Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 8

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-17-12, 09:41 AM   #13
bacon12

Default Re: And the people spoke...Desktop is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Steam on OS X is pretty solid, but the availability of games is obviously lacking. All Valve games are available and run really great.

I use my Win7 boot camp for any game I can't play in OS X. But I mainly play Minecraft now days.

I just want the quality of PC games to be that giant step up that it used to be. I want to be able to justify the cost more than anything.
Sorry but Skyrim, and Diablo 3 are worth having a gaming PC this year. Have fun on your mac thou.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 10:23 AM   #14
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
News flash: Diablo 3 runs flawlessly on Macs. I didn't even use the PC for that game.
Right, everyone I know running even a high end mac has frame rate issues. But if you consider that flawless then rock on.

http://www.justd3.com/improving-diab...ple-steps.html
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 10:43 AM   #15
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Sorry but Skyrim, and Diablo 3 are worth having a gaming PC this year. Have fun on your mac thou.
Never been a fan of either game genres but am waiting for them to become dirt cheap over the next few years. So I really don't consider them "worth having a gaming PC" for. Most new games are pretty stale IMO. I'm still waiting for the new Hitman and Bioshock, so my 360 will work great for that when they release.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 06:28 PM   #16
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
I'll go back to PC gaming when devs quit being lazy and make games worth spending the $$$$ to keep a PC up to date. Also they need to quit the whole exclusivity crap. Hated missing out on games like Gears of War because I didn't have a 360.

Until then I'll keep gaming on my MacBook and X360.
I don't think it is THAT expensive to keep a PC up to date. The most cost effective way imo is you have to spend some dough once for good basics, and then just keep upgrading the video card as necessary.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 08:35 PM   #17
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
So what you said is incorrect. There are decent well made PC games, quite a few, but you aren't a fan of those and the games you do like aren't well made on PC.

Also you suck at games. ::
I won't argue with what I bolded lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget
I don't think it is THAT expensive to keep a PC up to date. The most cost effective way imo is you have to spend some dough once for good basics, and then just keep upgrading the video card as necessary.
While I agree with the last sentence, it all just depends on your situation financially. In my case, I have a new son that is all of my time, attention and $$$ right now lol. Not that I'm complaining about it, but I don't get much extra $$$ to upgrade video cards anymore. I'm still rocking out my Q6600, 8GB RAM and GTX 260 And it also depends on time/location. I get zero time to sit at my desktop PC anymore, therefore I game on my MBP (Boot Camp or OS X) if not my XBOX.

I'm really waiting for the game devs to start focusing on the PC a little more; putting a little more time into their work and making the PC version worth maintaining the PC for. It just never settled right with me that I spent so much $$$$ on my PC when all I got was the console version with . . . well, I just got that.

Sorry to derail this thread with my crap.
Old 06-18-12, 12:10 PM   #18
mullet

****_storm. LOLzz
Old 06-19-12, 03:22 PM   #19
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

If I had to game on a 360. Sadly, I would no longer be a gamer. I can't stand my 360, LOD on driving games is so poor I can't see anything on the road in front of me until its too late. 24/7 vasoline eyes. with all the blur, the jaggies... God just thinking about it makes me shiver.

I'm thinking with my 2600k, 16gb ram and GTX 680 I'm good for awhile though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 06:03 PM   #20
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
If I had to game on a 360. Sadly, I would no longer be a gamer. I can't stand my 360, LOD on driving games is so poor I can't see anything on the road in front of me until its too late. 24/7 vasoline eyes. with all the blur, the jaggies... God just thinking about it makes me shiver.

360 looks pretty good on my big screen. Plus for us broke gamers who don't have the big bucks to spend on that kind of hardware you mentioned, it gets the gaming fix taken care of.

When the PC market steps up and some time passes by, then I'll get back into it.

Old 06-26-12, 09:32 AM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post

Dont play many games latelly, but if rrod_box or ps3 was my only choice i wouldnt play games at all.
Old 06-26-12, 09:38 AM   #22
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:

I'm really waiting for the game devs to start focusing on the PC a little more; putting a little more time into their work and making the PC version worth maintaining the PC for. It just never settled right with me that I spent so much $$$$ on my PC when all I got was the console version with . . . well, I just got that.

Sorry to derail this thread with my crap.
Haha, and thats coming from someone thats wants bring down games to lowest level by making them the same across pc, tablet and phone.
Old 06-26-12, 04:32 PM   #23
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

gaming on my ipad2 ftw?

right six?

six?
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 06:57 PM   #24
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Haha, and thats coming from someone thats wants bring down games to lowest level by making them the same across pc, tablet and phone.
Who said anything about bringing them down to a lower level? I understand that with hardware, it just won't be possible, but one can dream right? Leave mah dreams alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomyNINERFOURTOO
gaming on my ipad2 ftw?

right six?

six?
Touchscreen controls suck. End of discussion.