Default Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage

Suck it...

http://www.gamespot.com/gas-guzzlers...ailer-6377469/
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 08:40 PM   #2
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

Default Re: Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage

This game is a freakin riot to play. I've spent the entire day on it so far. I wish I would have known about it sooner. This game also has, hands down, some of the best graphics I have ever seen and a great configuration menu to match. The lighting is amazing and the physX particles make the best explosions I have ever seen in a game. Cars, textures, shadows are all crisp and sharp. Controls seem spot on too. Every track is very well done. Just an amazing game all around. Should you have the means to I highly recommend picking this one up.
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!
"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-12, 12:56 PM   #3
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
This game is a freakin riot to play. I've spent the entire day on it so far. I wish I would have known about it sooner. This game also has, hands down, some of the best graphics I have ever seen and a great configuration menu to match. The lighting is amazing and the physX particles make the best explosions I have ever seen in a game. Cars, textures, shadows are all crisp and sharp. Controls seem spot on too. Every track is very well done. Just an amazing game all around. Should you have the means to I highly recommend picking this one up.
Cool, giving it a try now... they sure didn't do themselves a service with the name, makes it sound like a bargain bin title...
Old 05-30-12, 04:53 PM   #4
Blade
It's just a ride....

Played beta but runs not great, is full version better?
Old 05-31-12, 04:30 AM   #5
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Played beta but runs not great, is full version better?
I guess it is. I didn't play the beta. I mean...what the hell do you mean? I can run the game at 1280x960 4:5 maxed out settings at a very smooth 30-45fps but at 1600x1200 or 2048x1536 it becomes a bit too much for my old 280 GTX, 20fps or less.
I keep it at 1600x1200 with high AO and shadows to keep it above 45fps. I'm sure it's a shader speed/core issue.

I would imagine if I can run this game at 2048x1536 by lowering my AO setting from extreme and ultra to just high and lowering my shadows to from ultra to high... and turn off motion blur by choice...
yes it runs great... and would run great on any system with a better GPU at 1920x1080 or higher but if your system can't take it...lower the ****ing settings, OC crap or build a new rig.
It never stops amazing me..."beta looks great...beta doesn't run good...I don't lower settings...I want to run on my pc but I set at uber highest setting and it no work good. Complain." Final game is crippled.
Really what the hell is wrong here... if a game like this this, this fine, came out a few years ago the thread would be a mile long. Now unless it comes with a million dollar PR campaign it's not worth looking at. Some games suck...this one does not.

The settings in this game are awsome, some of the best graphic options I have seen in a game since...since....I don't know...a long time.

P.S. I tested my wheel today, no FF at all. More of a gamepad game anyway, I use my rumblepad2 and it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Cool, giving it a try now... they sure didn't do themselves a service with the name, makes it sound like a bargain bin title...
Let me know what you think. I'm guessing they spent more on development than they did on market testing the name and PR.
I can't wait to get the high end cars. The first tournament was was kind of testing. The second was a bit harder, I'm about a third of the way through. I should get my high end cars tonight.

Old 05-31-12, 08:50 AM   #6
Blade
It's just a ride....

No multiplayer = no sale, h8 singleplayer games.
Old 05-31-12, 03:52 PM   #7
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

Quote:
Are you sure you played the beta, it has MP. I did a MP race yesterday, works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
The visuals remind me of those old Alarm for Cobra 11 games. Not sure if all of them were available in the US under that name.
I agree, I loved the last Cobra 11 game crash time. Such crisp clean graphics.
I think I was one of the few people that got their hands on a copy.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-31-12, 04:11 PM   #8
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
There's a multiplayer option in the menus? Also, I see a .exe file for dedicated server...

Old 06-01-12, 02:14 AM   #9
Blade
It's just a ride....

MP? Man i need to slow down on the ganja, i'm in!
Old 06-01-12, 12:09 PM   #10
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
There's a multiplayer option in the menus? Also, I see a .exe file for dedicated server...
O RLY?

Death Rally in 3D???

EDIT: I'm liking what I see in their forums. The actual game devs are in there answering questions and posting info. There is a lot greater chance of something actually being fixed if you can ask them to look into it. It also looks like the game is very easy to mod as you can easily open up the xml files and the .pep (zip) files.

@Max: Those screenies don't look all that impressive... Is there a lot of JPEG compression in them? I think the screenshots for Cobra 11 look a lot better. I'm seeing a few low resolution textures for some of the ground, makes me wonder if I would be able to stomach that.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 11:47 AM   #11
Bman212121

I played the beta, it's definitely a fun game. I'm actually impressed by all of the graphics options they have. AO, MLAA, FXAA, bloom are all in there. The beta didn't run so hot with all of them enabled but once I turned off AO and MLAA it seemed a lot better.

One of the devs said on the forums that the final game has much better performance than the beta, and they wanted to remove the beta downloads because it would detract from how much better the game is now.

This game really is death rally in 3d, you can clearly pull the resemblances from the cars. Also the really poor handling of the default car leads me to believe there are tire upgrades which will eventually make the car feel like it's on rails.

NO FFB support yet, but it sounds like they are going to be adding it. Also they are considering having bots for MP, which would be a good thing if you just had a couple of people who wanted to play together.

You can add me to the list cause I will for sure get this. At $32 it's definitely a great title.

EDIT: Where did you guys purchase your copy from? I'm wondering if you get it from say gamefly if it doesn't require you to have an app running 24/7 to play the game. I asked on their forums and one person said they thought that if you got it from origin you would need to be signed into it to play the game.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 04:22 AM   #12
LevaOpaki

No, you don't need to be signed into Origin to play the GasGuzzlers.
LevaOpaki is offline   Reply With Quote