Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-04, 11:59 AM   #13
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

Ummm I was curious about this game before but it seems that I might go and spend some $$$ on it now...

I hope that us Euros are not disadvantaged with lack of servers and similar...
Old 01-21-04, 09:08 AM   #14
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

Quote:
Originally posted by druga runda
I hope that us Euros are not disadvantaged with lack of servers and similar...
There aren't any official S2 servers for Europe, but there are tons of unofficial ones (including the very good MPUK ones, although they seem to have some lag problems to certain countries lately; probably not their fault though).
Being European myself, I don't quite consider myself screwed Although I play on US servers much of the time anyway, which makes it much harder with a 100+ ping :s

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-04, 11:47 AM   #15
T-Spoon

I'm gonna buy Savage when it gets available in mainland Europe. The UK will see the release on the 20th of February and the rest will see the release of Savage in March.

I'm especially looking forward to the euro release, because it will feature tons of stuff which weren't in the US release, like a 64 page strategy-guide, bonus-cd with many mods/maps/skins, new maps etc.

This is actually the first time that I don't mind waiting a bit longer, since I know it will be worth the wait.
T-Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-04, 12:41 PM   #16
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Spoon
I'm gonna buy Savage when it gets available in mainland Europe. The UK will see the release on the 20th of February and the rest will see the release of Savage in March.

I'm especially looking forward to the euro release, because it will feature tons of stuff which weren't in the US release, like a 64 page strategy-guide, bonus-cd with many mods/maps/skins, new maps etc.

This is actually the first time that I don't mind waiting a bit longer, since I know it will be worth the wait.
Actually, all of that stuff (but the strategy guide, of course, which is paper ) should be available a few weeks (if not a few days) after the European Release. So it's not really "exclusive" - just for a short while.

IMO Downloading makes it cheaper, which is what I did, plus probably more money goes to S2 that way. But DJs, the publishers of Savage for Europe, are nice guys, so do as you wish

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-04, 01:32 PM   #17
T-Spoon

I was tempted to download it, but I just wanted to have a real box or DVD-case to come along with it.

I also could've bought it in a store here in my hometown, but it was like 69,- because it was an imported version. And as much as I like Savage, that was a bit too much for me.
T-Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-04, 05:24 AM   #18
druga runda
Zeus Gromovnik

I'll probably dl it once my internet connection comes back again... (I am without it virtually since Christmas) arghhh... NTL