Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Political Forums

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-12, 12:55 PM   #13
MowTin

Default Re: Barack Obama Retains US Presidency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
So Obama didn't invent it. Who cares. His party push it into place.
The point is that it's a system that already exists and has been tested elsewhere. It's not something that Obama invented. Claims that the sky will down because of ObamaCare are not based on facts.

As it is, we spend more for healthcare and get less in return than other developed nations.

It seems to me, money spent ensuring that your citizens are healthy and disease free is money well spent, don't you?

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 12:07 AM   #14
Airbrushkid

What's great about the USA is you can believe in what you want to. So believe in Ocare. I see different! Just think something new is happening "Petitions to secede are filed for 23 states since election"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...states-since-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
The point is that it's a system that already exists and has been tested elsewhere. It's not something that Obama invented. Claims that the sky will down because of ObamaCare are not based on facts.

As it is, we spend more for healthcare and get less in return than other developed nations.

It seems to me, money spent ensuring that your citizens are healthy and disease free is money well spent, don't you?
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 02:29 PM   #15
MowTin

Quote:
What's great about the USA is you can believe in what you want to. So believe in Ocare. I see different! Just think something new is happening "Petitions to secede are filed for 23 states since election"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...states-since-/
Well, there are millions of people in those states. Texas is a solid red state yet over 40% of Texans voted for Obama. A few thousand fruitcakes voting for secession online doesn't mean anything.

I wonder if those conservative secessionists wore their flag pins when they signed the petition to break up the U.S.A.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 11:11 PM   #16
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
What happened to all the Rethuglicans around here? Did they leave the country in anticipation of an Obama re-election?

I wanted to hear an explanation of how "the worst president in American history" got re-elected.

This takes all the fun out of schadenfreude.
Hmm...well, suddenly things "changed".

One of the things I liked about this forum was the charm it had, which mainly came from the other people who posted here. Out of nowhere though, many of their posts were no longer visible. I wasn't sure why, was thinking maybe it was a glitch because the page number counts on several threads would point to pages that didn't exist.

A post from udawg mentioned something about a global ignore, which I had never heard of, but it became pretty apparent that it was applied to several members, including me. We would post, but it wasn't apparent that our posts weren't showing up to other members (we could see our own.) You could tell if you were globally ignored by logging out.

It seemed I was, but I wasn't sure why (no warning or notification that I had done anything wrong was given) nor am I really aware of why it all happened to begin with, I figured some kind of explanation may have been given seeing that I was a donating member, and even part of the "secret club". I made a goodbye post, in spite of thinking that it probably wouldn't be seen by anybody, but I left it anyways just in case. I don't think anybody did see it (I can't find it anyways.)

The "charm" I mention doesn't really exist on rage3d either...that forum seems to take things way too seriously. I rarely posted there, and stopped posting there altogether I think back in early September (I have a peek at it now and then, but haven't found anything worthy of responding to or adding that I thought the people there would take interest in.)

I only came back here today because my laptop which I haven't used in a long time had a tab from this still opened in firefox (I set it to keep persistent sessions even when the browser is closed.) I don't anticipate coming here anymore. Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. But, thought I would just leave my take on the matter since it was asked for.

EDIT: PS: I do intend on leaving the country, but it has nothing to do with politics. I made that decision a long time ago (even think I mentioned it here) mainly just because I want to see new places. I now am in a profession that is in very high demand globally, so I can work wherever I want and pull in a good salary. Likewise, the 2012 election wasn't terribly important to me. I only voted for one person on the ballot: Jeff Flake for senate, mainly due to his anti-SOPA stance and anti-earmark stance. If the US ever enacts anything like SOPA or PIPA, that will have very bad consequences globally. Hollywood really wants it to pass though, and they are putting very hard pressure on the democrats (and California republicans) to do so. Obama even signed the ACTA treaty (also detrimental for the same reasons) on their behalf without even putting it through the senate - a clear cut violation of the constitution if there ever was one. So, the best I can do is put Jeff Flake in there and hope he can undo it, as well as put a stop to similar things should they ever show up again.

Best of luck to MikeC and everybody else who still remains here though. I'll see you guys in another life.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 03:48 PM   #17
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
Hmm...well, suddenly things "changed".

One of the things I liked about this forum was the charm it had, which mainly came from the other people who posted here. Out of nowhere though, many of their posts were no longer visible. I wasn't sure why, was thinking maybe it was a glitch because the page number counts on several threads would point to pages that didn't exist.

A post from udawg mentioned something about a global ignore, which I had never heard of, but it became pretty apparent that it was applied to several members, including me. We would post, but it wasn't apparent that our posts weren't showing up to other members (we could see our own.) You could tell if you were globally ignored by logging out.

It seemed I was, but I wasn't sure why (no warning or notification that I had done anything wrong was given) nor am I really aware of why it all happened to begin with, I figured some kind of explanation may have been given seeing that I was a donating member, and even part of the "secret club". I made a goodbye post, in spite of thinking that it probably wouldn't be seen by anybody, but I left it anyways just in case. I don't think anybody did see it (I can't find it anyways.)

