Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-19-12, 12:47 PM   #25
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: DayZ mod for ARMA II

Damn man, Rocket is knocking out updates/hot-fixes faster than i can keep up lol.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 01:36 PM   #26
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

What's the cheapest way to play this? I've heard of people paying $10 for the expansion and using the free ARMA 2 version to play. Thoughts?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 02:06 PM   #27
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
What's the cheapest way to play this? I've heard of people paying $10 for the expansion and using the free ARMA 2 version to play. Thoughts?
Yeah you can play with the free version of ARMA II but as you said you would need to buy the OA expansion pack, The only downside to ArmA II Free is reduced quality textures.
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
Old 06-19-12, 02:14 PM   #28
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Oh and yet another update lol, v1.7.1.4 ....

Quote:
Build Notes
HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.4
* dayz_equip 1.3.2

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Performance issue with equipment proxies (improves FPS)

HOTFIX : 19 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:
* dayz_code 1.7.1.3
* dayz_weapons 1.3.1
* dayz_server (server admins only)

Developer's Note:
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.
* Big thanks to JoeKurtz for his excellent bug reports

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Melee items causing magazine glitching and eventual server death (fixed)
* [FIXED] Unconscious UI Image displays incorrectly
* [FIXED] Bleeding never stops unless bandaged (chance of spontanious bleeding stopping now works)
* [FIXED] Interior infected spawning inside of building walls etc... (interior infected now spawn inside correctly)
* [FIXED] Speed not correctly utilized for checking stealth levels ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33630 )
* [FIXED] Posture error can occur on stealth check ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33628 )
* [FIXED] Config error messages on popup (Caused by legacy classnames, error handling implemented to prevent this)
* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)
* [FIXED] Massive lag and desync on some servers (mostly caused by the invisible replicating magazines)
* [REVERT] Nerf of sickness damage (now will reduce your blood to 6000 rather than 10000)
* [FIXED] Losing blood from starvation/dehydration cannot receive transfusion ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33677 )
* [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)
* [NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are
* [FIXED] Flies still heard around removed/hidden bodies ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33472 )
* [NEW] Significant loot rebalancing
* [FIXED] "Fus ro dah" melee (now should be the correct release files)
Honestly you cant knock the devs of dayz, They are reading the forums, Replying and listening to issues/bugs & what people want, Like & don't like ... Adding new features and fixing bugs faster than we can keep up with.

Seriously in all the years ive been paying pc games ive never known a dev team be so in touch with the playing community.
Old 06-19-12, 02:48 PM   #29
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Yeah you can play with the free version of ARMA II but as you said you would need to buy the OA expansion pack, The only downside to ArmA II Free is reduced quality textures.
OA is $20 on Steam. Hmm. Wonder if they will drop the price during the Steam Summer Sale. If so, then I will bite.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 05:40 PM   #30
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Wonder if they will drop the price during the Steam Summer Sale.
Hmmm, I dunno ... ARMA II:OA is still in second place in the top sellers list, I cant see the price dropping while its selling so well at its current price.
Old 06-20-12, 12:49 PM   #31
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

ETA is 6 to 24 hours

Current Changelog for 1.7.1.5
* [NEW] Infected raycast for line-of-sight less often (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Infected can see through terrain ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33787 )
* [FIXED] Raycasting being taken from wrong body position (ensured it is from eye level)
* [FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)
* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after x minute(s) of their death (improves performance)
* [FIXED] Sometimes infected will stand still after loosing line-of-sight ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33715 )
* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)
* [FIXED] Poor performance caused by infected search behavior (MAJOR performance increase during closed testing)
* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)
* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)
* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)
* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)
Looks like decent hotfix this one, Glad to see the devs concentrated on fixing whats broken instead of trying to worry about adding new features.
Old 06-21-12, 07:58 AM   #32
Blade
It's just a ride....

Getting better with patches, having some fun befriending nubs & then shooting them in the face & stealing their stuff, very satisfying

Old 06-21-12, 10:48 PM   #33
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Already bored with this buggy mess after so little time...back to BF3 I go!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 11:58 AM   #34
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

I must have just killed every zombie in Kamenka lol.

Old 06-23-12, 05:12 AM   #35
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
Pending Update: Build 1.7.2
Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

The update will include some new functionality. Currently, it includes some leftover fixes from the end of 1.7.1

But I will be updating the progress here. 1.7.1.5 will remain all weekend, unless something serious happens.

This is the completed changelog so far:

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
Glad to see the infected hearing through objects is being fixed.
Old 06-27-12, 08:07 PM   #36
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

New update due out very soon...

Quote:
Changelog:
* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)
* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)
* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)
* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)
* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)
* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)
* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue
* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state
* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog
* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)
* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)
* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)
* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)
* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation
* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )
* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )
* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )
* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )
* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated
* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)
* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)