Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-13, 01:58 AM   #13
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: getting a gtx 760 soon!

we aren't waiting consoles to catch up, with the xbox one supporting dx11.2 for instance, what do you think has to happen with the pc,duh? Developers will have to get off their collective asses and stop programming in overused directx 9.0 (skyrim which is one of the most modded games uses dx 9.0, it was supposed to use dx 11 but bethesda went cheap)where texture mods are mostly used due to the fact that the API is so effing old. Directx 9.0 was brought out over 12 years ago and developers still use that piece of crap. Don't you find that a little insulting considering if you ever looked a steam hardware/software survey that the majority of people who game have a dx 11.0 card now. Even if the video card is cheap, they still use dx 11.0 or higher. BTW, I never said that 4gb needs a 384 bit bus dumb ass. if you know your bit rates, 256 works in even numbers for ram size, hence 2,4.8gb. 384 since is a odd bit rates which goes like this, 1.5, 3.0, 6.0 gb hence why the gtx 780 and titan use those high numbers. And I wasn't acting arrogant in saying everybody buy the god damn effing 760. I'll bring to your attention that I am on disability and have a fixed budget. I can't spend $800 on a effing video card because I can't afford it,not because I feel like telling everyone how to god damn buy. Every month my max is about spending budget is $3-400, in canada the best I can buy is a gtx 760 since a gtx gtx 760 4gb ot 770 would effing cost too much. Thanks for being a wealthy scumbag who feels like trashing on the poor. All I was trying to show was how economical two gtx 760's would be over a gtx 780,that's it. My junk is big enough for me not to have a oversized epenis,a-hole!
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 05:21 PM   #14
XDanger
Whaaat?

lol ,You're funny but maybe you should try comprehending what I said instead of being a prick.

Yes we have been waiting for the consoles to catch up because they use an old API and have 512mb vram so low quality textures, When the new consoles pop up and pulishers decide to grace PC gamers with "ports" they wont look like the old garbage but this is hardly worth mentioning its just plain obvious and I dont quite understand the reason for your abrupt point of view.

I didnt say YOU said anything about 384bit busses, Not all information I read comes from yours truly.

as for the rest, Are you on crack??? I'll be lucky if I can afford a 760 after selling my HD6950, Maybe if I sold my commodore 64...
Old 10-06-13, 10:44 AM   #15
wheeljack12

I apologize for hurting your feelings, that's my bad,XDanger,K? The reason I am so passionate about the pc being second fiddle to the console is that somewhere game developers forgot what made gaming industry so popular in the 1st place. The MODULAR and upgradable pc. Sooner or later, the pc will be in full motion ahead of the consoles again sometime or another, with pc gamers having to sacrififce. I would say that I am little sick and tired of the sacrifice. It came out wrong and I have to live with that. And I apologize again for misreading that you were on my side in that the gtx 760 was your choice also. I can even go further in the fact that Nvidia themselves got out of the next gen console race for a reason. They knew who they were hurting. The pc gamer that made them so strong. And to make futher amends, they stopped gouging the gamer and came out with a product that's priced as it should be, the gtx 700 series. Intel is the next in line to learn that hard lesson. For instance, their competition, AMD had 6 sata 3 ports on their motherboards 2-3 years before. No, they underperform compared to intel, but they got there 1st. My stance is that Haswell feels like a slap in the face to pc users. Watch the video at newegg for 4th gen intel processors and listen to Paul at newegg get partially manipulated into thinking that 6 sata 3 ports should make you feel like upgrading. If intel has more resources and man power at their disposal over amd , don't you think that should be getting the same developments out faster than AMD? I do love intel and nvidia products because of one factor. They are stable, worth every penny for EVERYTHING they provide. On the other hand, Intel has shot themselves in the foot by releasing something that doesn't anywhere justify going beyond ivy bridge. And even to go further, intel has mixed products out there in ivy bridge and haswell. They have to considering that some people see the bad idea of little performance and motherboard gains that haswell gives. Because since the core series came from 1st gen to 3rd gen, there was always a justifiable reason to feel to upgrade. When 1st gen core i7's came out, high end users felt somewhat justified when they went from 4 cores hyperthreaded to 6 cores hypertheaded and their were speed improvements at all price points at that time. When the 1156 came, it gave the budget user a avenue to upgrade because affordable core i7's came out. When core series gen 2 and 3 came out, it was the 1st time in a long time that two series of processors had the same socket. And if you were fortunate enough to have a later motherboard in the 1155 series that could handle the bios upgrade, you instantly had pci-e 3.0 and ivy bridge compatibility. I was one of those few who did have the z68 motherboard with ivy bridge upgradability. Unforunately, I had to sell my system to make ends meet. A year later in spring 2013, I made the jump with the money I saved up for ivy bridge since the sandy bridge z68 motherboards were phased out(cpu and motherboard) along with a friend who made sure that my journey of a pc use didn't end with using a underpowered laptop that I purchased with the little money I had. He traded me a low end gaming pc in fall 2012 with amd parts along with a monitor for my laptop. As soon as he gave me that, I bought a used gtx 460 1gb that wasn't even registered (I did so for purposes of having a warranty) keyboard and mouse. Then I slowly over months changed out that system to the system you see in the signature you see today. So, the long and somewhat painful process of a limited income to upgrade has as you can tell, has taken it's toll on me mentally and emoitionally. The one thing you can admit, there are people still out there willing to admit mistakes and ask, not force, forgiveness from.
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

Old 10-06-13, 12:52 PM   #16
XDanger
Whaaat?