The "charm" I mention doesn't really exist on rage3d either...that forum seems to take things way too seriously. I rarely posted there, and stopped posting there altogether I think back in early September (I have a peek at it now and then, but haven't found anything worthy of responding to or adding that I thought the people there would take interest in.)

I only came back here today because my laptop which I haven't used in a long time had a tab from this still opened in firefox (I set it to keep persistent sessions even when the browser is closed.) I don't anticipate coming here anymore. Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. But, thought I would just leave my take on the matter since it was asked for.

EDIT: PS: I do intend on leaving the country, but it has nothing to do with politics. I made that decision a long time ago (even think I mentioned it here) mainly just because I want to see new places. I now am in a profession that is in very high demand globally, so I can work wherever I want and pull in a good salary. Likewise, the 2012 election wasn't terribly important to me. I only voted for one person on the ballot: Jeff Flake for senate, mainly due to his anti-SOPA stance and anti-earmark stance. If the US ever enacts anything like SOPA or PIPA, that will have very bad consequences globally. Hollywood really wants it to pass though, and they are putting very hard pressure on the democrats (and California republicans) to do so. Obama even signed the ACTA treaty (also detrimental for the same reasons) on their behalf without even putting it through the senate - a clear cut violation of the constitution if there ever was one. So, the best I can do is put Jeff Flake in there and hope he can undo it, as well as put a stop to similar things should they ever show up again.

Best of luck to MikeC and everybody else who still remains here though. I'll see you guys in another life.
You're a hell of a guy and I echo most of your sentiments. I've decided to start posting here again and more often. I'm not a draw or a favorite, but I hope that I can help jump start this place again.

I believe that many of the reasons that things "happened" this summer were personal and that MikeC doesn't want to share them. I wish him the best as always and I hope that you change your mind and come back if we can "get the band back together".
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-13, 10:34 PM   #18
sillyeagle
sillyego

Nvnews was always a playful type of place with playful type of people, which is why I've always like it here. I felt out Rage for a while but wasn't really drawn into it. This was the only forum I really ever posted on regularly, so I like to check back to see what's shakin. Sucks to have most of the old content gone, but a clean slate isn't all that bad, as long as people want to come around write new stuff on it.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 01-28-13, 01:15 PM   #19
Butter Bandit

Quote:
First off they got banned! So I don't think that they will ever come back. There over on Rage3D.com.

And to me he is not that great of a Pres. Wait until Ocare go's in effect. There's reports that a lot of the big ass companies are going to layoff ten of thousands of people if not more! Then watch the employment rate sky rocket! Then all you people that wanted O in office will be paying for the thousands and thousands of people that have no job. But that doesn't matter they will have Ocare that your paying for!!
Not all of us. Some just vanished off the face of the internet...always lurking in the shadows...making surprise appearances.

Holy hell, my post count is down to 430. That means like....5 thousands of my posts were deleted. The VAST majority, haha ^_^
Intel Core I5 @ 4.2ghz; EVGA P55 FTW 200 Motherboard; 8gb DDR3 1600 RAM; Dual SLI EVGA Geforce 465 GTXs; 80gb Intel SSD; 120gb OCZ Vertex SSD; 640gb 7200rpm HDD; 720gb 7200rpm HDD; Cooler Master 942 HAF Case; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Butter Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 01:49 PM   #20
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
Not all of us. Some just vanished off the face of the internet...always lurking in the shadows...making surprise appearances.

Holy hell, my post count is down to 430. That means like....5 thousands of my posts were deleted. The VAST majority, haha ^_^
+1
Life got in the way for me...which is a good thing. Politics on a board is not as fun as it once was. I love posting, and I love interacting with you guys, but I love my job and my girl as well...so guess which one won out?

Last edited by DiscipleDOC; 01-23-14 at 11:38 AM.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-13, 03:57 PM   #21
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I think this sub-forum should be shut down and any future political threads be closed immediately. This is the policy of the NotebookReview forums (where I hang out more often), and it's an incredibly nice place to be.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 09:10 PM   #22
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

Howdy saturn, long time no see.

A lot of conversations end up diving into politics at least a little bit. It's good to have a place to move such discussions to instead of closing them, should people want to finish a discussion.

If they get too heated, or if personal attacks are made, I'd say close it. I just hate wanting to chime in on something someone says and not being able to, lol.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 04:25 PM   #23
Butter Bandit

hahaha, looks like a lot of us old farts came out of retirement briefly!
Intel Core I5 @ 4.2ghz; EVGA P55 FTW 200 Motherboard; 8gb DDR3 1600 RAM; Dual SLI EVGA Geforce 465 GTXs; 80gb Intel SSD; 120gb OCZ Vertex SSD; 640gb 7200rpm HDD; 720gb 7200rpm HDD; Cooler Master 942 HAF Case; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Butter Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-13, 11:14 AM   #24
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit View Post
hahaha, looks like a lot of us old farts came out of retirement briefly!
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote