Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-23-13, 07:12 AM   #1
News

Post The First Oculus Rift Unboxing Video and Shipping Update

Brendan and Palmer from Oculus put together a short unboxing video using the very first kit off of the assembly line. Check it out to see what all of final developer kits will include and what to expect to get when the shipping begins. Dev kits should finally start shipping out to the earliest backers on March 29th. When your kit ships, you should receive confirmation info and you should be able to track your Rift as it makes the journey from Oculus to your front door. Based on that info I hope to finally get my hands on my unit sometime between April 7th and 14th, it should find its way to Europe and there could be some extra delays at the customs. The guys at Oculus expect to deliver roughly 1,000 ' 1,500 units a week, so all of the backers that are not based in the US should most likely get their units by the end of April.

Will DOOM 3 be Oculus-ready in the future?
A lot of people have been asking us whether DOOM 3 will support the Rift at a later date. We don't have any information on this, that's why we decided to provide replacement rewards and refunds. Remember that if you'd like to 'wait' on DOOM 3, you can buy it anytime on Steam using the Steam Wallet credit replacement reward option.

The Oculus Rift will be demoed at GDC next week, so if you are visiting make sure to stop by Oculus booth there.

Other similar posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote