Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-12, 05:02 PM   #37
ViN86

Default Re: iPhone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Galaxy Note? Which should I go for.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Went for the S3! Its free! If I don't like it, I can sell it later and get the iPhone5! win win!
I really think you will like it.

Best apps to check out are custom keyboards (I use Swiftkey although I don't know if they have your language pack) and good widget apps (I use widgetsoid for my toggle widget).

Might also want to check out some wifi tether apps (they often require root).
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 05:20 PM   #38
Rakeesh

Default Re: iPhone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Galaxy Note? Which should I go for.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Nice. How much was the conversion to LPG for your car or is it factory?
I'm not even sure, I just know it cost about $45 to fill up the tank and my phone had $47 in free google wallet credit on it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 10:17 PM   #39
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post

Best apps to check out are custom keyboards (I use Swiftkey although I don't know if they have your language pack) and good widget apps (I use widgetsoid for my toggle widget).

I use easytether, and it doesn't require root. It uses phone's USB driver to connect to your phone, for 3g internet. I no longer use dialup, I use Sprint's 3G! I can download a program at like 155kbps.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 10:23 PM   #40
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post

I will look out for Swiftkey. I also only use English

Just as a note, I am not a local local (ie Chinese) Hong Konger. Sure I was born here, but my ethnicity is Nepalese but i am an all out anglophile. SO much so that I will be getting my Brit passport soon! I even have bleaching cream to make my brown ass white!!!! /jk

But going back to your post. Wot u mean by wifi tether? i dunno wot u say of this wifi tether? erm I mean, can I kindly ask what does wifi tether do? I have a 10GB data package and free wifi when available?
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 10:34 PM   #41
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I think they mean sync and hotspot via Wifi instead of USB and Bluetooth. Like sharing 3G internet to lappy or tablet, or uploading music, downloading photos.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 02:20 AM   #42
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Do you drive a moped or is the fuel that cheap in the US?

I couldn't even get a 1/4 filled with $45.
Lexus ES300.

The tank wasn't completely empty though, I think I put 14 gallons into it and it holds 16.

I never let the fuel tank get below about 2-3 gallons left because you can ruin the fuel pump that way (this applies to pretty much any car.)

I end up doing a lot of grocery shopping at fry's since they're right around the corner (and the food is priced well) and usually by the time I need to re-fuel (once a month or so) I've bought enough groceries to get 20 cents off per gallon (which is usable at nearly any gas station around here, arco being a notable exception.)

I think last time I bought gas it ended up being about $3.20 per gallon. In your terms that would be about 83 cents per liter.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 06-13-12, 02:54 AM   #43
crainger

It costs be $90 to fill my XR6Turbo. Keep in mind I don't have a Galaxy S3. I put 100 Octane in, it's about 1.50 a litre. Times are touch here if you don't own an S3. ::
Old 06-13-12, 12:00 PM   #44
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
haha, I assume it's no coincidence that you mentioned two apps that aren't allowed in the Apple App Store as the "best apps"
I did it on purpose. The best things aren't available on iOS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-12, 08:10 PM   #45
crainger

Oh ViN, your VeiL is so ThiN. The apps are what makes iOS in the end. Google can be as fast and configurable as you want, in the end the apps are pretty second rate compared to the iOS version. Especially Tablet wise. ::
Old 06-13-12, 09:24 PM   #46
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
I will look out for Swiftkey. I also only use English
I tried swiftkey x free edition and it's really good but I find the standard skins to not go too well with the standard message app look. I now use perfect keyboard free edition which I find even better than swiftkey x. It only comes with 1 skin unless you buy the full version but I think the standard skin looks good and fairly neutral. The functionality is a bit better than swiftkey X IMO and has a lot of options for customisation... especially for key size in both portrait and landscape modes separately.

The standard keyboard on the SGS2 is horrible, the SGS3 hasn't changed it by the looks of things although with the bigger screen it would probably be a bit better. My main gripe is the small space bar being offset slightly to one side - it results in hitting the . key instead of the space bar very often. Stupid move by samsung and I have no idea why they didn't change it! The prediction is also much better with perfect keyboard and swiftkey. If you're not 100% accurate it does a very good job of predicting what word you meant to type, where the Samsung default almost always picks stupid words.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 12:29 AM   #47
Rakeesh

You guys want to know the best way to troll iphone users? Use your android phone to direct gratuitous ARP's at them with the default gateway's IP address pointing to a bogus MAC address

There's nothing they can do about it as there's no app that will prevent it.

Old 06-14-12, 12:40 AM   #48
Hogrider

You can also taunt iphone users with a cold bottle of Dr. Pepper. Trust me, I'm an iphone user and it gets me every time.