Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-13, 05:41 AM   #1
News

Post How Phoenix, the Tegra 4i Reference Phone, Will Bring Awesome Features to the Mainstr

The newly-announced Tegra 4i is ready to bring the power of Tegra 4 to the mainstream with integrated 4G LTE connectivity. And Phoenix will lead the charge.

Formerly known as Project Grey, Tegra 4i is our first quad-core mobile processor to boast an integrated 4G LTE modem. To help our partners bring Tegra 4i-powered phones to market, we created Phoenix ' the Tegra 4i Reference Phone. Phoenix is a fully-functional smartphone with a 5-inch 1080p display, 13-megapixel camera and integrated 4G LTE.

In the video below, we take a look at the hardware and technologies that make Phoenix possible. It takes full advantage of our second-gen PRISM 2, Direct Touch and Chimera Computational Photography Architecture, which enables instant, lag-free HDR photos, HDR videos, HDR Panoramic photos and tap-to-track object tracking.

Thanks to the Tegra 4i chip, its 60-core GPU, the handset is 2x more powerful than Tegra 3, while boasting greater battery life, faster web browsing and compatibility with the stunning visuals available in Tegra-enhanced games.

Better yet, we've tweaked the Tegra 4i architecture to make the chip smaller and more efficient than the competition, allowing us to pack all its tech into a package just 8mm thin.

Check out the video below to see Phoenix in action.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote