Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-12, 02:00 PM   #1
News

Post Molyneux: Project Godus to release playable prototype tommorow

Legendary game designer Peter Molyneux has told Ars that he and his independent studio 22cans plan to release a playable prototype for the Project Godus Kickstarter effort tomorrow. It's an effort hoping to attract more funding for the group's still-struggling god game project.

"I've seen the prototype, I've actually played it... I've got a few changes I'd like to be made, but the progress has been pretty constant, so Friday is going to be the time when we show the rest of the world what the prototype is," Molyneux told Ars.

Potential backers will be able to download the prototype for both PC and mobile platforms to get a more direct idea of what Molyneux and his team have in mind. It's thePopulous and Dungeon Keeper designer's first god game since the Black & White series. "[The prototype] is not the most beautiful piece of computer interaction ever," Molyneux said, "but you knead it and you touch it and you get the idea that sculpting the landscape is amazing, seeing things react in the landscape is incredible, and it's definitely going to work."

Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote