Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-08-12, 03:57 AM   #1
wild_oscar

Default How to disable "force full gpu scaling" in 304.64?

I have a Zotac Ion board on a computer running Linux ad I had the driver version 295.xx.

I was trying to run a 1080 video on XBMC and, because playback was a bit sluggish, part of my (unsuccessful) attempt at making it run smoothly was to upgrade the Nvidia driver.

The problem is that the computer is connected by HDMI to a Pioneer A/V system - which in turn is connected to the TV (also through HDMI). When I created this set up I didn't get any image on my tv until I Unchecked "force full gpu scaling" in "Flat Panel Scaling".

After upgrading the Nvidia driver to 304.64 I lost image on my tv. Upon investigating, I saw on the release changelog:

- Removed Flat Panel Scaling configurability in nvidia-settings. Any desired scaling can be configured through the new "ViewPortIn" and "ViewPortOut" MetaMode attributes.

I know very little about this, however, I don't know what the equivalent configuration is. What would the correct configuration be with these new ViewPortIn/Out options to achieve the same result as "unchecking force full gpu scalling"?

Thank you very much for your answer!

Last edited by wild_oscar; 12-09-12 at 12:12 PM. Reason: title changed
wild_oscar is offline   Reply With Quote