Old 08-27-12, 06:46 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default "Why I知 uninstalling Windows 8" Article

read here: http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/why-...ling-windows-8
Old 08-30-12, 04:17 PM   #2
=assassin=

Default Re: "Why I知 uninstalling Windows 8" Article

Good article! I have long decided to avoid Windows 8, but this is good for providing reasons why to avoid it to people.
=assassin= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 05:17 PM   #3
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's so fast though.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 08:06 PM   #4
fraggelrock
He Honked de Honk O Honks

Fast isn't so good if it's hard to use and is buggy.

CPU : Intel i5
Mobo: ASRock P67
Mem : 4 GB
GPU : 880GTS
KEY : Fatal1ty
MOS : Fatal1ty Pro Laser
fraggelrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 10:54 PM   #5
AthlonXP1800

I am damn very impressed with Windows 8 so far. Microsoft did very good job to make it the future direction of Windows.

I completed upgraded my PC from Phenom II 940 to Core i7 3770K last week when I noticed something really very fascinated. I backed up data to spare hard drive before upgraded the new hardware and used the same internal 2TB hard drive with 2 partitions loaded with Windows 7 and 8 in it. I was about to formatted the hard drive but I decided to booted Windows 7 first with logo bootscreen then see what happened so it went BSOD because of new hardware changed from AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard, I expected the same thing with Windows 8.

When booted Windows 8 and the logo bootscreen came up to configured getting the devices ready, it last 10 secs to reached 100% then it restarted and Windows 8 booted until it reached lockscreen, I logged in and went in desktop to checked Device Manager confirmed new hardware changed to Intel CPU, Intel motherboard and DDR3 memory went smoothly and everything worked perfect with all apps ran flawless without BSODs.

Few days ago I noticed one device called PCI Simply Communications Controller Windows 8 cant find driver for it so it turned out to be Intel Management Engine Interface so I found latest Windows 8 driver online and installed then restarted and noticed something very fascinated, after restarted I wasn't at ASUS UEFI logo bootscreen but actually on Windows 8 logo bootscreen then reached locksreen. Wow with the driver saw Windows 8 had very fast 5 secs reboot.

So you don't need to worry about change new motherboard and CPU with Windows 8 that you don't ever needed to backup data, reinstall Windows 8 or format hard drive.

It time to say farewell Windows 7, Windows 8 is the future.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 06:09 PM   #6
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggelrock View Post
Fast isn't so good if it's hard to use and is buggy.
Once you practice with PCs a bit more you might get the hang of it.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-12, 03:30 PM   #7
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 View Post
I am damn very impressed with Windows 8 so far. Microsoft did very good job to make it the future direction of Windows.

I completed upgraded my PC from Phenom II 940 to Core i7 3770K last week when I noticed something really very fascinated. I backed up data to spare hard drive before upgraded the new hardware and used the same internal 2TB hard drive with 2 partitions loaded with Windows 7 and 8 in it. I was about to formatted the hard drive but I decided to booted Windows 7 first with logo bootscreen then see what happened so it went BSOD because of new hardware changed from AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard, I expected the same thing with Windows 8.

When booted Windows 8 and the logo bootscreen came up to configured getting the devices ready, it last 10 secs to reached 100% then it restarted and Windows 8 booted until it reached lockscreen, I logged in and went in desktop to checked Device Manager confirmed new hardware changed to Intel CPU, Intel motherboard and DDR3 memory went smoothly and everything worked perfect with all apps ran flawless without BSODs.

Few days ago I noticed one device called PCI Simply Communications Controller Windows 8 cant find driver for it so it turned out to be Intel Management Engine Interface so I found latest Windows 8 driver online and installed then restarted and noticed something very fascinated, after restarted I wasn't at ASUS UEFI logo bootscreen but actually on Windows 8 logo bootscreen then reached locksreen. Wow with the driver saw Windows 8 had very fast 5 secs reboot.

So you don't need to worry about change new motherboard and CPU with Windows 8 that you don't ever needed to backup data, reinstall Windows 8 or format hard drive.

It time to say farewell Windows 7, Windows 8 is the future.
You sound so much like you work for MS. How often people have to do what you did?.. what if the hard drive crashes? still need to use a backup.

I think I will wait for windows 9

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 11:58 AM   #8
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800 View Post
BS, i done that many times, look up my threat from about 2 years ago when i switched the board from amd to intel on windows 7, and it worked perfectly.

stop spreading BS.

and windows 8 is still tablet optimized piece of crap.

Old 09-30-12, 04:00 AM   #9
AthlonXP1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
BS, i done that many times, look up my threat from about 2 years ago when i switched the board from amd to intel on windows 7, and it worked perfectly.

stop spreading BS.

and windows 8 is still tablet optimized piece of crap.
Cant find your thread, you got only 100 threads dated back far as 18 Aug 2010, well it seemed all the rest of your threads was lost after NvNews hacked.

I am NOT spreading BS!

My new P8Z77V mobo did not have IDE ports, the UEFI only got HDD settings of either ACHI and SATA. I cant get into Windows 7 safe mode to uninstalled drivers cos of BSOD. But I find Windows 8 really incredible when it booted first time it detected new motherboard and configured without had to uninstalled drivers, you really don't need to changed UEFI/BIOS settings, just leave it alone.

Others had same problems I had, only solution to fix Windows 7 BSOD after changed AMD to Intel motherboard is to reinstall Windows 7 or changed HDD setting to IDE in BIOS.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1197894/s...anging-mobo/30
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=708589

Edit: I looked at further 27 pages in CPUs, Motherboards And Memory, 50 pages in General Hardware and 14 pages in Windows 7 forum dated back to July 2009 when Windows 7 was RTM still cant find your thread. Maybe lots of threads gone missing after hacked.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 10:32 AM   #10
john19055

I had no problems with a amd CPU and board and switched to a i3 and a motherboard and I did'nt have any problems .Just uninstalled evething that was amd and install my drivers because I really did'nt want to mess with a clean install .I was building it for my daughter.
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-12, 09:27 AM   #11
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Thumbs up Re: "Why I知 uninstalling Windows 8" Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It's so fast though.
+1

So very fast. Once POST has completed, Windows boots in about half a second. There's life in this old dog of a machine yet!

All the benefits of reformatting, with way less pain in the ass. I tend to use the desktop, browser and traditional apps mostly, so it's fair to say beyond the performance I'm not seeing major benefits. Still, it has new car smell.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote