that way in looks. The leveling is much faster, there isn't any grind, and the combat is like nothing else on the market. I played The Secret World pretty much all day, I played GW2 the whole beta weekend and Tera is much better than either of these games.
I thought Tera was boring. The combat was meh. It is different but it wasn't better in my opinion. I had a blast in GW pvp but we will all have different opinions of games. I'm just glad we have so many to choose from.
__________________
OBAMA 2012
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 04:56 PM   #32
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: T.E.R.A online !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I thought Tera was boring. The combat was meh. It is different but it wasn't better in my opinion. I had a blast in GW pvp but we will all have different opinions of games. I'm just glad we have so many to choose from.
True enough.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.