Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-29-13, 02:11 PM   #1
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Default Am I the only one who doesn't get MineCraft?

I mean really, 1994 called they want their raycaster back.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-13, 07:50 PM   #2
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Am I the only one who doesn't get MineCraft?

No, I don't get it either. My friend's son spent a fair bit of energy trying to tell/show me how great it is so I could have the joy of getting hooked into it my self. I found it hard even to watch him show me his creations, but you know, I told him it was pretty cool. lol

I guess in today's world people would rather build with 3D lego's through a 2D window than actually do it in 3D.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-02-13, 03:08 PM   #3
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I built with legos all the time as a kid so for me, that aspect of it is really fun. I got burned out after a while last year but picked it up once they added the end dragon and enchanting and brewing. That stuff is pretty cool but I never got into the redstone stuff.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 12:15 AM   #4
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't get MineCraft?
Yep it's just you.

lol j/k

I don't find the building aspect of it particularly interesting. However I do like the cave exploration/collecting aspect.

I tend to build a very utilitarian base building and then start digging around in caves. Mine cart runs can be fun too.

Last edited by Starscream; 04-03-13 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Words!
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 05:14 AM   #5
K007

i dont get it either
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 10:14 PM   #6
jdspinna
Dad

Send a message via AIM to jdspinna Send a message via Skype™ to jdspinna

I tried to force myself to enjoy it. Didn't work.

Shall we play a game?
XBL = INdescript
PSN = INdescript
jdspinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:23 PM   #7
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Been playing Minecraft for a long time on and off, Me and 3 mates from work all chip in a few quid a month for a 4 player server and just mess around some nights, It can be pretty fun exploring actually.

The only thing i didn't like when i first started playing was the graphics, I soon fixed that with a texture pack.

Theirs also a friend from work who tried the free version, Hes "doesn't get MineCraft" either.

Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 03:31 AM   #8
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

o_O

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog

Old 04-17-13, 08:08 AM   #9
K007

i still don't get it.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 01:24 AM   #10
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I will never get it
Old 04-21-13, 03:52 PM   #11
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Just looks ugly.

I guess thats part of the charm?

You have been warned.
My Blog
Old 04-29-13, 02:37 AM   #12
Sobbsy

I haven't played it in a VERY long time, but I CAN understand the appeal. I don't care about most of the stuff in the game, I quite enjoyed just running around exploring, listening for a sound in the ground and just digging until I found it. In the end all I did was modify my stats or whatever so I had invincible versions of everything and as much supplies as I needed, and proceeded to just dig and dig and dig. I dug down as far as I could, built a simple little minecart tunnel through EVERYWHERE I'd gone, up and over mountains etc.

It was fantastic fun but eventually I just did all the exploring I could and tired of it. Harvesting, cooking, manufacturing etc etc all just sounds really boring to me, too complicated. I thoroughly enjoyed the digging and exploring hahaha. Here's my little base I made, no idea if my old world would even load any more, it's been like a year since I loaded Minecraft;

I used some kind of minecart mod so I could just drive the minecarts effortlessly along the tracks, up or down. I accidentally started that lava flow outside and so on too, was good fun. But that was it... I become pretty attached to characters and things I craft in games, so I wasn't about to just start a new world or anything, so when I took things as far as I could I just sorta gave up on it.

But at the time, it was so fun
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote