Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-02-12, 04:10 AM   #1
News

Post Wot I Think: Game Of Thrones

Cyanide's RPG based on the Game of Thrones TV show has consumed the last week of my life. But should I have allowed this song of stats and fire so much time on my screen and in my mind? We shall Cerseiā?¦

It goes on far too long, seems to reach a climactic conflict repeatedly but then pull back from it in favour of more stringing along and treats its characters as utterly disposable. In other words, it's faithful to the source material in an intrinsic way, not merely a stylistic one. Cyanide's Game of Thrones: The Roleplaying Game is a slow-burner with a deeply awkward opening and besieged by footballer in a pizza advert levels of voice-acting, but it builds carefully, cleverly and dramatically.
(moreā?¦)

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote