Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-09-12, 09:30 AM   #25
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Default Re: The Secret World

I'm having so much fun in TSW too but I still think GW2 has to offer lot more.

The Bad
Don't really like the crafting system in TSW, minecrafting like crafting system. easy but maybe too simple.

Ran polaris first instance man that thing was hard, ran as a blood healer. Heals are so small people kept dying and blood shields don't last long. So forcing me to change my build?

QL gear is the lvl system in game. Better QL you have faster the mobs die. I got a QL5 blood focus but gear still at QL3 and 4 so I take dmg when killing things (like mobs in Jacks pumpkin farm) and finding next QL stuff is not easy if you don't run instances.

Did 1 PVP and too many people not much space to run. Don't like it.

Pay for the game, $15 month and cash shop? eeeek

All these skills but only can carry 7 active and 7 passive as a blood heal 7 is not enough for me.

The Good

Love the story, the modern day feel. Love the graphics.

Easy to navigate quests. Love the quest system I think they did a good job with that. Quest rewards are not bad either.

Almost all of the quest can be done daily to gain them valuable APs

Someone once said in game this game is like a collectorís card game where you can collect all the cards but it takes time. That's very true every quest will give you AP and itís not that hard to collect bunch of AP in few hours. Then use that to open up more skills, but you going to need lot of AP to open all 512 something. I think itís a nice challenge.

Been playing this all weekend, and my pregnant wife is wondering why this is more important than spending time with her. Addiction lvl is too high. That's the only explanation.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 02:50 AM   #26
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Still on the fence about this game .....

..the thing that is driving me to keep playing more and more is that I need to theroy craft and make a good build of the two trees i have invested in so far, Blood magic and shotgun. I have found some synergy which gives me moderate dps. Ie I can "afflict" a target with Blood magic and then debuff with Shotgun. That combinations adds DoTs and efectively decreased dmg i take to stack of 10 (30%)

But out put is moderate, I dont know if I can get better build right now...maybe its just the wrong combination.
I think I am going to have to invest APs in other trees to see what combinations I can get within the next 3 weeks
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 02:53 PM   #27
Talrain

Picked this game up couple days ago. Im still on the fence too. Everything about it is great, except for the combat. Compared to Age of Conan this game is a step backwards. I find the combat dull and boring.
Talrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 09:24 PM   #28
MUYA

Hey Talrain nice to see a fellow AoC'er I used to run with!

I unsubbed from AOC due to lack of ..everything! No groups, no raids no fun!

Once they import single server or do server merges, I might come back to AoC. PUGs may happen more which is cool as thats mostly how I geared my toons with t2 stuff.

The combat is deliberately slow until i believe u can crack the out ring skills to get a decent combination, whether its heals, DPS or tanking abilities. This game is a grind sink until you can get your best combination. That I don't mind..for now! So I dunno if I will continue to sub after the 1 month

BTW I am on Cerbeus server..and have a 2 man guild called... SWEETCHEEKS
Old 07-13-12, 02:13 PM   #29
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

You know what, I don't mind all negative points people find in the game, but why is the cash shop a negative point to the game exactly?
Old 07-13-12, 11:20 PM   #30
MUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
You know what, I don't mind all negative points people find in the game, but why is the cash shop a negative point to the game exactly?
apparently it should be free? lol I dunno but funcom really dont know the idea of microtransactions.
Old 07-14-12, 06:31 AM   #31
Talrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Hey Talrain nice to see a fellow AoC'er I used to run with!

I unsubbed from AOC due to lack of ..everything! No groups, no raids no fun!

Once they import single server or do server merges, I might come back to AoC. PUGs may happen more which is cool as thats mostly how I geared my toons with t2 stuff.

The combat is deliberately slow until i believe u can crack the out ring skills to get a decent combination, whether its heals, DPS or tanking abilities. This game is a grind sink until you can get your best combination. That I don't mind..for now! So I dunno if I will continue to sub after the 1 month

BTW I am on Cerbeus server..and have a 2 man guild called... SWEETCHEEKS

This "skill wheel" is reminding me of AoC's alternate advancement, which is not a good thing
Talrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 11:20 PM   #32
MUYA

1 month in and i am so far loving it.

Initially I thought it would be a grind but, while it still is, it offers the freedom to define what you want to play. The transition to different zone allows you to accumulate enough to unlock the must haves skills rather quickly.

So far, I think I have maximized my DPS and now I am going for tanking and so far so good....lets see after a few weeks

Definitely better launch than Age of Conan...

Old 09-17-12, 10:04 PM   #33
MUYA

Another month in and I am enjoying this game..but this may be hybrid F2P soon! All due to the fact that the game expected to sell Age of Conan like numbers (1 Million boxes) but, managed only 200K

http://vr-zone.com/articles/the-secr...lay/17205.html

They have 3 day trial. Go for it try it out......this game has Muya's Seal of Approval (for the time being)
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
Old 11-14-12, 11:18 PM   #34
MUYA

Patch 1.4 today introducing TSW's new RAID! and other improvements such as PVP, tanking skills and new auxiliary weapon!
Corsair 600T Case
Old 11-18-12, 08:38 PM   #35
Ghosthunter

it been a while since I been here but I have been playing TSW as well and having a great time I think I am 1.5 months in.

A lot of great things to say, mostly I love the skill wheel it, one of the best things I have seen in a MMORPG in a long time.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 09:59 PM   #36
MUYA

Hey Ghost, guess what my nick i n TSW is "MUYA", send me tell if online EST 7AM onwards

How far have u progressed? Done any NM? I can help with builds for DPS and Tank. Pretty crap at heals
Corsair 600T Case