Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-13-12, 09:01 PM   #3697
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
That has got to be total carnage.
it is actually not too bad. if i didn't know it, it could be 32 player. because there are so many flanking routes, it doesn't turn into a metro kind of deal.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 10:36 AM   #3698
MaXThReAT

Battlefield 3: Premium
by Electronic Arts
Platform: Windows Vista / 7 | Rated: Mature
Price: $49.99
Available Now.

Product Description
From the Manufacturer
OWN MORE WITH BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM

Take your Battlefield 3 multiplayer experience to the next level with Battlefield 3™ Premium! Containing a truly staggering amount of content, Battlefield 3 Premium offers a unique opportunity to play all upcoming expansion packs early, increase your soldier customization options, and receive a number of exclusive in-game items all for a one-time fee.

This membership will give you all five themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3 – including two weeks’ early access. You will also receive a host of unique in-game items not available anywhere else, including the ACB-90 knife, a set of dog tags, and exclusive soldier and weapon camos.

Battlefield 3 Premium members will also get access to powerful new features such as the ability to reset their stats, queue priority into servers, and new decals for their Platoon emblems.

Whether you want to get early access, stand out with unique in-game items, or use the powerful new features on offer, Battlefield 3 Premium gives you an unprecedented multiplayer experience.

BATTLEFIELD 3 PREMIUM KEY FEATURES
PLAY ALL EXPANSION PACKS EARLY
Get all five massive themed expansion packs for Battlefield 3 and play them two weeks early.

STAND OUT WITH EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME ITEMS
Get recognition and stand out with unique in-game items including the one-of-a-kind ACB-90 knife and a set of Battlefield 3 Premium dog tags. Further customize your experience with new exclusive soldier camos and weapon camos and unique Assignments.

ACCESS POWERFUL FEATURES
With Battlefield 3 Premium comes the unique chance to reset your Score/Minute, Kills/Deaths, and Wins/Losses stats if you want a fresh start with your multiplayer soldier. To further recognize your status, we give you queue priority into servers, more decals for your Platoon emblems, and the ability to favorite five of your Battle Reports to store them permanently.

JOIN UNIQUE EVENTS
Rank up faster with exclusive Double XP weekends and take part in unique events.

GET STRATEGY GUIDES & VIDEOS
Watch videos with playing tips straight from the developers at DICE, access a set of deep strategy guides, and get exclusive sneak peeks from upcoming expansion packs.

CONTENT AND FEATURES INCLUDED

All Battlefield 3 expansion packs with two weeks’ early access:
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
Battlefield 3: Aftermath
Battlefield 3: End Game
Combined, these five expansion packs include 20 maps, 20 new weapons, 10+ new vehicles, 4 new game modes, 30+ Assignments and 20+ dog tags
Unique in-game knife
Unique in-game dog tags
10+ unique soldier camos
Unique weapon camos
Stats reset feature
10+ unique Platoon emblem decals
Increased Platoon emblem layers
Server queue priority
Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports
5+ unique Assignments
Exclusive events
Exclusive Double XP weekends
Exclusive videos
Strategy guides
Additional bonus content

...just an FYI
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 11:35 AM   #3699
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Every new unlock is better than the last. The Scar-L is is really nice.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 03:46 PM   #3700
Muppet

Played a couple of games of Game Master last night. That was a real buzz. Getting the last couple of kills was real hard work. But lots of fun none the less.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 04:04 PM   #3701
bob saget

For anyone wondering, the Double XP carries over to vehicle kills as well. So, if you shoot down an enemy jet while you are in a jet, you will receive 250 points at first, and then at the end of the round, you will have 500 points towards your next jet unlock/service star. Same goes for helis, tanks and IFVs. Just fyi
Old 06-15-12, 08:23 PM   #3702
mojoman0

not sure if i like the xp counting towards unlocks. We're already bombarded by unlocks, I kind of like them trickling in so they feel more...special
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 06:19 PM   #3703
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
For anyone wondering, the Double XP carries over to vehicle kills as well. So, if you shoot down an enemy jet while you are in a jet, you will receive 250 points at first, and then at the end of the round, you will have 500 points towards your next jet unlock/service star. Same goes for helis, tanks and IFVs. Just fyi
It makes for some pretty insane scores. Last night in a game of Caspian, I finished the round with 62,000 points
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Old 06-17-12, 08:24 PM   #3704
bob saget

Finally got all the IFV unlocks. Man it is fun hitting the crap out of some building with one poor sap hiding inside.

Old 06-17-12, 09:01 PM   #3705
Redeemed

Finally fired this up again. Resuming the SP. Pretty impressed actually- got all in-game settings maxed and so far, it is remaining playable.

Who knows, maybe after SP is done I'll dominate Bobbie Boi in some MP.

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 09:10 PM   #3706
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Finally fired this up again. Resuming the SP. Pretty impressed actually- got all in-game settings maxed and so far, it is remaining playable.

Who knows, maybe after SP is done I'll dominate Bobbie Boi in some MP.

Just quietly, I've heard he likes to be dominated
Old 06-17-12, 09:23 PM   #3707
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Just quietly, I've heard he likes to be dominated

That's our Bicycle Bobbie!

I'm honestly very leery about MP- anytime I play an MP game with lots of players my ping sucks. I never enjoy it, wind up just getting pissed off cause for ever kill I get, I die like 30 times. Something tells me if my ping can remain decent I'll get schooled playing with ya'll veterans.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-12, 09:29 PM   #3708
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post

That's our Bicycle Bobbie!

I'm honestly very leery about MP- anytime I play an MP game with lots of players my ping sucks. I never enjoy it, wind up just getting pissed off cause for ever kill I get, I die like 30 times. Something tells me if my ping can remain decent I'll get schooled playing with ya'll veterans.
I would jump on some team death match server just to get a feel for it. There is double XP on now till like midnight, so you'll rank up a lot faster. Godspeed.