Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Open Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-02-13, 05:35 AM   #1
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Default Netflix

So I thought I'd give it a go. Being based in the UK, I figured it would be full of stuff I didn't want to watch and didn't care about.

Pleased to say, it's actually not bad. Might keep going after the trial.

What video services do you use?
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 05:59 AM   #2
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Netflix

I used the Netflix free trial about a year ago and chose not to continue. The service worked great, but there just wasn't enough content to keep me interested. I use Cox and their OnDemand service works well for me.

I've also noticed that Hulu has a service called Huluplus. Seems to be similar to Netflix.

http://www.hulu.com/plus
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 06:34 AM   #3
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Sadly neither of those are available in the UK, although we do have some excellent tv catch up services (BBC iPlayer, 4od, itvplayer, skyplayer) they tend to only hold content for 14 days.

May look into getting hulu via a proxy...
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 11:45 AM   #4
Starscream
Decepticook

Netflix in Canada is ok at best.

It has a tiny fraction of the content on the US version.

Hopefully it's a bit better across the pond.
Old 01-02-13, 08:32 PM   #5
rage10

its pretty bad here in the us. hardly anything i really want to watch. mostly shows. heaven forbid i want to watch a popular movie. neflix isnt getting it... and the the studios wonder why piracy is so rampent. in not paying 3.99 to watch 1 movie. if im paying that amount i better get to watch it whenever i please. I.e. i better buy it for that price...
rage10 is offline   Reply With Quote