Rummy

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL FAR CRY 3 THREAD***

Nice
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 03:27 PM   #26
MowTin

Some first impressions:

(Note: I love Far Cry 2 despite it's annoying issues)

First the Negatives:

1. The graphics don't impress me as much as FC2 did. Africa was just more beautiful. Also I think Africa is just more exotic. We rarely vacation to Africa so it's more of an cool to place to be in a game. And the African brush fires were better.

2. It suffers from some consolitis. But doesn't every game now-a-days?

3. It's a little confusing at first. You have so many options it's hard to know where to start. Should you start hunting and crafting or do a few missions first? But you eventually get the hang of it.

4. I don't think I like the new enemy animations--too busy, sliding all the time.

Postives:

1. Almost every flaw in FC2 is gone! No respawning checkpoint enemies. No guns jamming. No tedious travel system.

2. It's still a beautiful game.

3. It borrows a lot of the positive RPG elements from Red Dead Redemption. The crafting adds depth and gives you an excuse to explore without being burdensome.

4. Love the addition of hunting. And the jungle really feels more dangerous. If you hear something it's a good idea to look around or risk getting mauled.

5. The story (at least the beginning) is great. I never wanted to kill a game villain more. Sure there are plot holes but that's true of every game.

Anyway, I may need to restart the game at the highest difficulty level. At the second highest level it seems to easy at times. An enemy emptied his clip at point blank range and didn't kill me. I suspect the difficulty is gamepad calibrated.

So far I'm loving this game.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 06:42 PM   #27
Rummy

Nice feedback , I am liking the game as well. not to far into it but its fun and looks good.
Old 12-06-12, 07:49 PM   #28
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

I was going to skip this one after how terrible FC2 was but... I think I'll add it to the x-mas list

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-12, 10:46 PM   #29
Rummy

Get it its good..
Old 12-07-12, 05:48 AM   #30
K007

fc3 is awesome.

the ui is kinda sad because its has console ui..too many clicks to get around.

but the story...wow..its fun!
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-12, 01:18 PM   #31
MowTin

I love the bow. You feel like Rambo.

The key to enjoying Far Cry games is to be creative about your killing. If you just hang back and snipe people all day then it won't be much fun. Try to burn down the whole camp. Set some land mines and C4 charges.

PS3 | Xbox 360
Old 12-09-12, 06:32 AM   #32
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

This game is a million times better than FC2. So much more to do, and the island just looks beautiful. The addition of hunting to gain materials for crafting is a nice touch, same goes for plants that can yield you syringes for health..etc but it can get pretty scary at first, since there's so much to do. Yes, it reeks of console-ports, but thankfully there is a FOV slider in the options to ease the pain. But the best thing about this game imo, is that its not as repetitive as FC2. What the hell were they thinking back then?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-12, 10:25 AM   #33
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Loving this game, easily GOTY so far...love the slide!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 01:48 PM   #34
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
This game is a million times better than FC2. So much more to do, and the island just looks beautiful. The addition of hunting to gain materials for crafting is a nice touch, same goes for plants that can yield you syringes for health..etc but it can get pretty scary at first, since there's so much to do. Yes, it reeks of console-ports, but thankfully there is a FOV slider in the options to ease the pain. But the best thing about this game imo, is that its not as repetitive as FC2. What the hell were they thinking back then?
GOTY for me.

I actually enjoyed FC2. But yes, FC3 is just so much better. I've never seen a game improve so much from one installment to the next.

The stealth is so vastly improved. It's arguably the best stealth in a FPS. Various takedowns, you can drag bodies, you can throw rocks to distract guards, great detection indicator, weapons customized with silencers and the bow is just awesome.

Also, it's just impressive how the hunting, gathering and crafting is integrated into the gameplay. Crafting is necessary in this game to progress and forces you to explore more. Yet it never becomes burdensome. Just be sure to do the hunting missions to get some rare animal skins.

I recommend the highest difficulty. Everything else is too easy. And disable enemy tagging. I wish there was a way to disable the ability to see tagged enemies through walls.

This is the best Far Cry game by far. And it's better than all the Crysis games (which I loved too).

PS3 | Xbox 360
Old 12-11-12, 02:24 PM   #35
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I never finished FC2, got 10 hours in and just felt like I was hitting my head against a brick wall.

In FC3 at about 10 hours it, the game felt the best it had been. Things progressed, new tools and weapons. It seems the devs were very careful about feeding you items on a steady basis. Random creatures and hunting missions can be quite fun at times. I'm just on the second island and I'm not liking it as much as the first. Still it seems like the best shooter this year, not that there was great competition. As for GOTY, not sure about that yet.
Old 12-12-12, 04:49 PM   #36
MowTin

Wow, lots of mods already available.
Quote:
Compilation (Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal)

Ultra-Low Configuration Mod

Compilation (All Attachments + Better Sights)

How to remove the wallhack tagging when using the camera

Stop object blinking

Alternate main menu mod

Turn Off White Stealth Indicators (hex edit)

Compilation 1.4 (Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal + object blinking removal by tom.solo + Wallhack removal by KyodanXD)

Gibbed Tools Dunia 2 GUI 1.01 | 1.02

Attachments mod + Unlock 2nd island weapons

Texture Pack

mini weapons mod

Compilation 1.5 (Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300 + Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal + object blinking removal by tom.solo + Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging))

Hereticus Weapons mod 1

weapons ballistics 0.90

Compilation 1.6 (Weapons Ballistics by Fnx.. + Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300 + Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz + Beverhund HUD mod compilation + Leechmongers attachement mod + KyodanXD Objective icon removal + object blinking removal by tom.solo + Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging))
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...for-Far-Cry-3?

PS3 | Xbox 360