My feelings werent hurt, Just my brain with confusion.
I dont plan on changing my 2500K/P67 for a while even if I had the cash ,like you say theres nothing worth upgrading to and wont be for a while yet I think.

Market forces are what they are, No point getting het up over it.

Plenty of people I know are switching back to desktops from consoles and tablet/laptops but this isnt the global trend, For the folk who only ever used their PC to browse ect. its good they cant affect what software we get anymore and good riddance to them.
Old 10-07-13, 11:16 AM   #17
wheeljack12

XDanger, I didn't notice your sig until now. I find it interesting you use 12gb of ram in your system. (I would guess two 2x 4gb and 2x 2gb in a dual channel config). Very smart man to max out your pc like that without going overboard if that's the case. I am not as harsh on people who use their pc for less than it's full potential as I have been surrounded by pc users who are less knowledgeable than myself. What my best approach to them is help empower them to see that full potential with my help then when the time comes for themselves is to allow them to see the full potential of a pc on their own. And not to empower them in big chunks either as I know from my beginnings how overwhelming the pc was for me when I started. One thing I needed to mention. When my sig changes,one of three things happen. Either Kijiji becomes a welcome friend in selling off the old parts or if I can, the part gets handed down to my brother as a upgrade to him. Or as a third last (very last) option, I have to throw out some hardware because I know if it didn't work for my system, I am not welcoming the risk of having to sell off or giving the part to someone who may not like it or having them ask for their money back due to the same problem. For instance , I had a sensei mlg mouse that kept turning itself off in my system (windows or the mb didn't want to keep it powered) often enough that the part was too frustrating to feel like using. I put the mouse in my brother's system which is a totally different hardware config but has the same os (windows 8 64 bit)and it did the same darn thing. So instead of passing on that potential PITA to someone else in selling it, I threw it out and went with the mouse in my sig because it does the job it supposed to do without headaches. My brother has the exact same mouse and I tested his 1st in my system noticing that it did it's job without conflicts/incompatibilities before making the decision to change to the same mouse. You have probably come to the same conclusion, windows 8 was the problem. Yes, more people use windows 7 but you don't know who uses what out there when you sell in terms of OS or hardware on Kijiji.

Old 10-07-13, 01:53 PM   #18
XDanger
Whaaat?

I only have Windows 7 Home Premium so cant address more than 16gb hence 12gb.

I dont suppose I could install an extra 4gb and use it for a larger RamDrive? The limit still applies right??

Did you say the 760 4gb is more expensive where you are? They are the same price as 2gb where I look. I know 4gb isnt worthwhile for a single card but I would like to know if that will ever change.

If nothing else the 4gb card will have better re-sale value since people are idiots or want sli.
Old 10-08-13, 06:15 AM   #19
wheeljack12

Well, if you are wondering, I chose sli gtx 760's for the pure processing power of two gpu's and the combined ram of the same. I was considering doing the 4gb gtx 760 at almost the same price. What changed my mind was the fact that I didn't feel like respending 2 more times for two 4gb cards in sli when I could spend one more time on a 2gb card. Hence, the same reason why you didn't get 16gb of ram and went smart with 12gb of ram. We each have our choice on how we see how to max out our power of our pc and when to do it. As for resale value, I am not PT barnum when I sell. However,if there someone using a 1gb card or a lesser card in core power who wants a 2gb card or more cores in the future, I will be more than glad to help them out when the time comes to make that change to single or dual 4gb cards.

Old 10-08-13, 12:14 PM   #20
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
I didn't feel like respending 2 more times for two 4gb cards in sli when I could spend one more time on a 2gb card.
Gotcha. And the 4gb's arent as cheap as I thought before.

Old 10-09-13, 08:39 AM   #21
wheeljack12

you are right in a smarty pants way. 4gb cards only carry a 20-30 dollar price premium over the 2gb cards. What happened was that I got a more than a little impatient with the purchase. When you are very patient as I have been over many years it tends to wear you down after doing it for so long. Especially since when like myself did have more wealth at one time and didn't have to wait or choose to purchase at such a slow rate like I do now. I can say however that I know the sli will still benefit me regardless of how much each card has in ram. I do know how sli works in terms of maxing performance for the gpu and ram. When I did have more money, I used to own the evga gtx 590 classified. Man, that was a awesome card. Underpowered in terms of clock speed, overall was a champ. One thing I like about the asus gtx 760 cards. Overengineered non-reference cards meaning Asus goes the extra mile with cooling and that little direct power copper plate to direct power directly to the gpu for the two gtx 760's I have. What I do miss is Nvidia vendors like evga and zotac who used to stand by a lifetime warranty. I can't remember what company it is off hand, but there is one Nvidia vendor that still backs their product with the lifetime warranty. I know it's not Asus. Asus is 3 years for theirs which seems pretty much the standard these days. The other reason why I chose the asus gtx 760 for sli was it's card length. I have a atx case that has space for one long length video card (11.5 inches long) and for the second card just under 9.5. The asus gtx 760 is 8.5 inches long. So, space in my case has a limitation for multi gpu setups. I use the antec vsk-4000e case. Very basic atx case.